What's on the idiot box?

Rosbjerg

I have a bad feeling about this

Why are all the Klingons bald?

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

*Star Trek Discovery Trailer used to be here*

So the main character is half human half vulcan, who has a bad dad. Everything else in the trailer was a mess. I have absolutely no idea what is going on. Perhaps that's the reason why they removed the trailer?

Main character is a human who was raised on Vulcan.  Discovery is an exploration vessel and it looks like they're going to come into conflict with the Klingons as they try to map space.

Trailer seemed pretty clear to me.

• Like 1

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

So the main character is half human half vulcan, who has a bad dad. Everything else in the trailer was a mess. I have absolutely no idea what is going on. Perhaps that's the reason why they removed the trailer?

Main character is a human who was raised on Vulcan.  Discovery is an exploration vessel and it looks like they're going to come into conflict with the Klingons as they try to map space.

Those were the Klingons? No wonder I couldn't figure it out. I thought they were some new alien race.

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

Those were the Klingons? No wonder I couldn't figure it out. I thought they were some new alien race.

uruk-hai

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

CW posted a first look for Black Lightning:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=172&v=RZpJeuXo2CY

Disappointed it's not part of the Arrowverse, though they could easily change that if they wanted to down the road. 

Devastatorsig.jpg

I'm okay with them letting it stand alone. If they want / need to do a cross-over once the show is established, they still can.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Flash penultimate episode was again typical for S3

OK, so Argus has a meta power dampening field which stops Barry's speed and from which you have to steal a McGuffin to save Iris. Why not put Iris inside said meta power dampening field instead? Problem solved? If you don't think about it too much it was a pretty good episode which hasn't always been the case this season, but all the time travelling etc introduces far too many plot holes. And since they used the face shifting tech it's pretty likely it wasn't even Iris who got skewered anyway so there isn't even much emotional impact.

I like this theory and youre probably right but

we know that real Iris went to Earth 2 and then was taken by Savitar. So the only time to do an Iris switcheroo would have been the brief time when Barry was going all Ghostbuster on Savitar (seriously, the first thing that popped into me head was "don't cross the stream!" :lol:). But relative to the rest of the world, that fight happened in seconds (or less) so there would not be much time to replace real Iris with not real Iris. It was probably H.R. sacrificing himself because he feels so guilty. Then they can just bring back the Wells from Earth 2 and its like nothing ever happened.

Did anyone see the last episode of Samurai Jack? Got to admit I was slightly disappointed with the ending and I wasn't expecting much from it, which is a shame as the rest of the season had great to good episodes.

As for ST:Discovery, why are they so stuck on the Kirk period, it wasn't even that good to begin with. Instead of going to the future and showing wild and new technology they are going further back.

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

well, episode 4 o' american gods was, for the most part, tv-specific content.  am having few complaints 'bout the laura moon character expansion. good episode.

episode three were great and disappointing.  more ian mcshane is a good thing.  playing a more puckish al swearengen, although he hasn't said c0**$***** once. mcshane's character is different than we envisioned, but am enjoying the changes rather than being bothered by 'em.

on the other hand, the jinn encounter were almost complete inverted.  

god(s) forbid the one overt homosexual encounter (as far as ma recollecting at the moment) from the novel would end in tragedy and curse.  am thinking the tv show developer motives for the change were transparent and unnecessary.

overall, am thinking episode 3 suffered from being erratic.  too much unrelated content.

still enjoying.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Finished Season 4 of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., in the end it was better than I expected.

It's just a bit of a letdown after Season 3, but... what wouldn't have been. S3 was pretty much perfect except for some pacing issues near the end.

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

Well season 4 was split into 3 storylines so if you don't like the Ghost Rider stuff it's not all season. I actually really like that they are treating it more like a comic book and doing several smaller self contained arcs per season instead of trying to spread a story across the whole season. Less filler.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Started episode one of Stranger Things. Ended up binge watching the season.

Edited by Leferd

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

My favorites on Netflix are: Revolution and Nikita (showing my age here...)

My favorite show on Hulu: Timeless and 12 Monkeys. Timeless is cool because it goes back into real historical events and time travellers make an alternate reality by changing things.

I follow Arrow, Flash and Supergirl. I gave up on Legends Of Tomorrow when they killed off my favorite character on that show.

Flash and Supergirl had a great musical episode, considerinf that alot of peeps from those shows are either from broadway originally or from Glee.

That's about it... or so I think.

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

Twin Peaks season 3....what a great return. Feels more like David Lynch's newer films than old Twin peaks, but that's alright.

Also liking American Gods and what I've seen of Master of None s2 so far. So much good tv these days.