3.04? Update on our next patch

Are there any plans to include exclusive fullscreen with the 3.04 patch?

I play on a 960m laptop with a 4k uhd screen. When exclusive fullscreen worked prior to the 3.0 patch, I used to get 50-60 fps outside of Defiance Bay (30-40+ fps inside DB). Now, I get 30+ fps outside of DB and a headache-inducing 20+ fps inside DB.

I just want the smoothness back.

[update 4: 9/26] Tim Table Update and Balance Change;

- We are about half way through are current test plan for the 3.04 patch, we should be finished by Friday. We will be releasing the Beta on Tuesday of next week. 

- Sabre base damage will drop to 11-16, and it will have a +20% damage mod. They should still take the 'top damage' slot but this change should lower them enough to encourage other options. Let us know what you think during the Beta.

Note: We are looking for lots of feedback during this Beta. There will be amazing, incredible, unbelievable super secret prizes for people who participate. More details on this will be announced soon.

We rock, you rock, we all rock

- Sking

• Like 4

Hey Sking,

- Sabre base damage will drop to 11-16, and it will have a +20% damage mod. They should still take the 'top damage' slot but this change should lower them enough to encourage other options. Let us know what you think during the Beta.

Do I understand correctly this mean Sabres now come with 11-16 and a 20% damage increase that stacks with everything, so that further % bonuses apply to the base 11-16?

We rock, you rock, we all rock

- Sking

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yQ-REfn6Ao

Also... any feedback on my requests from a few posts above? ;)

Edited by AndreaColombo
  • Like 1

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

To annoyingly nitpick, is there any plan to incorporate the bug with stun on crit weapons having much longer effects than they should mentioned earlier in the thread (link to the fix)? I didn't see it mentioned in the planned fixes, and Loren Tyr mentioned a fix should be easy enough - however I have no idea of coding to know whether that's true or not.

It does make Barbarian Carnage quite overpowered, so it's likely worth a fix, especially if it's also and easy fix. On the flip side, though while a little overpowered, it's not exactly game-breaking - it'd just elevate stun on crit weapons over the other on crit weapons for having a lengthy duration.

Edited by Jojobobo
  • Like 1

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Psst.... We just snuck (never liked the word 'sneaked' much) in a few more fixes.

- Fixed the Nav around the adra pillar in Elmshore

- Cape of the Cheat will now be rewarded to base and px1 players 

I got your backs

- Sking

• Like 1

Yo sking, thks a lot for the updates. I really like the way you nerfed the sabres, finally the dmg will not get multiplied anymore like a 2 hander.

If you still bother to do some balance:

- could you please enanche a bit the "normal" fist dmg ( non monk fists) ? At the moment if you took novice suffering there is this awkard thing that doesn't matter anymore if you graze, hit or crit: all dmg moltiplicator applied only to the base fist dmg (5- 8 ), while all the bonus from novice suffering remains the same. So you will more or less do the same dmg every shot, you get no incentives for pump your accuracy.

- i will still try to go forward with my personal crusade about solo chiper: could you make soul shock, amplified wave and pain block castable on self?

Thks anyway for the time dedicated, this 3.04 is going to be a great add to the game

Edited by Dr <3

And about bug with swords and beetles? Each time when i hit them with sword, game calculate my attack as slashing damage, despite of those beetles have 22 slashing DR and 10 pierse DR. Roughly speaking about numbers, but there it is...

• Like 1

[bug] The Old Queen and The New King Quest still bugged

I searched online and found that this bug was reported in 3.03 beta patch but I met this bug again. 

When I got into the Galawain's Maw, I talked to Desthwn, but then I used Rope and Grabbling Hook to get to the other side, after several fights with some normal foes, I got the combat log saying that Sul has been killed (not by me) and the quest then was updated.

But when I went to Teir Evron, I can not advance the quest by talking to Galawain though the journals show I should.

I think the problem is that inside the maw, the foes would fight among themselves. When I went back to the maw again, if I move my mouse to the rightest arena on the map I can still heard the fight. If I sneak into it through the vines, they would automatically become hostile, but If I don't sneak in but chose the first option in the scripted interaction they wouldn't become hostile. 

Here is my current save in the maw (Unfortunately I don't have the save before entering it the first time, I didn't know it's a bug until I can't advance with Galawain)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hgj5nai1ye9ala7/57c225307ce44ba18b1bb3f0560cfd2d%2030137779%20GalawainsMaw.savegame?dl=0

Edited by Ancientfire
  • Like 1

I had something similar to the above as I mentioned earlier in the thread, making sure I had to kill Oeros to progress, and as I mentioned Desthwn then talked to me like Sul was the champion even though she was dead. However, then when I actually spoke to Galawain, he did treat it as both were dead.

It seems like the issue here would be if a player wants to leave Sul alive and kill Oeros (or vice versa if the quest can't be progressed otherwise), which limits your options in terms of solving the quest in the way you'd want.

While I think it is a good balance change, I believe it is a very bad news for rogues. Rogues are already limited in what they do to single target DPS. While it could have been ok, a twin-arrows ranger plus pet are already close to equal them.

Double Sabers were one of the few ways to make rogue DPS shines. +20% damages is totally unsignificant for them.

Saber changes seems good but it should be compensated by a little Rogue Buff in my opinion.

While I think it is a good balance change, I believe it is a very bad news for rogues. Rogues are already limited in what they do to single target DPS. While it could have been ok, a twin-arrows ranger plus pet are already close to equal them.

Double Sabers were one of the few ways to make rogue DPS shines. +20% damages is totally unsignificant for them.

Saber changes seems good but it should be compensated by a little Rogue Buff in my opinion.

It's not as good as 13-19 base, but it's hardly insignificant. In any case, I like the change, for rogues and in general. This way, you aren't 'forced' nearly as much to go for Sabres, and they're better balanced against their inherent disadvantage of being Slashing damage only. The Axe-wielding rogue might get a bit more chance to shine now as well, stepping out of the Sabre's shadow.

+20 % damage hum... = +2 Damage ?

The mod of base damage weapon is always better than fixed boost ? (the reason of change i presume)

The problem is, in terms of DPS, mace and battle axe become more interresting now, no ? (Rimecutter, ravenwing ?)

There is now no reason to take a double saber with critical.

Edited by theBalthazar

Actually, fixed boost/higher base damage range is better than 'equivalent' +X% damage, because the fixed damage boost/higher base damage gets multiplied by any +X% damage bonuses. So without other damage bonuses, the new Sabre will do 13.2 - 19.2 against the original 13 -19, but if we add in for example +50% from a Crit it becomes 18.7 - 27.2 for the new vs 19.5 - 28.5 originally. And that gap quickly increases as the total +X% damage bonus gets larger, one of the key reasons it has been such a popular weapon for Rogues, with their endless accumulation of damage bonuses. One assumes the reason for the change is to make the Sabre a bit more balanced compared to other weapon types, bringing it closer to other one-handers and further away from two-handers. 

Not sure how maces and battle axes becoming more interesting now is a problem though. 

• Like 1

Thanks guys for the continued support of Pillars, BUT Sking seeing as you absolutely rock with your feedback you wouldn't mind asking some of the powers that be to drop a hint or three about POE 2?

Did I mention you are my favorite developer....

Edited by rheingold
  • Like 4

"Those who look upon gods then say, without even knowing their names, 'He is Fire. She is Dance. He is Destruction. She is Love.' So, to reply to your statement, they do not call themselves gods. Everyone else does, though, everyone who beholds them."
"So they play that on their fascist banjos, eh?"
"You choose the wrong adjective."
"You've already used up all the others.”

Lord of Light

Yes, there is more damage with 13-19, IF and only IF the bonus is highter. (Major part of time, anyway) Its base number of calcul.

Because Sabers are no longer interesting... The problem is only... moved. Nobody will use saber now, its just that. There is a lot of weapons better. I oversee a migration to Rimecutter (Same damage + 20 % speed. Saber become useless). Its not a big change for balance. Rogues deals the massive DPS. For them, the problem is : the speed of attack. Its better to deal less damage with rogue and attack more often. (engorgement effect. very present with firearms. 10 HP remaining for ennemy.... .... BOOM ! 180 damage. Time to reload etc...)

So, the damage of rogue, its pretty the same with a melee weapon with this little change. This change is more problematic for the others melee class, I think.

Edited by theBalthazar

It is a balance thing though, and good on the whole. Sabers were overpowered. There was little point in using a 2 handed weapon other than for a particular weapon which had wounding or prone say. Now at least 2 handed combat will be viable. And there are still some good Sabres around. Just means that they are not an automatic selection.

• Like 1

"Those who look upon gods then say, without even knowing their names, 'He is Fire. She is Dance. He is Destruction. She is Love.' So, to reply to your statement, they do not call themselves gods. Everyone else does, though, everyone who beholds them."

Lord of Light

Just means that they are not an automatic selection. 

I'm not sure. Others choice is now "automatic" anyway... Rimecutter x 2, i coming : p. Its my point. A nerf calls another.

At this point, we must nerf also the famous-electrical-bow ...

etc etc...^^

Edited by theBalthazar

Sabres were a problem, it had to happen. Regarding 2 rimecutters, well I never manage to get one or the Helwax mold in a playthrough. But yes it is absolutely about creating choice, now people can choose other weapons or styles without feeling they are gimping their characters.

Lord of Light

Sabres were a problem.

Each type of weapon have an advantage. Its not a "big priority" problem. 

Its a question of some residual damage. With a high DR resistance "slash", some others weapons can do more damage than sabers (old version). 

We know the best type is pierce. (in general)

Fire is the best elemental damage. (nerf it !^^)

So, we talk about what a difference ?

For rogue : ? Insignificant. 

Edited by theBalthazar

We know the best type is pierce. (in general)

Fire is the best elemental damage. (nerf it !^^)

Crush is better than Pierce. Regardless, the difference across damage types vs DR is very small if we consider the average DR values from all creatures in the game (including TWM I and II)—and by very small I mean typically below 1 point.

Sabres were a problem.

Each type of weapon have an advantage. Its not a "big priority" problem. 

Its a question of some residual damage. With a high DR resistance "slash", some others weapons can do more damage than sabers (old version). 

Yes, and the advantage of the Sabre was too big. Or so, clearly, thought the devs, and I think there are plenty of people who would agree. The high base damage put it closer to two-handed weapons than the other one-handed weapons in terms of damage, now it is more nicely balanced. All have the same base, and each its own unique perk. This is a bad thing how, exactly? 

• Like 3