Quest Mode: MISSING FEATS - actions on you, actions on Obsidian

I know that this is a bug and should be discussed in the Technical Support forum (it has been), but I wanted to raise the issue with the general community to make sure that others have the opportunity to avoid losing out in the way that I (and others) have done. This is a great game that I have a load of fun playing, but this issue breaks character progression in Quest Mode in a way that has in-game consequences and I'm hoping to help minimise the number of gamers disappointed by their character builds as a result of missing Feats​. So, that being said... on to the post

You may not have noticed and/or you may have been lucky enough to avoid the bug that means that if you level up in Quest Mode after failing to win a scenario through running out of time ​you will not receive your Advancement Rewards​. Most of the time this doesn't matter because the cards that you get awarded are always pretty useless, but when you hit a level that rewards a Card, Skill, or Power Feat and you miss out on that reward, it's a pretty big deal that has lasting effect on your game. Once you have missed out on a Feat, there is currently no way to get it back!

Actions on you:

1. Detect the Problem: check to see whether any of your Quest characters are missing Feats. It's pretty simple to do (though it takes some time to do for high level characters). Just check the Character's level, read through the Advancement tab and take note of the Feats that you should have earned and then check whether the Character actually has them all. If you're lucky, you won't have missed any - it depends on whether you always win your scenarios or not. I've attached a screenie of my Level 5 Lini showing that she's missing a Power Feat https://www.dropbox.com/s/avum0i1zu9qswnb/2016-08-29.png?dl=0
  2. Prevent the Problem:​ the bug will get fixed, but there is currently no public commitment from Obsidian regarding a retrospective fix. So you'd better make sure that it doesn't happen to you. There are two ways to avoid the problem
    • never lose a scenario :D
    • each time you play, check your experience to see whether you are likely to level up at the end of the next scenario; if you are, make sure that you win or that you Forfeit - do not run out of time! (or I guess lose some other way) Obviously, if you Forfeit you won't get any experience, but at least you won't miss your Feat(s) and can try again

(A call to) Action on Obsidian:

Guys

1. please fix this issue in an urgent priority patch in order to limit the number of affected Characters/Players
  2. please insert some code at the end of a Scenario to check for missing Feats and offer them as Rewards if there are any missing
  • Like 3

I wish I had known this before today. This just happened to me, Ezren level 20 in quest mode. No reward. Oh man, I'm so mad. That's a really crappy bug. Thanks for making the clear and concise post. I'm bumping so hopefully others see it and don't have the same problem.

• Like 1

I wish I had known this before today. This just happened to me, Ezren level 20 in quest mode. No reward. Oh man, I'm so mad. That's a really crappy bug. Thanks for making the clear and concise post. I'm bumping so hopefully others see it and don't have the same problem.

Sorry you experienced this bug - it's a very, very bad one! It's one thing when the game does something bad that makes it harder or responds in an unexpected way, but to permanently diminish your character - that's a whole different thing!

Still, I'm take you found my post and that you found it useful. I have to say that I'm amazed how little response there has been to such an important issue. Maybe not very many players come here, and those that do have already figured it out. I wish I knew how to warn *all* the players (50,000+ download's, that's a lot of players!)

Sorry you experienced this bug - it's a very, very bad one! It's one thing when the game does something bad that makes it harder or responds in an unexpected way, but to permanently diminish your character - that's a whole different thing!

Still, I'm take you found my post and that you found it useful. I have to say that I'm amazed how little response there has been to such an important issue. Maybe not very many players come here, and those that do have already figured it out. I wish I knew how to warn *all* the players (50,000+ download's, that's a lot of players!)

Dude, there's been plenty of response to this issue.  Why you felt the need to create another thread on the topic is beyond me.

@stevozip

1) My comment was for the dev team... from dev to dev, they will understand the meaning... don't worry about that.

2) He created an other thread about it, because he is trying to help in any way the dev team with any suggestion, and simply can't play the game like he did 1 month ago... since a month! The missing feats requires just a hotfix, what do you think, a full rebuilt? Also perhaps he payed the game as others 25 €/$ and want to play the game he likes and he paid! Perhaps this issue is a heavy penalty for 99,9% of Quest mode players. Perhaps players that can't play anymore Quest after one month are thinking to move forward something else and are pushing devs. There are really a lot of reasons why he could have done a new thread!

@stevozip

1) My comment was for the dev team... from dev to dev, they will understand the meaning... don't worry about that.

2) He created an other thread about it, because he is trying to help in any way the dev team with any suggestion, and simply can't play the game like he did 1 month ago... since a month! The missing feats requires just a hotfix, what do you think, a full rebuilt? Also perhaps he payed the game as others 25 €/$ and want to play the game he likes and he paid! Perhaps this issue is a heavy penalty for 99,9% of Quest mode players. Perhaps players that can't play anymore Quest after one month are thinking to move forward something else and are pushing devs. There are really a lot of reasons why he could have done a new thread!

The thing is, there is no need to create an additional thread on the topic.  It's not like this is the first time the devs will have seen this discussed, and I know that because they have commented on another thread in the technical support forum.  Why don't we create countless numbers of these whenever a bug is discovered?  If the OP had not already commented in the other threads and was a new forum user who didn't do a search first, I'd have more understanding.  As it is, this thread doesn't offer anything new that couldn't have been posted in the thread in which the devs have commented.

@stevozip

The thing is, there is no need to create an additional thread on the topic.  It's not like this is the first time the devs will have seen this discussed, and I know that because they have commented on another thread in the technical support forum.  Why don't we create countless numbers of these whenever a bug is discovered?  If the OP had not already commented in the other threads and was a new forum user who didn't do a search first, I'd have more understanding.  As it is, this thread doesn't offer anything new that couldn't have been posted in the thread in which the devs have commented.

I'm sorry that you find my post so offensive and glad that you didn't need me to post in this forum, you are clearly not my target audience. I'm very pleased that at least *one* person found my OP helpful (albeit too late). Helping one person is enough for me. If you take a moment to think about how my post is worded and structured, you might also work out what my other (sadly unachieved) goal was. I've also learned quite a lot about the nature of this forum, and that's quite instructive for me too.
  • Like 1

I know that this is a bug and should be discussed in the Technical Support forum (it has been), but I wanted to raise the issue with the general community to make sure that others have the opportunity to avoid losing out in the way that I (and others) have done. This is a great game that I have a load of fun playing, but this issue breaks character progression in Quest Mode in a way that has in-game consequences and I'm hoping to help minimise the number of gamers disappointed by their character builds as a result of missing Feats​. So, that being said... on to the post

You may not have noticed and/or you may have been lucky enough to avoid the bug that means that if you level up in Quest Mode after failing to win a scenario through running out of time ​you will not receive your Advancement Rewards​. Most of the time this doesn't matter because the cards that you get awarded are always pretty useless, but when you hit a level that rewards a Card, Skill, or Power Feat and you miss out on that reward, it's a pretty big deal that has lasting effect on your game. Once you have missed out on a Feat, there is currently no way to get it back!

Actions on you:

• Detect the Problem: check to see whether any of your Quest characters are missing Feats. It's pretty simple to do (though it takes some time to do for high level characters). Just check the Character's level, read through the Advancement tab and take note of the Feats that you should have earned and then check whether the Character actually has them all. If you're lucky, you won't have missed any - it depends on whether you always win your scenarios or not. I've attached a screenie of my Level 5 Lini showing that she's missing a Power Feat https://www.dropbox.com/s/avum0i1zu9qswnb/2016-08-29.png?dl=0
  • Prevent the Problem:​ the bug will get fixed, but there is currently no public commitment from Obsidian regarding a retrospective fix. So you'd better make sure that it doesn't happen to you. There are two ways to avoid the problem

• each time you play, check your experience to see whether you are likely to level up at the end of the next scenario; if you are, make sure that you win or that you Forfeit - do not run out of time! (or I guess lose some other way) Obviously, if you Forfeit you won't get any experience, but at least you won't miss your Feat(s) and can try again

Guys

• please fix this issue in an urgent priority patch in order to limit the number of affected Characters/Players
  • please insert some code at the end of a Scenario to check for missing Feats and offer them as Rewards if there are any missing

I don't even want to play because of the risk. I've already lost a level 30 reward and I have 3-4 more about to hit 30, if they would just state the plan so we can play without risk.

• Like 1

Actions on you:

• Detect the Problem: check to see whether any of your Quest characters are missing Feats. It's pretty simple to do (though it takes some time to do for high level characters). Just check the Character's level, read through the Advancement tab and take note of the Feats that you should have earned and then check whether the Character actually has them all. If you're lucky, you won't have missed any - it depends on whether you always win your scenarios or not. I've attached a screenie of my Level 5 Lini showing that she's missing a Power Feat https://www.dropbox.com/s/avum0i1zu9qswnb/2016-08-29.png?dl=0
  • Prevent the Problem:​ the bug will get fixed, but there is currently no public commitment from Obsidian regarding a retrospective fix. So you'd better make sure that it doesn't happen to you. There are two ways to avoid the problem

Guys

• please fix this issue in an urgent priority patch in order to limit the number of affected Characters/Players
  • please insert some code at the end of a Scenario to check for missing Feats and offer them as Rewards if there are any missing

I don't even want to play because of the risk. I've already lost a level 30 reward and I have 3-4 more about to hit 30, if they would just state the plan so we can play without risk.

If you know you are going to fail the scenario, Forfeit and it works as it should. You can definitely still play if you Win or Forfeit.