Hi guys, I'm going to start a new game on POTD with a trio party.

I've decided that I want 2 meele pallys (1 of them is my main character) on the team and I'd love to maximize their synergy.

How can I achieve this?

I have some ideas :

one pally with Zealous Endurance and the other one with Zealous Focus to complement each other.

Maybe one of them should use the Outworn Buckler to increase all defenses

Can you help me with attributes and orders?

my third man will be a ranger with a wolf since the pet can benefit from the pallys' auras.

Just a few ideas:

They can cast Reinforcing Exhortations on each other (doesn't work on self). If you get the small shield Little Savior then also use it. It stacks with Outworn Buckler for a nice +10 bonus to all defenses. If you take two marking weapons (like Shame & Glory sword and a custom made Cladhaliath spear) and take Coordinated Attacks they can both buff a teammate's ACC by +20 just by attacking the same target as the teammate does.

Of course both should use Sacred Immolation later on. It not only damages the pally a bit but also heals teammates - which means that the raw self damaging part of one Sacred Immolation is healed by the other Sacred Immolation.

A Kind Wayfarer can heal when using FoD and killing stuff. When a Wayfarer takes Inspiring Triumph he can even give additional defenses (+7) on top of the healing. If you make him a Moon Godlike he can even heal the party when he gets hurt. I can't say if those deflection buffs stack if you have 2 paladins. 

A Shieldbearer can raise deflection by using Lay on Hands and FoD. When also using Inspiring Triumph then +7 comes on top when killing things with FoD. Again I don't know if the deflection bonuses of two Shieldbearers do stack.

Another nice combination can be a Shieldbearer + a Bleak Walker: The Shieldbearer raises deflection while the Bleak Walker kills stuff and frightens enemies after every kill and uses Insp. Triumph. This is like having an additional +17 to all defenses because fear reduces enemies' ACC by 10 and Insp. Triumph will give a +7 bonus.

Sworn Enemy + Coordinatied Attacks + Marking Weapon + 2 times Darcozzi Paladini's Inspiring Liberation can give your two paladins +45 ACC against a certain target (and +30 for your ranger and pet). This works extremely well with Mind Control (Enigma's Charm, Munacra Arret headgear, Ring of Chaneging Heart and so on). Most of those spells have +10 ACC anyway, letting you crit with your charm or dominate spell.

Other things that are great with this is FoD (+20  ACC on top for a +65 ACC attack) or any other spell (from scrolls or items). 

Both should take Scion of Flame for Sacred Immolation as well as for FoD and Intense Flames. Raises FoD damage a lot.

That's all that comes to my mind right now.

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Another nice combination can be a Shieldbearer + a Bleak Walker: The Shieldbearer raises deflection while the Bleak Walker kills stuff and frightens enemies after every kill and uses Insp. Triumph. This is like having an additional +17 to all defenses because fear reduces enemies' ACC by 10 and Insp. Triumph will give a +7 bonus.

I think I'll go with this approach since I like to play evil and bleak walker order fits that.

I'm thinking about 2 hearth orlans to increase hit to crit rate to each other. The Minor Threat ability also applies to ranger's pet?

Edited by id3a

The damage from Sacred Immolation works with Aegis of Loyalty, so if they both have both then they'll basically be immune to charm, dominate, etc.

That's great because I'll play without a priest to suppress afflictions.

Yes, marking, Coordinated Attacks and also Minor Threat work with the animal companion. It works like a regular character except it has no health but only endurance - which is a big advantage.

What can also be a good combo: Goldpact's Enduring Flames leaves a burning DoT effect when the paladin uses FoD. This will trigger Predator's Sense of the pet. This can also be done by Wounding Shot, Envenomed Strike (which I recommend for the char with the highest MIG and INT) as well as by Persistence (hunting bow), Drawn in Spring (dagger) and Tidefall (great sword). And scolls like Insect Swarm also work. Other than that your party has no DoT effect that can trigger Predator's Sense, but I think that can be enough for most fights.

By the way: supporting the animal companion with heals, revives and buffs is a good way to prevent a lot of rests. Reinforcing Exhortation is nice on a pet, so is even more deflection from a Shieldbearer and more healing from a Kind Wayfarer. The fear from a Bleak Walker also helps. Zealous Endurance is also not bad. This all can prevent you pet from going down while it tanks a bit. Normally animal companions go down quickly when targeted - but if you spam enough healing and raise defenses and DR enough it can be a very good tank. It doesn't matter if it gets damaged as long as you can balance the damage out with healing. Because the pet has no health it can be healed forever without going down. Even the ranger has healing and reviving abilitites for the pet. 

Concerning Bleak Walkers: Envenomed Strike fits perfectly well for a Bleak Walker I'd say. ;) With his corrosive FoD talent he's also the paladin with the highest direct damage per FoD. An arquebus shot that crits with high MIG, superb (or even legendary), burning lash, Cloak of the Frozen Hunt, Sworn Enemy, FoD+Intense Flames+Remember Rhakan Field+Scion of Flame is really devastating. Another approach which is fun is taking the above plus Savage Attack but using Bittercut instead of guns, duplicate with Helwax Mold and dual wield it. One with burning lash, the other with corrosive lash, then take Scion of Flame AND Spirit of Decay and skip guns altogether. The FoD full attack of a Bleak Walker with dual Bittercut and both elemental boosters is also great. No switching needed - takes away a bit of micro. But of course this means that you're less tanky.