Blackcloth Armor not reducing damage

firestormkirby

Question

4 answers to this question

Party: Lem, Amiri, Valeros, Sajan, Kyra

Story Mode: 3-2 Legendary (Impending Doom, Darkest Night)

I encountered the Shadow at the Guard Tower with Valeros. Lost combat by 2, Blackcloth armor could only be discarded for damage and could not be banished/buried to reduce damage to 0.

I hit the same thing today. Miserel had the armour and has light armor proficiency

------------------------------------------------------------

Playing with

iPad mini 4th Gen iOS 10.3.3

Primary party

MERISIAL, EZREN, LINI, SEELAH

Did you use the combat ability? If you did, it is not possible to use it again in the damage delivery phase.

This^. If you revealed the Blackcloth to add +1 to your check, this counts as you playing your 1 allowed Armor card on the check, so if you fail - you may not play another Armor. Therefore, even if you had another armor in your hand besides Blackcloth - you shouldn't be able to play that one either.

You can use the 'Mark Solved' button beneath a post that answers your topic or confirms it's not a bug.

The time that devs don't have to spend on the forum is a time they can spend on fixing the game.

Did you use the combat ability? If you did, it is not possible to use it again in the damage delivery phase.

This^. If you revealed the Blackcloth to add +1 to your check, this counts as you playing your 1 allowed Armor card on the check, so if you fail - you may not play another Armor. Therefore, even if you had another armor in your hand besides Blackcloth - you shouldn't be able to play that one either.

I want to say I didn't play the becasue I was mad about not using it (and then would only take 1 damage), but I also wasn't paying full attention to the game at the time. I'll try and test it later to verify.

EDIT: I must have revealed it (or another armor) for the bonus.

Edited by firestormkirby