What are you playing right now

Rosbjerg

Last CoD I played was Modern Warfare, but unless you're a real CoDephile, it seems to me that you could get two games for the price of the one and getting a remake of a game you've already played, even if you enjoyed it, seems unequal as a payoff.

Damn it, man!  Beat me to the punch.

Edited by quidproquo
  • Like 1

As a bear in winter, so must I too hibernate soon.

Death Road to Canada. I believe it's the first zombie game I've ever bought. I hate the zombie apocalypse genre, but I couldn't resist the novelty of the Oregon Trail-esque gameplay (never mind the fact that as a non-American I've never played Oregon Trail and only became aware of it in the last few years).

Prior to playing it I'd watched several (failed) runs on YouTube so I knew what I was getting into, and some basic strategies. Regardless of that though, I'm one failed run in, and in the process of failing another. In my defense, I blame the somewhat floaty movement and iffy directional attacks for most of my deaths thus far, the only one that happened via event being for failing to lift a log (and presumably being crushed by it).

Advice given by the game itself and the Internet at large probably isn't working as well for as as the times I play in my habitually methodical way, which in this case involves attempting to kill every single zombie in the vicinity before exploring and looting. It's probably not the intended way to play the game, won't work for some maps and would become tedious rather quickly without taking breaks, but I've managed to get 50 units of food from one map by employing this strategy, more than I've seen anyone have at any one time in any of the runs I've watched.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

Apparently, the best way of resolving traffic issues in Cities: Skylines is to make driving a living hell for your residents. "So, you want to get to your neighbour over there across the street using your car? Whelp, better pack some food 'cause you're in for one hell of a ride! Or you can just use the overpass over there and walk."

Apparently story DLC for Mankind Divided (part of my digital deluxe edition) will drop on the 23rd of this month, with the next one in 2017. At least I can move the game off my SSD for at least a few months until that next story DLC comes after I finish that first one.

I noticed I had a 'Jensen story' somehow, pretty sure I got the regular editon. Tried playing and lost interest immediately. Anyway if it's just that type of standalone chapter, like the DLC from Human revolution, I'm not interested at all.

Stop messing with my augs and my inventory every time I have to play a DLC. Take your cue from how far I am in the main story and set the difficulty from that instead. Or make a new hub area and make me care about that. No good reason to remove it from the main story at all except I think it was supposed to have been a pre order bonus.

That's not really a good reason either.

I think the dlc is all supposed to take place after the main game, so it's a bit more forgivable than the last time.

I just started up DX:HR again for comparison and wow, the graphical difference to MD is quite big. MD still gives the same feel, but looks *a lot* better. The other thing I've noticed so far - lots of casual terminal stuff is actually NOT behind a hacking minigame. I don't get why they had to force this stupid minigame on everything in MD. Did they really loved it so much in HR? ...

Oh, and there seems to be more dialogue in HR. Or lets say, it feels a bit more complex or something.

/Edit: And I like that in HR you *can not* open every damn container around you. Gives much less inventory clutter.

IIRC dxhr frontloads the dialogue to the detroit hub and its pretty much gone for the second half. That said, if you refuse to use multitools, there is too much of the hacking minigame,

Edited by Nepenthe

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

the thing we hate most 'bout geralt is that am pretty certain that we woulda' thought he were the kewlest character evar.... back when we were thirteen or fourteen.  the witchers is written as if to mock our pretentious teenage self, and geralt is the embodiment o' the cartoony grimdark protagonist we no doubt woulda' mistaken applauded as authentic and nuanced.

*groan*

am suspecting that we dislike geralt so much 'cause the character reminds us o' a Gromnir we would just as soon pretend never existed.

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 4

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

I'll vote Geralt the worst because I tried to read the books. When I see them on bookstore shelves I still get shivers. Not the good kind of shivers.

This happened with me with the Dragonlance novels.  Horrible.  Loved the SSI games and side material used for games, tho.  I even liked the back story and campaign setting back then.  Just couldn't abide the books.

I've only played the first witcher game.  It wasn't terrible, but not good enough that I've purchased any of the others.  One of those titles that I see and think about buying for half a second and then shrug and go on to other things.

So in Mordheim every critical hit gives an Open Wound debuff until end of the mission, which reduces Weapon Skill and Ballistic Skill.

Butal difficulty Walk in the Fog scenario - in which both warbands are spread out in a long line. I decided right away to abandon the secondary objective (collect 13 wyrdstones) and to rush everyone to my east flank, where my Executioner would advance  towards the enemy, supported by my Templar. Of course when they made contact, it was with the enemy Matriarch and Maiden of Sigmar. I had hoped one of them would have deployed on the far side. In retrospect I should have remembered where the impressive deployment spots are for the reverse setup.

I charged with the Executioner, to stop the Maiden from assisting the Matriarch, engaged with my Captain and Flagellants. They exchanged a couple of hits, then my Executioner crit and stunned her. Crit again. The Templar crit, the Witch Hunter crit. When the Maiden got back to her feet, her to-hit chance was down to 19%. Sometimes you get lucky. Sometimes you get stupendously lucky.

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Cheers, you witch hunter bastard!  Failed on the first campaign mission in my game.  Didn't lose any of the band.  Already did over half the scenario requirements.  What happened?  missed on two 95% attacks in a row, then three 72-85% attacks in a row and the rat bastard impressive had my vital character, the man who's the merc Bertha, going ass over **** down into the sewage.  Good news is that the lead doesn't ever take permanent injuries far as I kin and none of my people went down.  So it's just starting again when I want.  Waiting for the caster to have something worth a damn before I start again.

I'll vote Geralt the worst because I tried to read the books. When I see them on bookstore shelves I still get shivers. Not the good kind of shivers.

I'm not entirely sure about their English translation, but Witcher books are actually pretty good if you're willing to reawaken your inner teenage angst. ... And boy oh boy, those books are filled with angst, especially short stories. They're pretty good at what they want to do given the target audience tho and the base narrative is actually quite good, especially if then followed by games.

Apparently, the best way of resolving traffic issues in Cities: Skylines is to make driving a living hell for your residents. "So, you want to get to your neighbour over there across the street using your car? Whelp, better pack some food 'cause you're in for one hell of a ride! Or you can just use the overpass over there and walk."

Ah, it's the Belgian way to "solving" traffic issues.

So in Mordheim every critical hit gives an Open Wound debuff until end of the mission, which reduces Weapon Skill and Ballistic Skill.

Butal difficulty Walk in the Fog scenario - in which both warbands are spread out in a long line. I decided right away to abandon the secondary objective (collect 13 wyrdstones) and to rush everyone to my east flank, where my Executioner would advance  towards the enemy, supported by my Templar. Of course when they made contact, it was with the enemy Matriarch and Maiden of Sigmar. I had hoped one of them would have deployed on the far side. In retrospect I should have remembered where the impressive deployment spots are for the reverse setup.

I charged with the Executioner, to stop the Maiden from assisting the Matriarch, engaged with my Captain and Flagellants. They exchanged a couple of hits, then my Executioner crit and stunned her. Crit again. The Templar crit, the Witch Hunter crit. When the Maiden got back to her feet, her to-hit chance was down to 19%. Sometimes you get lucky. Sometimes you get stupendously lucky.

Yeah, it's kinda nice that enemy Maidens don't tend to be too stun proof...started working on that for mine ;)

• Like 2

Ni No Kuni. My old save file says that it was 3 years ago last I played it. Crazy!

I still don't like the combat much, but almost everything else is great. One more thing that annoys me is that they tell you what you need to do like 600 times. I might be stupid but not THAT stupid.

• Like 1

Jensen's the best gravelly voiced protagonist based on the simple fact that it's actually his VOs voice, and not some dude trying to sound gravelly voiced...

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif