God inspirations

Anyone thinks that the only god actually interested in helping kiths is wael ( and abbydon of course)? In the end is the only one that helps you with visions and doesn't ask anything to be pleased

Well... Wael too can be... difficult at times as well. Remember the quest with the scroll? He deliberately encourages chaos among his followers "for teh lulz" essentially. Granted, not as harmful as Woedica's eternal grudges and "my way or the highway" kind of petulant attitude, but I wouldn't call him benevolent either. Interestingly, perhaps Eothas was the only one with altruistic intentions but his actions ended up causing more harm than good.

Iovara says at Sun in Shadow that "An ideal on it's own is a grotesque and vicious thing."  and her argument has some merit when looking at the Eoran pantheon.

Edited by Copperbeard
  • Like 4

Anyone thinks that the only god actually interested in helping kiths is wael ( and abbydon of course)? In the end is the only one that helps you with visions and doesn't ask anything to be pleased

Well... Wael too can be... difficult at times as well. Remember the quest with the scroll? He deliberately encourages chaos among his followers "for teh lulz" essentially.

The way I always understood this quest is that Wael wanted the spread of knowledge rather than the collection. His priests were collecting knowledge and trying to understand wael through that process. But wael wants his followers to basically randomly stumble across his secrets; which makes sense when you think about it: it is not the nature of secrets to be collected in one place, but to be hidden. Wael is just stopping priests who misunderstood his nature

• Like 2

Everybody knows the deal is rotten

Old Black Joe's still pickin' cotton

For your ribbons and bows

And everybody knows

Well... Wael too can be... difficult at times as well. Remember the quest with the scroll? He deliberately encourages chaos among his followers "for teh lulz" essentially. Granted, not as harmful as Woedica's eternal grudges and "my way or the highway" kind of petulant attitude, but I wouldn't call him benevolent either. Interestingly, perhaps Eothas was the only one with altruistic intentions but his actions ended up causing more harm than good.

Iovara says at Sun in Shadow that "An ideal on it's own is a grotesque and vicious thing."  and her argument has some merit when looking at the Eoran pantheon.

Something tells me that the Lead Writer isn't too fond of Religion. Idk why. Just an impression from the game. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Something tells me that the Lead Writer isn't too fond of Religion. Idk why. Just an impression from the game. ;)

I wouldn't say that. Edér is a very positive example of a religious person.

• 2 weeks later...

Skaen is basically Loki, especially Marvel version. He is not to be trusted and the only thing you can expect from him is violence and treachery. Causes don't matter. It's good to ignorant vs some things.

Skaen isn't really even much like Marvel's Loki.  Loki is resentful but he's still a trickster first and foremost, and Skaen isn't really a trickster (Wael is, particularly in the mould of Anansi who was also the god of knowledge and stories as well as a trickster).

Skaen's closest classical analogues are probably some aspects of Eris (greek goddess of strife and discord) and her children.

Really though, the best inspiration is "pantheons in general", as a common feature of polytheisms is that the gods tend to be mortals writ large, with the same vices and virtues.  If Greek dramatists are to be believed, 75% of the strife in the classical world occurs because Zeus cannot keep it in his toga.