Game crashes - map error

vengeance

Question

PoE has been working fine for weeks until now. Finished Defiance Bay, came back to Caed Nua, entered Brighthollow and tried to go upstairs, but now the game crashes to the main menu any time I try to go there. I've been playing an hour or so since, avoiding the upstairs, but am concerned that my save(s) is/are corrupt if this is happening. Please advise. The files you asked for are at: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/22944015/poe_Archive.zip

Thank you.

• Like 1

14 answers to this question

Bump.  People are reporting that installing White March fixes this... After all the money I spent on the game, It would be nice to have a working version...  Since you Dev's don't care enough to fix your mistaken code, how about a free workaround for those affected by your carelessness. 

Call me old-fashioned... but when I ran customer service... if a paying customer were inconvenienced, and had an interruption of service, they were compensated for it.  Xaratas has been without primary characters and a location for nearly 3 months now.  The reason the game broke, was Obsidian modified the code for additional content accessible only to people who paid *more* money.  This is called bait and switch when it's intentional... and 3 months is a long time to wait for a fix.  If Xaratas is fine with it, who am I to judge, but s/he would have been compensated were I in charge of their service.