Several questions from a new player

Hello folks! :)

A couple questions from a new player, if I may:

1) "Sign Up for Daily Gold!" sounds like a giveaway of free stuff. But the "Daily Gold" option on the "Gold"page of the store actually costs money (about $2 worth in my currency). So is it just misleading and no free stuff is given, or do I have to pay $2 once to be able to get my free gold on a daily basis, or how does that work?

2) I've bought the first Adventure (Burnt Offerings) at 80% off. Can I expect the other two adventures to be offered at a discounted price any time soon? Or should I just start grinding gold?

3) Speaking of grinding, I've completed the first two adventures on Legendary mode, and now completing thm again on Normal and Heroic doesn't give me any gold, but completing them on Legendary does seem to give me 150 gold. Is this the way gold is farmed in this game - completing adventures on Legendary over and over? Or is there some limit to it too?

4) I've unlocked some stuff but haven't have the items drop yet. Is there a good Scenario that has more odds of dropping good items, or that it easier/quicker to complete for the purpose of farming gold and items?

5) Unless I purchase the Characters Add-On, am I stuck with the initial two heroes (Merisiel and Kyra), or will others be unlocked as I progress through the story?

Thanks for the answers! :)

1. By using 2$ you get dayly gold subscription. You have to claim it personally every day during the time period.

2. Only Obsidian know.

3. Normal and heroic gold reward is only once per scenario. No limit with legendary.

4. See what card types Are available in locations. In some scenarios there Are more ally cards, in other items etc.

5. You can buy the character pack and/or individual characters. Or you can buy the whole Bundle that includes all characters and Also some special card costing 25$

• Like 1

Two more questions:

1) Do I get some penalty if one of my characters dies over thr course of an adventure? Gold penalty maybe?

2) All the extra items that I collect during an adventure and have to give up afterwards - are they just gone, or do I get some gold for them? Is it worth it to hunt for items in order to sell them, or is it just mere pennies not worth the trouble?

Thanks!

You only get gold during the game by defeating monsters, closing locations, winning scenario and completing daily quest.

To answer your questions:

1. If you don't play with Permadeath option active only penalty is that the character doesn't get scenario reward in case you win the scenario. If that would mean missing out on Skill, Power or Card feat you might be "better" off forfeiting the scenario. If you play with Permadeath option active that character get deleted following the end of scenario (whether you win or loose).

2. They're gone. As for whether you should try and collect everything you encounter: absolutely! Remember, your deck is your life so every card you pick up during scenario is increasing the amount of total damage you can take with that character.

2. You get gold for them. Yes, very much worth it, during the scenario it is HP for your hero. Afterwards, they're converted into gold..more rare = more gold, more excess card = more gold.

Really? Thanks. I never noticed any gold gain following the deck restructure... guess it was very, very small.

2. You get gold for them. Yes, very much worth it, during the scenario it is HP for your hero. Afterwards, they're converted into gold..more rare = more gold, more excess card = more gold.

Are you thinking salvaging cards?
No, well not entirely if you're thinking of salvaging of cards in your gallery.

Whenever your party has excess card of any type at the time you reconfigure deck after a scenario, they are automatically salvaged.

Example a party of 4 of total allowed allies of 8, if you have by the end of scenario have more the 8 allies total by deck reconfiguration, it is salvaged automatically, same goes with other cardtype. I don't know the exact conversion per card but i noticed more rare useless card I have in excess (AD1 Globes), I get more gold.

Edited by Bajie

Really? Thanks. I never noticed any gold gain following the deck restructure... guess it was very, very small.

Maybe you are getting only basic cards as excess?

Now that you mention it, when I exit the card restructure phase, I sometimes HEAR coins drop, but I don't see any graphic showing it.  Interesting.

Maybe you are getting only basic cards as excess?

It's more likely that it's because I play story mode with "Treasure Cards in story mode" option turned to off so all I get are base cards...

Now that you mention it, when I exit the card restructure phase, I sometimes HEAR coins drop, but I don't see any graphic showing it.  Interesting.

Thats it. It depends on my wifi connections if i see it or not..much like when you finish and get rewards on completing a scenario..if my connection sucks..it shows zero, if its good, its shows the reward and even shows it being added to my total gold.

I'm playing quest mode. One of my characters hit level 5 and got a new Feat (I choose Weapon Proficiency). The other character hit level 5 during an adventure in which I ran out of time. She gained experience, but I was not given an option to choose a new feat for her.

Since then I leveled her up a couple times, both when winnning an adventure and when running out of time. When I run out of time, she just gains the XP and levels up. When i win, she levels up and gains an item. But it looks like that bonus feat from level 5 is forever lost to me now.

Is this how it's supposed to work? Or is it a glitch? What should I do?

I think that is a glitch/bug. Pre latest patch, I remember if i don't complete quest mode I don't get the exp I gain during the scenario.

I think someplace in the bug section, they say its better to forfeit the scenario if you are about to level up but can not outright win the scenario.

As for the lost reward, i think its a wait and see for fixes.

I'm playing quest mode. One of my characters hit level 5 and got a new Feat (I choose Weapon Proficiency). The other character hit level 5 during an adventure in which I ran out of time. She gained experience, but I was not given an option to choose a new feat for her.

Since then I leveled her up a couple times, both when winnning an adventure and when running out of time. When I run out of time, she just gains the XP and levels up. When i win, she levels up and gains an item. But it looks like that bonus feat from level 5 is forever lost to me now.

Is this how it's supposed to work? Or is it a glitch? What should I do?

Unfortunately, it is a bug introduced in the last patch (awarding experience when failing a scenario).  The only thing that you can do is "Forfeit" the scenario when you know you are going to fail it.  When you "Forfeit", the characters do not gain the experience, therefore do not level up and lose the feat.  The devs are aware of the problem and hopefully will have it resolved with the next update.

Edited by kurtalb1

• 2 weeks later...

Why does the game ask you to roll a d6 for items when you close some locations, when you are never awarded more than one item?

Because you could still explore them if you have cards/abilities for that. In this way you potentially can get more useful cards or more cards to sell for gold in the end.

When you play with full party you normally close location in 2-3 turns for characters and explorations are very efficient with 8 locations.

I got some loot cards when I finished the 2nd big adventure (beat the Lamia), but i didn't get the Stalker Mask (Helmet?). Is there some way to get the loot i'm missing? What if I banish loot cards or just remove them from a deck in between scenarios - is there a way to get them back?

Stalker Mask is a special loot card.  You don't get it from the deck's big boss.

[Spoiler-type stuff regarding the Stalker Mask. ]

Obvious spoilers are still spoilers.  Click if you've finished AD2, or are the sort of person who probably wouldn't fall for Clark Kent's "disguise" being a pair of eyeglasses.

• Like 1