Remaster?

Yes would be nice, But I think We need little bit more some Pathfinder CRPG :-P Best from some original AP like Curse of the Crimson Throne, Carrion Crown or Jade Empire ;-)

• Like 1

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

I'd probably pick it up, but a new game using the Pathfinder rules would be better.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

As well as the technical spit and polish, bug quashing and FIXING THE CAMERA, I think really that if NWN2 were remastered I would want to see a major reworking of the plot, characters and choices. In essence I think it needs streamlining, getting rid of all the flabby boring stuff and making what remains detailed and reactive.

Some of the characters i'd merge, perhaps Khelgar and Casavir, so that one interesting character emerges from two fairly dull and cliched ones. Areas that were unexplored, introduced and then discarded i'd expand to cover multiple roles: Crossroad Keep, Fort Locke and Highcliff Castle i'd probably merge into one gradually changing and evolving location, that opened up as explored and the plot demanded. Highcliff i'd probably make the protagonists home, it is far more striking visually, allows access to the Mere and would serve just as well as West Harbour.

The run to Neverwinter i'd try to make a Flight from the Dark like desperate escape, pursued, endangered and deadly. I'd also like to maybe allow multiple routes instead of just one, and have consequences and unique content on each.

I could go on, i've written out a veritable campaign based on how i'd GM the OC, though i'd definitely keep most of the core elements as they are well designed. I really don't know why i've thought about this so much when I consider the OC mediocre, strange.

Edit: Oh i'd also like the dance of death from the first NWN re-implemented, dodges, parries, attacks etcetera animated. Lord knows why they omitted this.

Edited by Nonek
  • Like 1

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

I'd go for it; my original run through NWN2 was cut short by a broken ankle and a broken computer and a broken laptop.  It was a bad year.

Now I have a laptop to play it with (assuming I can find all the discs again) but modern laptops don't come with disc drives, and external disc drives are a pain for long-term laptop playing, IMO.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

By far an incomplete D&D collection. I'm missing Storm of Zehir, Temple of Elemental Evil (which I had, played, but never finished), and Planescape: Torment ... a game I admit I've never owned or played.

My current Drow Rogue playthrough of NWN2 is fun. I forgot how finicky the camera options can be, but once you get the right configuration, you can whip it around pretty easily. 

All Stop. On Screen.

Well... my Steam library looks like that. My laptop doesn't even have a DVD ROM. 

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Planescape: Torment ... a game I admit I've never owned or played.

Get out! You lucky dog. You get to play it for the first time. Go offline, go on amazon, or steam, or GOG, or whatever and order it now. As a game it's just ok. As a story that you experience first hand it's outstanding. Best plot, best story, best characters in any game I've ever played. PoE is second. 

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I got a Xbox so I could play ReCore, coming Tuesday ... the first game I've seen requiring Win10, 8 GB of RAM, and 2 GB of VRAM ... which means on XB1 it'll be sofa king slow. Also I don't get out much, so probably it's not technically the first game with those requirements. Actually I do go outside a lot.

All Stop. On Screen.

Can't find the discs ... you can borrow mine. I thought everyone's RPG hard stash looked like this. ;)

complete_zpssifqagh8.png

I wish. Sadly I had to get rid of my pc game boxes (and a lot of my console game boxes and dvd/bluray boxes) for space reasons.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

• 3 weeks later...

when you all say "remaster" you mean remake using the PoE engine, right?  :dancing:

• Like 2
Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

ONLY if they remaster the toolset too, or give us one to use as well as persistent worlds and being fully moddable. PoE was a fun game, but it gave me a week of enjoyment rather than ten years. 

But really, what would stop a remake using Pathfinder rules and tweaks to monsters (oops, we can't use mind flayers, let's replace them with X)? Just change out place names and maps. And then build the MotB and SoZ expansions. And Mysteries of Westgate. And... wow, this is actually kinda exhausting....

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Think a Beamdog dev made some comments about NWN/NWN2 remasters, and how they were basically impossible because of the Neverwinter MMO.  An MMO which they could have named anything else...

I'd be more interested in an Obsidian rpg, with a toolset, based on the Pathfider rules at this point.