Can you delete my saved characters?

MauGibrin

Question

Hello there!

I am unable to play Pathfinder Adventures since the last patch was installed; the reason is I can't enter any party management screen, from anywhere (quest or story modes). So, no new parties for me (and the only one I got is unable to play past the Black Magga's special effects). I am close to the limit of characters, so I think that maybe if they are erased, I will be able to create a new party and play again...

My # is VER-573-20160815-PFID

Thank you very much!

Mauricio Gibrin

12 answers to this question

Hey Mauricio,

If the parties are locked, you can go into Story and delete the parties by tapping on "X" on the top right of the save file. You can also delete the characters as well by tapping on the Experienced Tab when making a new party > tap character > tap on the ellipse (...) and hit delete. 

But before you do that. I would much rather take a look into your save and see if there is a bug that we can fix. Your PFID# Came up blank. If you are on an Android device, open up Google Play Games app and launch the game from within GPG. If you are using an iOS device, please open up Gamecenter and do the same.

Thanks! 

Well, I know I can delete them - I'm a somewhat advanced user. Trouble is, I simply cannot access any party management screen, from anywhere - the game crashes on the loading screen. So I can't even delete the characters...

(That also means I couldn't try to do the Sajan daily quest, for example, since a new story mode game begins with the party management screen.)

Of course, my PFID is EA6E5D83BBEEB5A3

Best regards - and thank you very much for looking into it for me!

Mauricio

So... Can you delete them? I'm still inable to open any party management screen without suffering a crash first...

Thanks again!

Mauricio

Are you crashing at the Unity loading screen? Try uninstalling and reinstalling and see if that works. If it doesn't, then try downloading the game remotely from your desktop.

Hope that helps!

Are you crashing at the Unity loading screen? Try uninstalling and reinstalling and see if that works. If it doesn't, then try downloading the game remotely from your desktop.

Hope that helps!

No, I'm crashing whenever I try to enter any party management screen. The game loads ok. I can see my parties when I enter Story Mode, and I can even play some adventures. But I can't create new parties or modify existing ones and I can't play Quest Mode (since it starts with the party management screen).

The reason might be that I have too many saved characters (I am probably close to the limit), so that's the reason behind my request...

Thanks again!

Mauricio

Hi Aarik,

I'm on an iPad mini. I have been able to play the whole game with a few hiccups, except for the scenarios past (and including) Here Comes the Flood...

Deleting the characters will not affect my saved games, right? If so, you can delete them all. If not, just keep the first four (Lem, Valeros, Harsk and Ezren).

Best regards!

Mauricio

Well, somehow I managed to enter a create party screen, then I started deleting my saved characters like crazy. It worked - and now I can enter the party management screen regularly! That is, except for the Quest Mode, that stubbornly remains unnacessible...

I even managed to assign new dice to the party members (but I can only do that with 9 or less saved characters - any more than that and the games crashes after I assign the dice...)!

Thanks, Aarik!

Mauricio

Hey MauGibrin,

Glad you got it working finally! The root of the issue is probably the iPad Mini, due to having low memory. I wasn't able to find a quest mode save on your account, so since it is stored locally, you should uninstall/reinstall the game to remove the quest mode save from your device and you should be able to access Quest mode again.

Thanks!