Automatic win/failure button

Hi there,

Sometimes I wonder why an "Auto Win" or an "Auto Fail" button doesn't show up when my current dice either allow me not to possibly fail a check or not to possibly win a check. I know this possibility does not exist on the physical game, but I think the digital one could offer me the option to skip some dice roll (and some dice roll animation) whenever the outcome of the check is decided beforehand, no?

Just an idea...

Cheers!

Mauricio

Yea, in physical game you don't roll at all, I think..

I agree completely. And I have also seen an other game for Android with the same complexity working great with 'auto win/lose' feature (Talisman, an other digital board game with added expansions). So it's really time to make the game faster where it is possible imo.

I can see one reason - sometimes it matters by how much you win or lose the check (see Rat Swarm and Collapsed Ceiling for example). To implement the Auto buttons, the devs should have to support two different mechanics for the same thing, and if you have Autos by default, then all exceptions would have to be identified and manually coded to remove the auto-buttons; which, imho, is too much of an overhead for an arguable benefit (an by 'arguable" I mean - certainly convenient for players, and certainly doesn't bring anything for the devs, except some small measure of goodwill for the few players that would care for that feature).

And, yeah, I would LOVE an auto "reveal Animal" button for Lini.

• Like 2

You can use the 'Mark Solved' button beneath a post that answers your topic or confirms it's not a bug.

The time that devs don't have to spend on the forum is a time they can spend on fixing the game.

Fundamentally we are asking to add a simply option in settings that enable avoiding roll on ability check to close a location if you have already the base value guaranteed, or to fight if you have an easy 'reveal' option to overtake the bane.

It's just an setting addition with an easy expression. No sensible overhead for computing that, also if game iterates through all the weapons in our hand.

I can see one reason - sometimes it matters by how much you win or lose the check (see Rat Swarm and Collapsed Ceiling for example). To implement the Auto buttons, the devs should have to support two different mechanics for the same thing, and if you have Autos by default, then all exceptions would have to be identified and manually coded to remove the auto-buttons; which, imho, is too much of an overhead for an arguable benefit (an by 'arguable" I mean - certainly convenient for players, and certainly doesn't bring anything for the devs, except some small measure of goodwill for the few players that would care for that feature).

I understand your point, but I'm not saying that such a button would completely replace the dice roll - in fact, the player would always have the option to roll the dice. So we would be able to roll when the difference matters and have an easier time the rest of the time...

(The auto button could be "all rolls = 1". You would use when you couldn't possibly get a boon, for example, but not when you couldn't possibly defeat a monster...)

Cheers!

Then what's the difference between hitting the autoroll button and rolling the dice?

It's not an autoroll - it's an auto pass/fail. The difference is that you don't have to do the swap gesture to roll the dice, see the animation and wait for the result to show up - so it might save us as a little time every now and then...

Cheers!