Hi Guys,

So i have bought finally expansions for PoE and I would like to hear some recommendations/tips about game. I have completed base game with my monk char without a problem but I would like to hear what is new especially in terms of char builds. I am thinking about fighter as they seemed to me to be best class in base game but with those new cross class skills I would take any advise you can give. Currently my plan is to have strong front line char who can dish out at least decent damage with great sword. 

Thanks,

Chilloutman

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

The fighter is pretty good for the type of build you are looking for.

Just keep in mind that Dragon chant from the chanter and Sacred Immolation from the paladin do a lot more damage than a fighter will ever do and they are as sturdy as fighters and they don't really deal a lot less damage with the greatsword.

If you are looking for maximum weapon damage and are not interested in passive Aoes I can recommend a barbarian.

Barbarian talents for levels 14 and 16 are very cool as well. I mean... Dragon Leap is average but you could combo with Cipher or high level priest or a very unique mage build (where you swap into combat for AoE damage) maybe and it's situationally useful, i.e. you could use it to angle a good Overwhelming Wave or land on spellcasters. But Echoing Shout is complete destruction insanity if you get the right angle in the right room. Definitely fun at level 16.

Haven't tried it yet but Paladins get Sacred Immolation which sounds awesome and Healing Chain is probably just a useful talent.

But I still think Fighters have their own appeal, regardless of comparitive strength (the game isn't hard enough for it to matter tbh, even 4 party on PotD - there probably is some point when it does matter but you have a LOT of room to play before you even get there). Fighter might just seem slightly more boring to other people though, just has less flash.

• Like 1

Can't i have some of these skills as cross class skill on fighter as well?

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

There is actually a detailed guide outlining the kind of build you had in mind; a Fighter wielding around a great sword, dealing good damage while also being difficult to take down.

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/80748-class-build-lady-of-pain-high-speed-heavy-armored-dps-fighter/?p=1777363

The main selling points of Fighters though are their Deflection score, solid single target DPS and their very high accuracy. They're easy to play and have minimal micromanaging compared to other classes.

Can't i have some of these skills as cross class skill on fighter as well?

http://www.gamebanshee.com/pillarsofeternity/talents/whitemarch.php

Those are the only cross class talents in the game. Page is a little outdated though, all of them are per encounter now; none of them are per rest anymore.

• Like 1