You can see Valia on the official map, it's south-west of Dyrwood. Otherwise there is a thread with an unofficial map based on real world geography (they evaluated where things should be based on both game lore and nature laws

Everybody knows the deal is rotten

Old Black Joe's still pickin' cotton

For your ribbons and bows

And everybody knows

You can see Valia on the official map, it's south-west of Dyrwood. Otherwise there is a thread with an unofficial map based on real world geography (they evaluated where things should be based on both game lore and nature laws

tsk tsk. Small details, right?

What you mentioned are Vailian Republics, an offshoot of a far greater power known as Old Vailia. Think of it as VR = Byzantium and OV = Rome. It's even mentioned in its(OV's) description within the game.

tsk tsk. Small details, right?

What you mentioned are Vailian Republics, an offshoot of a far greater power known as Old Vailia. Think of it as VR = Byzantium and OV = Rome. It's even mentioned in its(OV's) description within the game.

Ts ts... Even smaller Details, right? While Byzantium did indeed originate as East-Rome and the Bizantine People understood themselves as the Romans heirs, Byzantium is culturally heavily greek, not Roman. They even spoke Ancient Greek (rather than Latin).

Yes, that was absolutely necessary ;)

And everybody knows

The better example might be Ancient Greece and their Polis in (later) Persia around 500 BC

Still very necessary ;)

Although thinking about it, the best example might be Venice/Genua (is that how you spell them?) around 1300 due to these being "merchant's nations" (German historical term ("Händlernation") describing a Nation in which Merchants played a big role in society)

Edited by Ben No.3

And everybody knows

• 4 weeks later...

Near as I can figure based off the descriptions compiled in the Pillars of Eternity wikia, this is roughly what the world looks like.  The shapes are probably way off, but the general placement should be correct, along with the available origins of playable races.

8jnWdHJ.png

• Like 4

MOXeTiP.png

Many fall in the face of Chaos.

...but not this one.  Not today.

Near as I can figure based off the descriptions compiled in the Pillars of Eternity wikia, this is roughly what the world looks like.  The shapes are probably way off, but the general placement should be correct, along with the available origins of playable races.

How come the archipelago isn't an archipelago? :p

• Like 3

It would be of small avail to talk of magic in the air...

How come the archipelago isn't an archipelago? :p

The Eastern Reach is supposed to be be the size of Iberia.

I was mostly aiming to get the placement correct in my head, not the sizes and actual shapes. Honestly, when I made the map it was more to have a reference on where races generally came from.  It bugs me to make lore incorrect characters.  Like a Natlan from the White that Wends or an Enutanik from Rauatai. 

MOXeTiP.png

Many fall in the face of Chaos.

...but not this one.  Not today.

• 2 weeks later...

There are a few tidbits here and there that kind of suggest where other continents and nations are in respect to the Dyrwood. Including stuff from the guidebook, here are some tidbits I know of:

- Aedyr is tropical, roughly situated along Eora's equator.

- Natlan (sahvanna folk) originate 'just south of the equator, north of Readceras' (guidebook page 44) which means that Readceras, Dyrwood, the Valian Republics, all the places we see in game, are actually in Eora's southern hemisphere. That means Aedyr is northwest of the Dyrwood.

- I'm a bit iffy on the location of Old Valia, but that might be my reading comprehension failing me :p Going off the guidebook, they had settled both to the north and south of Eir Glanfath. Page 56 of the guidebook states "To the north,...[something about crop failure]" and "To the south, their former territories in the Valian Republics..." which initially made me think that Old Valia is NORTH of the Republics, but a post by J.E. Sawyer says "the crumbling island nations of Old Vailia sit thousands of miles to the southwest of their offshoot, the Vailian Republics." So for now I'm going with poor reading comprehension on my part (I thought the north/south in the book was comparing against Old Valia, when it might've been Eir Glanfath). Anyways, going with Word-of-God and settling for Old Valia being southwest of the Republics, likely fairly far south of Aedyr itself?

- Another note in regards to that Sawyer quote, refering to Old Valia as 'island nations' makes me think it was likely rather large geographically.

- We know that Deadfire Archipelago is directly south of the Eastern reach, and is pretty much a last frontier in terms of seafaring exploration heading east. As to what lays north of that, in regards to the landmass of the Eastern Reach, we don't really know. We know that mountain dwarves originate on the mainland to the east of Dyrwood, but not much as to how far that landmass stretches, or how hospitable it might be.

- The Ixamitil Plains are "northeast of Eir Glanfath". We know from dialog with Zauha that the place is vast, with many different peoples, so it's likely a sizable chunk of landmass.

- Rauatai sits on a "northeastern" continent, with the gulf of Rautai facing towards the west (pg 56).

- The Living Lands (all from pg 56 again) are a mountainous island far north of Aedyr. Much of the population lives in basins in the southern mountains. Also has isolated populations in the colder northern climates.

- It's probably safe to assume that the White That Wends is part of whatever landmass makes up the south pole of Eora, or at least is closest to it.

Following my last post, I made a vague collection of blobs I think might somewhat resemble the "known-world" of Eora. Obviously not to scale, and not meant to indicate climate/borders/whatever.

Poa2kPV.png

Few additional notes:

- Sagani mentions how it's not unusual for pale elves to winter in Naasitaq if the winter in the White are especially bad that year. That leads me to think that Deadfire is close enough to the landmass of the White for that trip to be considered fairly easily doable.

- It's mentioned that both Meadow Folk and Wood Elves originated north of Aedyr and migrated south, although it's not mentioned if they originated from a different landmass or further up the same continent.

- I probably screwed a lot up but I already flattened the layers and didn't bother keeping a working copy :p so meh I say

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...