Music. Must. Go on!

Gorth

Still my favorite Brazilian death metal/thrash band.  1:53-3:30 shows off Sepultura's instrumental prowess, flexing their progressive death metal skills many years before progressive death metal really became a thing.  A band well ahead of their time.

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Still my favorite Brazilian death metal/thrash band.  1:53-3:30 shows off Sepultura's instrumental prowess, flexing their progressive death metal skills many years before progressive death metal really became a thing.  A band well ahead of their time.

I tried to listen to them the last time you posted them (even though I don't really like metal), but it's just not for me, no matter how forward thinking or advanced they may have been for the time. :(

• Like 1

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

I tried to listen to them the last time you posted them (even though I don't really like metal), but it's just not for me, no matter how forward thinking or advanced they may have been for the time. :(

Not everyone can appreciate Sepultura, or any other death metal bad, it's not for everybody.  Not everyone can appreciate the merging of melody and hard core death metal.  

• Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I'm sure I've posted this video before, I'm positive, but it needs to be posted again once in a while.  In 1984 a massive rock concert was formed in large part to Boontown Rats musician Bob Geldof.  A plethora of popular acts of the time participated across multiple stages that were cast across the world for free.  This was the time for bands to rise to the occassion and make a name for themselves.  Queen was already one of the biggest bands in the world at this time, when they took the stage.  What would follow is arguably the single greatest live performance of all time.  If nothing else, it's the greatest performance of Radio Gaga ever.

• Like 6

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Yeah, I watched this last time you posted this. :p

• Like 1

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

I'm not trying to spam, it's been years, but this needs to be posted once in a while.  What Queen ( and U2 to a lesser degree) did at this show needs not be forgotten.  Epic stuff.

• Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

I had to do it.  It's still the greatest live performance ever.  EVER.  What Queen did at Live Aid is LEGENDARY. 100 years from now people will still be talking about it.  It was THAT amazing.

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

• Like 3

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

Brain; "Oh, look, it's the nightelf dance"

Also, I remember seeing the video way back when, and I thought she was really scantilly clad; Today it barely registers, :p

Edited by Azdeus

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Brain; "Oh, look, it's the nightelf dance"

Also, I remember seeing the video way back when, and I thought she was really scantilly clad; Today it barely registers, :p

She will always be the best for me, even if its just a high school internet crush :)

• Like 1

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

She will always be the best for me, even if its just a high school internet crush :)

By that time I started developing a crush on Simone Simons, she was winning me over from Tarja Turunen. :p

Though I couldn't help but become slightly infatuated with just about any girl that could sing well. :blush:

Edited by Azdeus

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Peak Duran Duran

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3W6yf6c-FA

Also, peak John Taylor bass.  As a (fairly poor) bass guitar player I can attest that 1981 (Girls on Film) through 1983 (Rio) were peak John Taylor years.  After those years he would kind of sink into the background.  Unfortunate because the man could clearly bring the funk.

This bassline is still amazing over 30 years later.  After listening to the song normally, listen to it again focusing on John Taylor's bassline.  My delivers the funk.

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 2

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

The new wave movement gave plenty of room for bassists to shine and make a splash in the scene, what with the genre's funky influences mixing with the general disparagement of technical display at the time courtesy of punk. John Taylor, Mick Karn, Del Palmer, Tony Levin, Tina Weymouth, Colin Moulding, Sting, Pedro Aznar amidst others all emerged or reached a peak of recognition in this period, and with good reason - an incredible amount of talent here.

Edited by algroth
  • Like 2

My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/alephg

Currently playing: Roadwarden

Its progressive psytrance for those that like the trance genre  :dancing:

• Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela