Duelyst

Heijoushin

I'm currently very into a free card/strategy game called Duelyst.

Think: The combat system of Fire Emblem + the cards of Magic the Gathering.

No! Actually, it's more like Yugioh the anime. You place a card, and a monster appears on the board. And like Seto Kaiba, you can throw lots of money at the game, but you won't necessarily win (Seriously though, the in-game purchases are pretty fair as these things go)

https://duelyst.com/
See, the art is pretty too. 

Also, you can play it in your browser (although the performance is better if you install the game), meaning that you can get a game in anywhere you have internet.

Is anyone else playing? 

• Like 1

Oh yeah, been playing the game for a full year. Mostly ranged Vanar but I've lately got my 2nd Vetruvian ribbon playing Artifact Sajj. It's not a great deck but it's fun. And going to get WAY more powerful with the new expansion and monthly cards because they give her tools to remove minions without getting damaged herself.

Edit: for starters these two

dRA5A0r.png?1KCngcWV.png

Edited by Nordicus
  • Like 1

tried it. than tried Gollop's Chaos Reborn, and CR stuck with me more (I think they're very similar games).

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Just play joke decks for a year stubbornly as all hell and end up with a stupidly expensive Artifact Sajj deck :biggrin: (which is still a joke tbf, yesterday I had mere 52% winrate)

The new Vetruvian artifact is hilarious if you can get it with blast. But I think I'm gonna shelf this deck for a while because I want to make some expensive changes with the new expansion cards, and go to my old favorite Ranged Vanar,

WX3ZvcM.png?1xKFFhwa.png

Uvvr7tZ.jpg

Edited by Nordicus

Why... would they make an artifact like that? 5 cost and... it puts you at a disadvantage!?

I think those totens are "gifted" to the opponent. Unless there are alternate victory condition cards like in Magic, which I find unlikely.

But take what I say with a grain of salt, since I just downloaded the game.

Why... would they make an artifact like that? 5 cost and... it puts you at a disadvantage!?

I think those totens are "gifted" to the opponent. Unless there are alternate victory condition cards like in Magic, which I find unlikely.

But take what I say with a grain of salt, since I just downloaded the game.

DreamWayfarer is correct. This is a negative minion "gifted" for the opponent, making it really clunky to ever remove because they can't just smack their own totems, nor can the totems ever gain attack power, or act in any way. They have to use removal spells or dispels to stop the effect, there's no other way.

Edited by Nordicus

I started playing just a couple days ago and I just can't stop. I only have tried two factions so far, but I am having a blast with Vetruvian and while I am losing a lot with Songhai, it is mostly because I still haven't found the right cost balance and I like the faction mechanics enough to keep tinkering.

Oh, and I must say I love Repulsor Beasts. Temporarily disabling enemy big hitters (like that cheap Abyssal card that gets bigger every time something dies) or setting up Backstab, Frenzy or Blast.

I am currently trying to make a mid-range budget Sajj deck. The idea is to use her to hold the line in the early game, then stepping back as my buffed minions finish the enemy general, potentially assisting with the Wildfire Ankh I crafted in a moment of hot-blooded foolishness.

Actually, I will now make another Ankh to try to make the idea more practical and then focus on improving my Vanar skills so I can make a more reliable and less flashy deck for when I don't feel like taking risks.

EDIT: I am also using an improvised aggro Zirix deck of sorts, and both decks actually share a decent number of cards to make things cheaper. Currently I am still on the lowers ranks of Silver, but the improvement over using only basic cards is noticeable.

EDIT2: And noticing that I had a MECHAN0ZOR! Chassis, two Swords and a Helm, I decided to craft a couple wings and Helms to have some fun with the big bot. I will probably stop playing Mech decks for months the first time someone uses Crossbones or Chromatic Cold on it, but...

Edited by DreamWayfarer

• 3 weeks later...