Barl Breakbones Bug (3x to Defeat?)

Bajie

Question

Questmode Legendary Permadeath

On Rusty Dragon

Scenario Powers: Arrow Traps, Painful Memories and 2d4 Difficulty Modifier for Giants

Encountered Twice with Amiri and Ezren

Draw the Villain, AI modified difficulty

Roll Damage (i choose combat), succeed.

Villain discard a card and replenish my hand

Roll for second Damage, succeed

Villain then rerolls for difficulty again.

Out of weapons, and won't let me use blessings to assist roll.

Roll for damage and fail

2nd time around for Ezren

Same situation except because i have 3 lightning bolt in hand i succeeded on the third roll which then ended the scenario.

Shouldn't i just have rolled 2 combat damage than 3 to destroy him?

12 answers to this question

This is happening to me more frequently, but not every time. My party are all lvl 35. It has happenned with Ezren and Harsk most recently. I thought i was going nuts, then deciced to search the forum and here it is. A post on the same bug. Its really frustrating, upsets the plans leaving me forfietting when i didn't otherwise need to. Has it been logged and looked into?

Barl Breakbones 3 combat checks to defeat instead of 2

Galaxy Tab A

Android 6

Normal level quest mode

Party Harsk, Lini, Valeros, Seelah, Ezren

Edited by Fcknuckle67

Yeah, this happened to me too.  I think it only happens with the +1d4 or +2d4 difficulty to Giants wildcards.

Like OP stated, first check goes good.  After you do the 2nd check, it makes you do a 3rd combat check.  In this 3rd combat check it remembers all the card types everyone played - so a character can't play the same card type in this 3rd check if it played it in the 2nd one to assist.  Basically it treats the 2nd + 3rd combats as one skill check.

Definitely a bug that is causing a 3rd combat roll to be made.

Nightfind

• Like 1

+1

My situation was with Ezren and Sajan at the Throne Room (where Encountering Blessings does 2 unblockable damage). My scenario power was Giants +2D4, but my Wildcards were Retaliation and Painful Memories. I was able to succeed in all three rolls:

1) Ezren discarded Quarterstaff +2, played Toxic Cloud (the random discard was Toxic Cloud, though the effect stayed for the next Checks!)

2) Sajan Deathbane Light Crossbow +1, Blessings

3) Sajan DLC+1, Ezren cast Heat Metal, Blessings from other Characters (I think)

Just an FYI -- this bug is still a problem. Ezren fighting Barl Breakbones in Quest mode - beat him twice (threw everything party had at him on second fight) then pauses and requires a third battle (didn't have much left and lost). Don't remember location (although closing requirement was to banish a card). Seelah was in same location with him at the time of the battle.

Yeah, not all bugs got fixed in 1.1.4 (or 1.4.1 depending on which versioning you use) and unfortunately some more got added. The program manager doesn't seem to feel the need to address all significant bugs between fixes and is happy to let all those but the most massive ones ride, how they choose which to fix beats me, but there's bugs that have been around for build after build after build.

I think that Pediatron is right in here. It is update with less bugfixes in shorter time period or more bugfixes with longer time period between patches.

And IMHO it may be better to have 3 fixes out of 60 out in one month than wait 10 months to fix 30 bugs from 60... the end result is allmost the same, but in previous model you get some upgrades faster.

From previous patches it seems that most common and most game braking Are fixed first. Special cases later and some seems to stay guite long... for example the here comes the Flood was fixed to the next iteration, but some character based Are still there. Also if the dev can not cause the bug internally, it definitely is taking longer. It is very hard to fix something if you can not reproduce it. (Some device spesific bugs for example)

I think that Pediatron is right in here. It is update with less bugfixes in shorter time period or more bugfixes with longer time period between patches.

And IMHO it may be better to have 3 fixes out of 60 out in one month than wait 10 months to fix 30 bugs from 60... the end result is allmost the same, but in previous model you get some upgrades faster.

From previous patches it seems that most common and most game braking Are fixed first. Special cases later and some seems to stay guite long... for example the here comes the Flood was fixed to the next iteration, but some character based Are still there. Also if the dev can not cause the bug internally, it definitely is taking longer. It is very hard to fix something if you can not reproduce it. (Some device spesific bugs for example)

And my point is that with a high cadence of releases, they don't get given time to fix all the major bugs, while at the same time they are introducing new features that add bugs, or indeed (cf. BoGorum) are adding completely new bugs from scratch. The net count of bugs is not going down and we are very far away from ZBB!