Resolving continuing issue the Quest Mode loading Story Save

Knafox

Question

Hello again,

Before 1.0.3.7 I was unable to load quest mode due to the issue where the Story mode would accidentally load. As stated in the patch notes:

• Quest Mode: A fix has been implemented for a rare issue that could make a story mode save load when trying to load quest mode.  This fix does not resolve existing issues with the saves. 

My issue is still existing. I have tried to reset this by deleting all saves and characters from both story and quest mode, as well as completely reinstalling the app it still does not work. I do no care about any of the characters, progression, or cards. I have spent money on unlocking more characters and adventures. The only thing I wish to persist is my store purchases (aka not making a brand new account). Is there any way I can fix this issue and save my purchases?

OS = Android 5.1.1, Device = Samsung GALAXY s5(unsupported), PFID= 2A7CE574C7EE3A08

Edited by Knafox

11 answers to this question

Hello again,

Before 1.0.3.7 I was unable to load quest mode due to the issue where the Story mode would accidentally load. As stated in the patch notes:

• Quest Mode: A fix has been implemented for a rare issue that could make a story mode save load when trying to load quest mode.  This fix does not resolve existing issues with the saves. 

My issue is still existing. I have tried to reset this by deleting all saves and characters from both story and quest mode, as well as completely reinstalling the app it still does not work. I do no care about any of the characters, progression, or cards. I have spent money on unlocking more characters and adventures. The only thing I wish to persist is my store purchases (aka not making a brand new account). Is there any way I can fix this issue and save my purchases?

OS = Android 5.1.1 Device = Samsung GALAXY s5

Isn't your device a phone?  Phones aren't supported yet.

Hmmm... Maybe you can try to remove all parties and all experienced characters and then remove and reinstall the game. The purhaces Are bound to your account, so They wount disappear. This does not however quarantee that the same bug will not reappear later. That needs real patch.

Kurtalb1 is right in that phones Are not supported, but They may work, there just is more things that can go wrong. But phone UI update is coming so at least it will make Gaming easier with phones.

Edited by Hannibal_PJV

Hello again,

I'm pretty sure the only reason phones are not supported is the UI layout. This bug has absolutely nothing to do with whether you're using a phone or a tablet. Android handles the save systems and load out the exact same way on both of them.

Unfortunately I am pretty sure the quest a story mode bug is linked to your Cloud save. Currently there is no way to retroactively fix it. But the dads have said that they are coming out with a fix to do so.

• Like 2

I'm pretty sure the only reason phones are not supported is the UI layout.

I did not know that phone were not supported until now.

Hmmm... Maybe you can try to remove all parties and all experienced characters and then remove and reinstall the game. 

I did try this it still does not work.

Unfortunately I am pretty sure the quest a story mode bug is linked to your Cloud save. Currently there is no way to retroactively fix it. But the dads have said that they are coming out with a fix to do so.

This is good news to me, at least they are working on it. It is unfortunate that this is a cloud issue but it make sense.  Since that is the case I am assuming that they will have to erase my saves. I have not been playing and waiting until this issue has been fixed. 

Hello again,

I'm pretty sure the only reason phones are not supported is the UI layout. This bug has absolutely nothing to do with whether you're using a phone or a tablet. Android handles the save systems and load out the exact same way on both of them.

That may very well be true, but there are too many people posting bug reports here the are using devices that the devs clearly stated were not supported (Google Play app description, first line beneath the screen shots "ONLY SUPPORTED FOR TABLETS").

Edited by kurtalb1

That may very well be true, but there are too many people posting bug reports here the are using devices that the devs clearly stated were not supported (Google Play app description, first line beneath the screen shots "ONLY SUPPORTED FOR TABLETS").

I am running both a Nexus 9 and Nexus 5x and I have encountered most the same bugs on both of the devices. There are a few bugs that I have only encountered on one or the other and the phone has no more bugs than the tablet. The biggest difference is the slight change in the UI, which both have their pros and cons. As I stated earlier there is no difference in handling tablet apps and phone apps on Android, besides UI differences due to the aspect ration or screen resolution. Obsidian did a good job soft coding the UI so the Phone UI is 95% the same as the tablet UI.

As Hannibal stated, some phones might not have the PHYSICAL resources to run the game well, but pretty much any phone within the past year and a half should be able to run the game with no problem considering the IPad 2 is supported and they will have better hardware than that.

• Like 1

Hey everyone,

So we fixed the issue in the patch, unfortunately the fix is not retroactive and we will have to delete the save on the cloud and you will have to uninstall/reinstall the game to get rid of the game data and prevent you from downloading or uploading the corrupt save.

So please email support@obsidian.net with your PFID# so we can go ahead and get that started. 

Sorry for the inconvenience. 

Hey everyone,

So we fixed the issue in the patch, unfortunately the fix is not retroactive and we will have to delete the save on the cloud and you will have to uninstall/reinstall the game to get rid of the game data and prevent you from downloading or uploading the corrupt save.

So please email support@obsidian.net with your PFID# so we can go ahead and get that started. 

Sorry for the inconvenience. 

Ugh.

Can we get some kind of character editor, or the choice to just create a Quest mode character of a certain level (and have the option to apply all unapplied level bonuses)?

This is the SECOND time that I've had to reset high level Quest characters (level 25+) characters because of some bug, and the THIRD time I've had to start Quest Mode characters from level 1:

1) One character dies, but rest of party completes mission.

2) This bug, that somehow loads story mode saves into Quest Mode

3) If I decide to do so, I would start new Quest Mode characters today;  possibly to get reset again in the future because of some bug.

As much as I love your guys' game, I'm really f**king tired of restarting my Quest Mode characters from scratch because of a software bug on your end.  I've dumped dozens and dozens of hours into that task already.  And at this point, I've just about given up on Quest Mode, because it takes SO friggin long to get up to level 30 (where you get your Class Specialization, and get to unlock Tier 3 cards).  And in all likelihood (given past experience), I will need to reset THOSE characters as well;  especially since there are so many outstanding bugs** that need to get resolved.

Can we get some kind of character editor, or the choice to just create a Quest mode character of a certain level (and have the option to apply all unapplied level bonuses)?  Even as a one-time or limited-time-window option after the release of a new patch that requires resetting characters?

Edited by kent1146