AD4 still on track for August?

We know that there Are problems in certain cards and Also with quest mode rewards, so hard to know for sure. There is ten days left so it is possible that ad4 may come out. But They will let us know when They know themselves.

Summasummarum what this means is that They don't know it yet, when ad4 is ready to lounch.

We know that there Are problems in certain cards and Also with quest mode rewards, so hard to know for sure. There is ten days left so it is possible that ad4 may come out. But They will let us know when They know themselves.

Summasummarum what this means is that They don't know it yet, when ad4 is ready to lounch.

Hannibal, everyone who frequents these forums knows all this already. As much as you chime in on nearly every thread, you are not a developer or an employee of Obsidian. I am asking the developers for a progress update, NOT YOU.

And I'm pretty sure that, with August nearly over, they already know whether or not they can meet that deadline.

No but They always have given information before the release. I am not claiming that I know anything, but when considering the past releases, I Expect announcement when it comes, not before. It is not their Style.

I did not mean to be a besserwisser in here. Many people just ask same questions ower and ower again. Even this ad4 question has been asked so Many times that I can not count. And same before with ad3, ad2 and so on. Sorry for inconvenience...

Edited by Hannibal_PJV

Honestly I haven't even played in over a week (the daily challenges are now asking me to come back to the game) and only a few times in the last month.

The development track basically failed on this game and it's just monotonous at this point. I came back to see if there was progress but with nothing new coming out I probably won't even bother when AD4 releases. Most likely I'll wait till AD6 comes out, give it at least 2 patches after that and then play through to the end.

Won't be lining up on day one to pay $25 on any future releases, that's for sure. Very disappointing.

• Like 1

I still find plenty to play.

Sorry to see you go. I think every 2 months is not the worst schedule since we do have Quest mode, but I understand burn out as well.

Give a rest and come back.

You obviously enjoyed it for 3 months.

Why not wait and enjoy it for 3 months more later this year?

• Like 4

The problem of half content for Story, issues in the core, bugs for Quest, no multiplayer feature is quite sad, because the timeline will be obviously long at this point. Devs knows how many accounts are become inactive.

But I still think this game has a huge potential when it will be complete and fixed. And devs have ideas to make the game more funny for all its players.

So, take a break, take a change if you need and try new apps. But then return to check where the game is arrived from time to time mate

• Like 1

You guys aren't saying anything I'm not already aware of. There's less than a week left in August and it's again feeling like we're gonna be let down by Obsidian. A quarter of a year for new content? 1.03/AD3 came out May 27 according to the Apple store and tomorrow will be exactly 3 months after that. I really hope Flounder keeps his promise this time but the lack of response to this thread by the developers is not hopeful.

What is shameful? I see no acts by obsidian that could be considered shameful. There were no promises of August release, only a hopefully. I bet the reason for no update is because they are working hard to meet that deadline but don't know if they will make it.

You being overly critical however, seems much more shameful than anything obsidian has done.

• Like 3

What is shameful? I see no acts by obsidian that could be considered shameful. There were no promises of August release, only a hopefully. I bet the reason for no update is because they are working hard to meet that deadline but don't know if they will make it.

You being overly critical however, seems much more shameful than anything obsidian has done.

Overly critical? Is waiting a quarter of a year for an adventure deck being overly critical? Considering the in-app store listed AD4 as 'Coming June' and currently lists it as 'Coming July' when August is nearly over, craps all over 'no promises of August release'. And 'hopefully' is as good as a promise when it comes to business.

Just blindly defending a company harms it more than me being 'overly critical'. At least I say what I mean and not giving a false sense of accomplishment. Sales of the game could be much better but it's bogged down for poor programming foundations and lack of content. I'm a customer and I'm disappointed by their performance.

• Like 1

We have some big announcements coming soon but as a guideline (we learned this the hard way before) we try not to release anything right before a holiday weekend.  Being on call to make sure that nothing bad escaped into the wild makes for a terrible BBQ.

I mentioned way back when, Deck 4 would be August unless something happened to the schedule.  That something happened.

Trust me, the Owners wants Deck 4 out, the team really want Deck 4 out, and we know you guys really really want it out, and we are working on exactly that.

• Like 6

We have some big announcements coming soon but as a guideline (we learned this the hard way before) we try not to release anything right before a holiday weekend.  Being on call to make sure that nothing bad escaped into the wild makes for a terrible BBQ.

I mentioned way back when, Deck 4 would be August unless something happened to the schedule.  That something happened.

Trust me, the Owners wants Deck 4 out, the team really want Deck 4 out, and we know you guys really really want it out, and we are working on exactly that.

Hey, Flounder... it's past the holiday. You... uh... got any more of those... releases? ;)

I'd advise you to quit this game, and forget it ever existed.

Believe me, I **LOVED** this game before the latest patch.  But it's clear that the game developers simply do not prioritize fixing bugs, or delivering promised content.  Instead, they release garbage like a new UI that nobody asked for, and cosmetic garbage like dice skins.

I've accepted that this isn't a story of a rag-tag team of indie developers just trying to find their stride before they really start delivering content & bugfixes.  I've accepted that shoddy bug-laden releases and M.I.A. content are what we can expect in the future, because that's exactly what they've given us in the past.

I'm done with this game.  I'd invite you to do the same.  Because it's not going to get better.

• Like 1

I, for one, did want some changes to the UI.  I play on my phone, and much of the text was too small to read comfortably.  I really like the new zoom feature on the cards.  There are things I don't like about the new UI as well.  I don't understand why the location information is hidden behind a pull-out panel.  It is not like the panel covers anything important.

I do agree that it is disappointing that the AP's are slow to come out.  

I agree with Kent. It is ridiculous that Obs are releasing minor changes without the new content we paid for (for those who went for the bundle). I won't stop supporting and playing the game, but I'm no longer promoting it to other gaming geeks.

Man, Ob has a great game that could revolutionize the card game/board game transition to iPad here. I really think they could have made a ton of money on this app if they could keep gaming geeks like us happy. Gaming geeks have plenty of money to spend on games like this, but the delays are absolutely deadly.

• Like 1

Lots of bugs in the new release. Crashes bosses unplayable etc. there is no way deck 4 should be released until the current version is fixed. I like phone play but no new content for more then a quarter and breaking the tablet version seems a high price to pay. Many of your biggest supporters prepaid for content.

9th patch after AD3 was released and still no AD4. Shows you how '2 steps forward, 3 steps back' this game is - every patch they release creates more bugs for them to fix. More excuses for Obsidian to not release new content to those who like me who foolishly bought the full bundle on Day 1. I'm surprised the higher-ups haven't pulled the plug on this game. Releasing it on phones in its current state is going to expose more people to how poorly this game has been handled. More people will complain about more bugs which 'forces' the developers to focus on them before more content will be released. Seems like a never-ending cycle of disappointment.

9th patch after AD3 was released and still no AD4. Shows you how '2 steps forward, 3 steps back' this game is - every patch they release creates more bugs for them to fix. More excuses for Obsidian to not release new content to those who like me who foolishly bought the full bundle on Day 1. I'm surprised the higher-ups haven't pulled the plug on this game. Releasing it on phones in its current state is going to expose more people to how poorly this game has been handled. More people will complain about more bugs which 'forces' the developers to focus on them before more content will be released. Seems like a never-ending cycle of disappointment.

here's a crazy tin-foil hat level theory on why we're seeing more bugs than content.  The game is not making any money.  So the team will be dismissed once they deliver the content promised.  Thus if they manage to stretch out delivery of the remaining adventure decks for another 6 months, they have 6 months of job security.

Is this paranoid enough? :-)

• Like 1

PFID-F5D45B8AF20421AC