3.04? Update on our next patch

I know I'm late, but can we maybe have a different spell for wael's boon? There are so many ways to apply dazed already... How about let's say a lesser miasma of dull mindedness ? Or a lesser bewildering spectacle?

Everybody knows the deal is rotten

Old Black Joe's still pickin' cotton

For your ribbons and bows

And everybody knows

[update 5: 10/17] Bugs to fix before release 'wishlist';

- Sul attacking her own pride during 'The Old Queen and the New King'

- Cliant Lis traps not functioning

- The Unlabored Blade Firebug proc not functioning

- Fighter, Clear Out causing Blights to stop attacking

- Breath VFX originating from adventurers hand

- Paladin, Flames of Devotion becomes unusable after party AI uses it with ranged weapon

- Tooltip for Sabre +20% is missing item mod 468

- Chanter, One Dozen Stood... phrase not reducing Frightened and Terrified

- Nyry the Deft Hand not granting Cape of the Cheat to base game

- Characters sometimes being stuck in Elmshore adra pillar

Note: These are the issues we want to hit before pushing the 3.04 patch live. Anything serious found will/can be added to this list until the release. Let me know!

• Like 2

Here's an interesting bug. In White March II, once you disable the trap on the chest in the High Abott's office, you lose the ability to interact with it unless you click on the chest immediately.

Here's the save file - http://www.mediafire.com/file/0clin57bo6mcn9a/776899d1-a8ff-438c-accf-95761aeddafd_quicksave.savegame

Hi Sking,

Another balance thing here – I started a thread/poll in the character builds section to get a feel of how people used reload based weapons in the game (https://forums.obsidian.net/forum/91-pillars-of-eternity-characters-builds-strategies-the-unity-engine-spoiler-warning/)

The gist of the thread (not to misrepresent anyone - read it yourself) is that reload/firearm weapons are generally most useful in "quickswitching" set-ups. Some people like this, because they feel it's consistent with how these weapons would have been used in "real life" setting. Others, like myself, appreciate this way of using the weapons but feel that their use beyond quickswitching is pretty lackluster vs bows because since WM1 you've been able to stack multiple speed enchantments for bows, making them do a lot more damage over-time vs other ranged weapons, whereas there are only very limited ways of reducing reload time.

Just wondering if the balance people at OBS have taken a look at how reload weapons fare vs non-reload weapons since WM1, and whether peoples' experiences with these weapons are consistent with the dev's vision for how they should be used.

I'm aware of that, and I never had the option of using the abilities whilst outside the moon fragment. It might be because I didn't go straight to Cayron's Scar via the menu after the cutscene (I went to Stalwart to rest, sell gear, and prepare).

I got them all the time but if memory serves I did indeed always go straight to Cayron's Scar.

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

INT bonus to AoE only affects the "Friendly AoE" part of abilities/spells that affect both allies and enemies (etc. Holy Radiance & Devotions for the Faithful). I'm not sure this was intended.

Yes, it's intended. IIRC it was stated during development that AoE increases from high INT would not include friendly fire.

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

I'm not talking about friendly fire.

Bonus AoE for Devotions for the Faithful only applies the accuracy/might buff, and doesn't apply the debuff. Same goes for Holy Radiance; INT bonus AoE only applies the heal, and doesn't apply the burn damage to vessels.

Basically, spells/abilities that combine both Friendly and Foe AoE effects only apply the increased radius to the Friendly AoE effect.

Edited by Insolentius

It would be nice (and possibly an easy change?) if the Stronghold merchants were somewhat more useful. The General Goods merchant, for example, could sell foodstuffs.

In my current play-through the ingredient merchant is the only one I've found to be truly useful. The weapon and armor merchant could be, I suppose, if I needed a particular item early in the game. As for the others, the scroll merchant only sells 2 types of scrolls, the traps merchant only sells 3 types of traps, and the general merchant is only useful for camping supplies (that I can get in pretty much any town, plus at least 1 in most wilderness/dungeon areas).

Not a major complaint by any means but it makes me a little sad that my awesome stronghold has worthless tenants. Especially the general merchant... inside my treasury! Is he selling me things I already own or what? XD

Form of the Delemgan visual effect persists after combat on Hiravias (who's wearing Blaidh Golan). The only way to remove the effect is to take the armor off and put it on back again.

I think it's this bug; not necessarily related to that particular armor.

It would be nice (and possibly an easy change?) if the Stronghold merchants were somewhat more useful. The General Goods merchant, for example, could sell foodstuffs.

In my current play-through the ingredient merchant is the only one I've found to be truly useful. The weapon and armor merchant could be, I suppose, if I needed a particular item early in the game. As for the others, the scroll merchant only sells 2 types of scrolls, the traps merchant only sells 3 types of traps, and the general merchant is only useful for camping supplies (that I can get in pretty much any town, plus at least 1 in most wilderness/dungeon areas).

Not a major complaint by any means but it makes me a little sad that my awesome stronghold has worthless tenants. Especially the general merchant... inside my treasury! Is he selling me things I already own or what? XD

I agree. Spending a bunch of loot just to get some non-useful merchants isn't very rewarding.

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

And where can man find the 5th short story?

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

There is no 5th short story; Chris Avellone's novella is available through Obsidian's backer portal, from your GoG library from within the PoE tab, or within your game extras folder in your Steam PoE installation directory.