I got a few new dice drops and they are in my vault. But the dice option in the character selection screen is still grayed out. Anyone else having this problem?

You have to add the characters to a party and then go to the dice selection screen to assign individual dice.

Anybody got a sense of drop rate on these?  I have purchased several chests since the patch and not sniffed any new dice.  I would prolly buy them from the store for a if they were there, but not sure I'm gonna keep dropping loot for a chance at random cosmetics.

Anybody got a sense of drop rate on these?  I have purchased several chests since the patch and not sniffed any new dice.  I would prolly buy them from the store for a if they were there, but not sure I'm gonna keep dropping loot for a chance at random cosmetics.

According to the devs, there should be about 50% chance of a single chest dropping a dice skin. I opened 20 chests and got 6 dice skins.

EDIT: Here's the quote:

Just for clarity a dice skin can take up a card slot.  The percentage of getting a skin (and you should only ever possibly get one in a single chest unless it is a bug) is roughly 50% for a single one of the four drop spots.  If a die does drop, it then goes through the RNG on which one it will be.  Without going into specific percentages I can say that some of those Legendary dice take legendary luck but there about three dozen different types of varying rarity available right now.

Edited by Vintsukka

• 2 months later...

FYI, If the option to sell the dice in the store were to be implemented (it probably will) we would still keep them in the treasure chests as a randomly dropped boon. 

I've assigned different colored dice to the characters in my party but they are all still showing the blue dice.  Anyone else have this problem?

I have this problem and starting tonight when I change the dice and press back the app crashes to the desktop, iPad.

Oh snap.  Looking into it now.

• Like 1

I have been finding it is around the 25% of chests open actually give dice.

That said if it is meant to be 50% to have at least one slot give a dice colour, then its only about 15% chance for any or the 4 possible slots to give a dice skin (presuming equal chances for each slot) to equate to about the 50% mark.

25% chance of finding a dice skin per treasure chest redeemed is right on average.  

Breaking the stats down even further..., Legendary Dice have a <1% chance per treasure redeemed.  

Compared to Legendary Cards, Legendary Dice are at least a dozen times rarer.  Good luck!  ;)

Edited by Ethics Gradient

25% chance of finding a dice skin per treasure chest redeemed is right on average.  

Breaking the stats down even further..., Legendary Dice have a <1% chance per treasure redeemed.  

Compared to Legendary Cards, Legendary Dice are at least a dozen times rarer.  Good luck!   ;)

Last time I checked though 25% is much lower than the 50% as mentioned by flounder.  Though for me that is OK as I don't have many of the cards yet, for others that have most of the bonus cards it could be an issue though.

Last time I checked though 25% is much lower than the 50% as mentioned by flounder.  Though for me that is OK as I don't have many of the cards yet, for others that have most of the bonus cards it could be an issue though.

If I recall correctly, the "50%" figure only came up when the devs were discussing the dice as a coming addition to the game.  There was a minor outcry that the number was too high, so it may have been reduced before launch.  It's been reliably 25% for a while.

My loose collections of data only really stretch back to 1.0.3.8, which is the patch immediately after dice skins were released.  I'm not very certain what dice frequency looked like the couple weeks during 1.0.3.7.