Bug at Wooden Bridge "when permanently closed"-action + endless shield usage

Moppes

Question

Hi there, I started playing this marvelous game yesterday and, sadly, already encountered a few bugs.

Some have been but a small nuisance, but two them have been kind of annoying.

Mark that I only play with Kyra and Merisiel, but both bugs are probably reproducable in any setup.

1. The Shield of Fire Resistance (have not tested or experienced with other shields) is endlessly usable, (I guess, because you can use another armour after using it and it doesn't except itself from this rule) thus being able to block huge amounts of combat damage.

2. Didn't get the location in a while (had it at the beginning for a few story adventures), but I had the problem with the Wooden Bridge "When permanently closed:"-action (Bury a card to recharge a discarded card) , that after using it with Merisiel, the game switched to Kyra, but without starting her turn. Had to forfeit the game to finish the adventure, this time avoiding using the action.

So, that's the major bugs, please don't bug me (pun intended ;)) about the minor ones, I can't remember...

I hope it's of some use...

Kind regards

Moppes

5 answers to this question

2. Didn't get the location in a while (had it at the beginning for a few story adventures), but I had the problem with the Wooden Bridge "When permanently closed:"-action (Bury a card to recharge a discarded card) , that after using it with Merisiel, the game switched to Kyra, but without starting her turn. Had to forfeit the game to finish the adventure, this time avoiding using the action.

I just ran into the same bug (though in my case Kyra was the one using the bridge's ability), except that it's completely game-breaking. I don't see any forfeit option anywhere. I tried exiting the game and restarting, but hitting Continue or Story restores the game with a redded-out view of Sandpoint as if the entire map was a closed location. It's back to being Kyra's turn, Wooden Bridge is highlighted, and white text says "Choose up to 1 cards from Discard". If it matters, this is playing Brigandoom at Legendary difficulty, so the movement restriction to adjacent locations makes Wooden Bridge's ability a natural thing to do late in the game heading to the last open location at the Waterfront.

No part of the UI responds to attempts to interact with it, not even the blessings deck or the gear icon to go back to the main menu.

Quest mode does appear to work, so the game is not completely unplayable. But not being able to play Story mode does take away most of the point of the game (and 100% of the incentive to buy anything in the Store).

Is there a workaround for this bug? I'd be happy to forfeit that scenario and retry it later, if it made the game playable again. Thanks.

I've been experiencing similar problems.  Armor/Shields that should be able to reveal to reduce damage aren't functioning properly.  Never get an option to reveal.

Sometimes, but only sometimes, there is a mismatch between the type of damage you get and the type of damage Armor/Shields can reduce. Not all the damage you get is Combat damage as it could seems intuitively.

An odd thing today.  After giving Kyra Heavy Armor as a power feat suddenly the rest of the groups armor functions are vastly improved.  For the first time now I'm seeing options to recharge.  Still not working entirely properly, but definitely better. 

I think Obsidian could do better by at least changing text color or description when an Armor/Shield/Item is being discarded (etc) for the purpose of reducing damage.  Right now it's not clear at all until after the fact.