3.04? Update on our next patch

I love the support that the team is giving to this game post-launch. Playing PoE now compared to before is so much nicer. :D

• Like 4

Current IWD 2 Party:

Gridley - Cleric of Bane - LN

Ogg Vorbis - Barbarian/Fighter - CG

Gorbid, Son of Gorb - Fighter/Cleric of Selune - TN

Don Juan - Fighter/Thief - CN

Junt the Unsane - Bard - CE

Trant - Tiefling Wizard - CE

Something that's probably not a bug but a general needless inconvenience is that you can't change chants outside of encounters in combat zones, but you can in non-combat zones (towns or cities).

This makes zero difference in terms of gameplay, as if you set fights to their slowest real time setting and instantly pause you can set whatever chant you want before chanting commences at the start of an encounter. However, this is obviously awkward and annoying, and has no logical basis (I find it hard to believe a person can't just choose to say different words from one moment to the next).

It seems like if there's already a way to set this in non-combat zones, using those same settings in combat zones would be easy - unless it's a cooldown issue and fiddling with the mechanics would affect cooldown in combat. Still needless inconveniences are a little irritating.

Edited by Jojobobo

Another small "not-a-bug inconvenience" is related to weapons that have a chance to dominate.  E.g, the soulbound sceptre.  I think it should disable the dominate effect if there is only one enemy remaining.  Trouble is, right now you get into this cycle:

​- Finish off all but one enemy

​- Attack final creature

​- Whoops!  It's friendly now due to the dominate proc, and all my soft characters have decided to cuddle right up to it.

​- Reshuffle formation, wait for dominate to break, or smack it again to make it hostile.

​- Hit it again to kill it... Whoops!  Now it's friendly again...

​You can work around it: don't attack the last creature alive with that character, or switch weapons.  Not the end of the world, but if it was a single if-test to avoid proc-ing in that situation...

Last but not least... thanks a lot to all the people who've worked to improve PoE post-launch, for so long now.  There's clearly been a huge amount of work in all of the fixes and improvements.  It's a vastly better game now due to all that support, and that is really appreciated!

Has it already mentioned that on some occasions medium round shields (wood ones) become invisible (stats remain though). And sometimes when switching weapons in combat, their respective reload animations won't play if they are ranged. For example a bow is stuck in "normal" animation (so no pulling the string-the characters do, the bow doesn't). Apparently there is always an arrow stuck on the bow in that case. Less noticeable with big weapons, but for example the aralbest's handles won't turn when reloading. The bug remains even after the fight an reload, only solving is through restart of the game

Everybody knows the deal is rotten

Old Black Joe's still pickin' cotton

For your ribbons and bows

And everybody knows

Updated the OP. Yay, more fixes.

Slap hands

- Sking

Thanks for the update; list's shaping up quite nicely :)

Hope you guys get to Wael's Boon and the Binding Rope/Lavender Wreath/Retaliation bugs too!

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Hello. I'm a Korean user, so I'm not good at English. It seems that there are a few bug about Ranger(Not Sagani, One I created.)

1. Takedown

My animal companion doesn't rush to the target. No motions in animal companion.

2. Play dead.

Instead of animal, my 'ranger' do play dead.

3. Master's Call.

It doesn't have animal's motion, too. Unlike the description, the animal doesn't come back to my ranger. Actually I don't know it's a bug, because I don't fully understand 'Master's Call'. Why does skill have to designate  a target?

Pillars of Eternity is one of my favorite games, so I look forward to playing 'Tyranny' soon. I wonder if you fully understand my reply, but thank you for making good games.

Something I was thinking about today.

When you hover over a weapon's base damage and that weapon has a +% damage increase enchantment (e.g. fine, exceptional etc ...) the "base" damage of the weapon will be the base damage + whatever % increase has been added to the weapon by the enchantment.

This seems to me to be a little misleading and could lead people to calculate the damage off the false base rather than the actual base.

Another bug I've noticed is Cape of the Master Mystic has stopped triggering invisibility, even when I am being critically hit. I made a thread about it here, but the there's not any extra detail about the bug in the thread.

EDIT: Never mind, the bug seems to have fixed itself so it's unlikely to be a severe problem.

Edited by Jojobobo

Since the latest patch and/or the White March coming out, whenever I recruit Hiravias (may occur when recruiting other party members as well, I'm uncertain) I can no longer change my party. I can remove members, but when I try to add other party members, it doesn't work.

It can be fixed by disabling the auto-levelling of newly recruited party members, so It has something to do with that.

- Charming all enemies in a combat will no longer reset combat

This made for a great comedy moment during a fight I lost horribly. My hapless party was being slaughtered when an enemy wizard confused my surviving characters. So while my guys were stumbling around with little tweety birds orbiting their heads, the bad guys started casually walking off, as if they were saying "yeah, we showed them". Of course, then the confusion wore off and they ran back to finish the massacre.

• Like 1

Hello. I'm a Korean user, so I'm not good at English. It seems that there are a few bug about Ranger(Not Sagani, One I created.)

1. Takedown

2. Play dead.

3. Master's Call.

It doesn't have animal's motion, too. Unlike the description, the animal doesn't come back to my ranger. Actually I don't know it's a bug, because I don't fully understand 'Master's Call'. Why does skill have to designate  a target?

Pillars of Eternity is one of my favorite games, so I look forward to playing 'Tyranny' soon. I wonder if you fully understand my reply, but thank you for making good games.

Hmm, might be something wrong with your installation, actually. I just tried them for a bit with Sagani, but they worked fine for me. Takedown is basically like the Knockdown fighter ability (there is no actual rushing involved by the way, it just knocks the target Prone). Master's call essentially teleports the animal companion from wherever it is to the Ranger's side, dealing damage and knocking Prone any enemy in the direct path from original position to new position. And indeed, Play Dead should affect the animal companion (and did, when I tried). 

Just completed the game a 2nd time and I found two bugs (not mechanics related):

1. Companions voice acting starts playing halfway into a sentence, instead of at the start. Don't know how to trigger this, it doesn't seem to happen all the time.

2. One of the ending slides didn't have any voice acting and after 5 seconds of being on screen, the game skipped to the next one - This happened on the Caed Nua slide (in my case, "The fortress of Caed Nua emerged as a bastion of security in the midst of an untamed land...").

I hate Unity.

1. Takedown

2. Play dead.

3. Master's Call.

Hmm, might be something wrong with your installation, actually. I just tried them for a bit with Sagani, but they worked fine for me. Takedown is basically like the Knockdown fighter ability (there is no actual rushing involved by the way, it just knocks the target Prone). Master's call essentially teleports the animal companion from wherever it is to the Ranger's side, dealing damage and knocking Prone any enemy in the direct path from original position to new position. And indeed, Play Dead should affect the animal companion (and did, when I tried). 

Thank you for your help! I will check my installation.

Hi Sking and all,

It was just brought to my attention that the wounding enchantment on weapons such as Tidefall, Persistence and Drawn in Spring do not correctly benefit from INT and that INT in fact reduces the total DPS of such weapons.

For example, if a particular hit qualifies for 10 wounding (Raw) damage over 10 (Base) seconds, a character with 5 Int will do that damage over 7.5 seconds whereas a character with 15 Int will still do the same amount of damage but over 12.5 seconds. Expected behaviour would of course be that the base damage of wounding is modified by might and then this damage is extended through increased duration per tick via intellect.

Also, while we're at it, is it intentional that some summons don't benefit from INT?

Edited by Livegood118
  • Like 2

Guest FlorianGh

I already played past 400h and never got the bug fixed that I post it since day 1  : my log gets resized every time I start the game. Other then that, thank you Obsidian for not treating fans like InXile did with their TToN. Keep up the great work! Can't wait for Tyranny and PoE2. And Arcanum 2! :D

Looks like the IP might be owned by Activision ... prolly not gonna happen folks.

Edit: the European Trademark for it has expired so it doesn't look like anyones got any plans for it in the next few years at least! If they did that thing definitely would have been registered  https://euipo.europa...marks/001575729

Edited by Livegood118

Apologies if these have already been posted here (or fixed in 3.03)

If you only fix one thing in this list, please fix this: http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/76095-ghosts-are-now-all-but-impossible-to-see-after-patch/

If you fix one more thing after that, let it be this: http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/82928-203-spirit-doesnt-disappear-outside-cilant-lis/

I've given up hope that this will ever be addressed, but since you asked: http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/85687-caliscaheodan-vobarkstring-mismatch/

I've heard you guys are working on this one: http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/85488-pearlwood-bluff-si-weirdness/

This one never got much traction. I can probably learn to get over it with time: http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/85901-cendricbodyguard-placement/

I love you guys. Can't wait for PoE2 announcments :)

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

So, any news for the patch ?

We have all our fixes in, and we just gathered our test team. The plan is to run a quick sweep (few weeks) through all the systems, then put it up for Beta (a week or so), then release it. And everything is going to go off without a hitch. IT IS! :).

- Sking

• Like 5

Could you sneak in any additional fixes besides those listed in the OP? :)

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus