3.04? Update on our next patch

Another thing I thought I'd mention, which seems to be an unintentional effect, is that Zealous Endurance does not stack with alcohol DR bonuses. In practice this means no one will (or rather they might, but shouldn't) take this perk as alcohol is cheap and ubiquitous and inns restock regularly - on the flip side if they did stack you could get reasonably substantial DR on characters for a time due to the stacking effect.

People are still unlikely to take it over Zealous Charge/Focus even if they did stack, but it would at least be worth a little more consideration.

Another thing I thought I'd mention, which seems to be an unintentional effect, is that Zealous Endurance does not stack with alcohol DR bonuses. In practice this means no one will (or rather they might, but shouldn't) take this perk as alcohol is cheap and ubiquitous and inns restock regularly - on the flip side if they did stack you could get reasonably substantial DR on characters for a time due to the stacking effect.

People are still unlikely to take it over Zealous Charge/Focus even if they did stack, but it would at least be worth a little more consideration.

Except that ZE gives +3 DR and gives additional hit to graze conversion, and doesn't require you to continuously keep pouring alcohol into all your characters. It doesn't last *that* long, and it's tedious at best even if you can find enough ale to keep that up (which seems unlikely). So I'd say alcohol is certainly useful, but it doesn't even remotely undermine the value of ZE. 

For a tough fight where you'll need the extra DR, I don't think it's too much effort to restock and use it for that. Hit to graze conversion is fine, but it doesn't equal the other Focuses IMO, as Charge can give your whole front and back lines mobility (which will usually do a better job of safeguarding your spellcasters than 3 DR will) and Focus is obviously extremely useful.

Classes like Monks can already get 10 DR just for standing around, and an extra 3 DR is unlikely to save your backline from harm. Making it stack seems to me like a good idea.

Loving the chatter everyone. We are on schedule for the Tuesday Beta. Stay tuned for more information on the 'amazing, incredible, unbelievable super secret prizes for people who participate.'

- Sking

P.S. People are totally playing the newest edition of one of my favorite franchises of all time Civilization VI on Twitch. Which is making me super jealous. Check them out!

• Like 4

Loving the chatter everyone. We are on schedule for the Tuesday Beta. Stay tuned for more information on the 'amazing, incredible, unbelievable super secret prizes for people who participate.'

- Sking

P.S. People are totally playing the newest edition of one of my favorite franchises of all time Civilization VI on Twitch. Which is making me super jealous. Check them out!

Thanks for all the work on the Beta!

Could you get some balance people to take a look at whether it might be worthwhile making Soulbound Weapons Enchantable with Durgan Steel?

Edit: Just to be clear, I think that many of the soulbound weapons (barring Stormcaller) fall behind their enchantable counterparts as the game goes on, particularly as regards the absence of lashes (this is a big deal!) and Durgan Steel bonuses.

Edited by Livegood118
  • Like 2

- Sking

Thanks for all the work on the Beta!

Could you get some balance people to take a look at whether it might be worthwhile making Soulbound Weapons Enchantable with Durgan Steel?

Try the newest ieMod, it enables enchanting for SoulBound items now - http://www.nexusmods.com/pillarsofeternity/mods/1/?

• Like 3

So, due to PC problems I needed to download the game on a Mac, and for some reasons capes are invisible. I don't know if it's mac related... But I have very slow internet so I'd rather see a fix ;)

Everybody knows the deal is rotten

Old Black Joe's still pickin' cotton

For your ribbons and bows

And everybody knows

^ it's a known Mac-related issue; the plug in used for cape physics (IIRC) doesn't work on Mac.

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

I have a small balancing request: would it be possible to change the item AOE bonus effects (both the general one as well as those to Chant area / Zealous aura area) to be to the radius rather than the AOE? They're to the full area now, ie. the square root of them is taken before apply them to the radius (eg. +10% to AOE becomes +4.9% to radius). By contrast, the Intellect bonus is applied directly to radius, making the item bonuses quite underwhelming by comparison. It's also not very intuitive, because both are still described as a bonus to Area of Effect.

• Like 6

Yes its a good idea. By extension. a +6 / 7 % to radius instead of 4.9 % could be a great idea.

4.9 % radius/10 % effect, I have check visually the difference. Its very light... 

it could be an interesting adjustment

Edited by theBalthazar

^ it's a known Mac-related issue; the plug in used for cape physics (IIRC) doesn't work on Mac.

Ah well then... It actually doesn't bother me as I got used to it... No capes and the world looks much more real ;) no more "but why doesn't the xaurip just step on my cape"-logic Edited by Ben No.3
  • Like 1

Everybody knows the deal is rotten

Old Black Joe's still pickin' cotton

For your ribbons and bows

And everybody knows

Found another interesting bug - unlocking the last level of Ryona's Breastplate has given my Chanter Triggered Immunity permanently, even when I change equipment, rest or reload. Would be nice to squeeze a fix in given the uniqueness of the item.

The Triggered Immunity issues 'should' be addressed as a whole in 3.04. If anything is still off with the ability or items granting the ability please bring them up in new threads.

Thanks

- Sking

• Like 2

So ? When the patch will be release

The 'perfect world plan'

- Update the Beta build toward the end of this week

- Run that Beta for another week or so

- Last round of bug fixes

- Live release (looking about 2 or 3 weeks from today)

- Decide the winners of the feedback contest

- Give out dope prizes and sick high fives

- Sking

• Like 4

Sking,

is there room for further balance changes like my proposal to make spiritshift abilities 1/encounter instead of 1/rest?

Not in the sense that it gets in just because I mentioned it; more like, "does it make sense for us to debate balance changes like that one at this stage?"

• Like 2

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Assuming that this is the place to post bugs still, something that's not exactly a bug but is kind of related is that for a character using Frenzy their endurance is still colour coded (so the first ? of ?/? - representing the endurance cover up - will represent your endurance in the normal way, light green being 100-75%, yellow being 74-50%, etc.). What this means is that while you don't know exactly what your endurance is, it does mean that you can tell to the nearest quarter making heals easy to time for effectiveness, and in essence more or less defeating the purpose of covering up endurance in the first place.

I'm not sure if this is worth it or even desirable to patch in, but it seems to run contrary to the idea of frenzy giving you no knowledge of what current state the character is in. I suppose to a more meticulous extent you could just keep track of the numbers in the combat log to work out health, but as this is extremely tedious I can't imagine people would actually bother.

• Like 1

Quite sure you'll need to post bugs to the beta bugs section to draw attention to them.

Good stuff guys/gals, we are loving the feedback. I'm putting together a short list of bugs that have come up since the beta went live in hopes we can get fixes in before we switch it to live. I'll post a 'wishlist' most likely early next week.

- Sking

• Like 2