Bug: Can't press buttons, quest mode stuck

Gray_Fedora

Question

After being required to bury a card I discarded from taking damage, I find myself unable to push any buttons. This means no Next Turn, no Discard, no other characters... and no options. Which means no forfeiting. Resetting the app and going back into quest mode just takes me back to it demanding I bury the Guide and start all over again.

What do?

• Like 1

10 answers to this question

It's a rare bug. It happens to Story mode too.

Quest mode is quite bugged mate at the moment, the only defense is a manual backup of your local data (Quest doesn't go on cloud). In this way if anything goes wrong you can restore working data.

Normally you have to delete local data of the app to remove the dead-end of the Quest, and starting a fresh one...

It's a rare bug. It happens to Story mode too.

Quest mode is quite bugged mate at the moment, the only defense is a manual backup of your local data (Quest doesn't go on cloud). In this way if anything goes wrong you can restore working data.

Normally you have to delete local data of the app to remove the dead-end of the Quest, and starting a fresh one...

Quest saved to the Cloud as of 1.0.3.7 IIRC. But recovering would require making sure the App is completely shut down (maybe even logging out of Play Now or Play Centre(?)), backing up the PACG Saved Games folder and then deleting it. After a device restart, login to Play Now and launch the game. You should have a restored game. Or course if your messed up game is saved to the cloud, this won't work as restoring damaged data never helps! Deleting the temporary save (in Slot_99 I believe, but doing quote me ;)), might help.

Some guidance from the Devs in this regard would be *very* useful and much appreciated!

Hey guys,

Sorry for the troubles, could you please provide some additional info? What wildcards are in play? What location is it? What character is being affected? What caused you to discard a card? Were any abilities or cards used? Which bane did you encounter, etc. Any additional information will be helpful.

Thanks a bunch!

Thanks Gray,

Could you please post your PFID# and if you are on an android device, upload your save folder? So we can look at your saves?

Connect the Android Device to your PC.
Open Windows Explorer and open the device
Open the Android Folder, then data -> net.obsidian.pacg1 -> files
Copy the PACG1_SAVE_GAMES folder to your PC
Zip and send!

Thanks!

I encountered this same bug on iPad.

What wildcards are in play?

Crow Bait

What location is it?

Shadow Clock

What character is being affected?

Lini (in solo quest mode)

What caused you to discard a card?

Wrathful Sinspawn (summoned by Erylium)

Were any abilities or cards used?

None

I am having the same issue on crow bait with Merisel.  That said, I have run into this issue multiple times in quest mode as well when I got the bury items on damage scenario power.  In quest mode I am usually able to forfeit the scenario to get out of it, but I cannot do that in story mode.

Edited by Alinius

I encountered this same bug on iPad.

What wildcards are in play?

Blood in the sand

What location is it?

Shadow Clock

What character is being affected?

Lini (in solo quest mode)

What caused you to discard a card?

Wrathful Sinspawn (summoned by Erylium)

Were any abilities or cards used?

None