Music. Must. Go on!

Gorth

Nah, don't worry. I'd argue that most music is pretty pedestrian, just because it's from a niche genre doesn't automatically make it more sophisticated. I generally don't mind if it's simple. I mean... I do have a full set of Hammerfall albums here that I enjoy(d) a lot, and they're the Katy Perry of power metal. ;)

*Hides all Hammerfall T-shirts*

Heh. Without Hammerfall as gateway to power metal I would never have found gems like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kymf6m4sVWM

Edited by majestic
  • Like 1

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

I love Kamelot, they're awesome - I miss Roy Khans voice but the new guy is good aswell. They've done some amazing songs, I still remember first time I heard

The Epica album is a masterpiece, me and my mate sat in his room listening to the album with our jaws on the floor, just amazed by the composition.

Not to forget, Epica was inspired by Kamelot aswell, and they do some pretty nice pieces, Consign to Oblivion and Phantom Agony are really good aswell.

• Like 1

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Heh. Without Hammerfall as gateway to power metal I would never have found gems like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kymf6m4sVWM

I really need to put Memento mori on my mp3 for work, it's amazing. Now that I have different requirements for tempo and speed I can add some more varied songs than ones that pump up my pulse.

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Second best Roger Moore era Bond song.

Most underrated Roger Moore era Bond song.

• Like 4

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

Heaven is for real...

Lindsey Stirling is a goddess:

Celtic Women (the first Celtic Women, not the ones now) are awesome to listen to, they calm my nerves.

• Like 2

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

With the passing of Roger Moore, I re-watched some episodes of The Persuaders! the short lived Roger Moore / Tony Curtis adventure comedy series.

Reminded of what an awesome theme John Barry came up for it:

• Like 2

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

With the passing of Roger Moore, I re-watched some episodes of The Persuaders! the short lived Roger Moore / Tony Curtis adventure comedy series.

I've been watching the Saint myself.

I've been watching the Saint myself.

I'm already watching The Saint - started the 3rd season a couple of weeks back.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Well well lots of RETRO music here but I get it I also played Baldur's Gate back in the days and I guess most players are at least mature. For the record

I am mature not telling my exact age but MATURE means at least 30+. I have eaten for more then 15 years Carnosine

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carnosine

"Carnosine (beta-alanyl-L-histidine), featuring the characteristic Imidazole-ring, is a dipeptide molecule, made up of the amino acids beta-alanine and histidine. It is highly concentrated in muscle and brain tissues.

Carnosine and carnitine were discovered by Russian chemist Vladimir Gulevich.[2] Researchers in Britain,[3] South Korea,[4] Russia[5][6] and other countries[7][8][9] have shown that carnosine has a number of antioxidant properties that may be beneficial"

and I like sports and people guess that I am younger when they meet me.

Whatever I like modern music also  so I am a bit different then you and I also like mostly electronic music. I am from Finland Europe.

This is retro music to me and I will pick up a tune from Europe Belgium to be exact:

Edited by Terminator

Well here is the tune from USA that I like most... It got average reception in USA, but when it came to Russia it was number one! One of my ex girlfriends

is a Russian. In Eastern Europe and Russia and Germany culture and laws regarding some nasty girls can be very different from USA in general.

• Like 1

Of course I also like a bit rock music. Here is one of my favorite rock tunes. Evanescence is Gothic Rock ,but highly popular today! My little sister is only 27 years old and she sure does like rock!

Evanescence Going Under

This song is the Rock song winner of year 2011

Evanescence - What You Want

Edited by Terminator