Disappointed with new chest payment structure

http://forums.obsidian.net/blog/8/entry-195-changes-coming-to-chests/

Seems the developers have decided to do away with giving any discount to those buying chests with gold rather than money. Soon all chests will be 500 gold each, with no bonuses unless you spend money on them. Have to say I am very disappointed. I have been managing to farm 2000 gold per day and buying a set of 50 chests each 10 days and then enjoying opening 5 per day. I know it is only an extra 500 gold per day to do the same thing, but I hate having things taken away. It just feels like I have had a feature that I really liked removed. Have to say I haven't played at all today. Just can't get in the mood. Wonder how others feel about this change.

I already play buying a couple of chest per day, so that doesn't change anything for me at the moment, but I can understand all the players enjoyed trying to collect all the cards, and now it will be longer..

I think all players that are complaining with f2p access now can be quite satisfied... if you want the chest discount you have to pay...

• Like 1

We got a number of requests to be able to buy bulk chests more easily...

I would ask whether the devs confirmed that 100% of these requests came from people that purchased gold with real money.  It's possible to farm the gold and buy the chests in bulk, but it takes some time and I can imagine that a lot of the requests for bulk purchases came from people that didn't spend real money on the in game currency.

I think most of the displeasure (mine included) isn't the removable of discounted chest but rather eliminating the option for buying in bulk with gold.

Its just right that paid players get some of incentive, in this case bonus chest..it just seems like the overall change punishes people who has lots of gold, F2P or not, which are in turn the same people that plays the game. ( coz everyone earns gold ingame)

If they could just bring back the ability to buy in bulk even without the bonus chest with gold, I think most people will understand the change better than what we have coming right now.

Well its not really that much if it helps the lady regain self confidence I think, after breast feeding a lot of vitality can be drained from that area so surgery is sometimes a recourse...

Oh, i'll get me coat.

• Like 1

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

It's not a huge loss for me, but I was using the gold / chest interaction to police my purchases.

I.e. For every 11000 gold I farmed, I would pick up the 9.99 9000 gold.

By playing in that hybrid style, I ensured that I only made purchases pursuant to the amount of time I had been putting into the game.

I feel like I will be less likely to make purchases as a result of this change, but only time will tell.

• Like 1