Quest Characters not getting level rewards

Jaxom Faux

Question

Had to replace my phone and reinstalled pathfinder as of the newest version, my story characters seem ok, but my quest characters are gone. Started a new set of quest characters and found that i'm not getting my level based rewards after each quest.

Ideas?

I felt the same way you did -- had stopped playing quest completely since I was on the verge of leveling up for a feat reward I didn't want to miss. The forfeit during game does at least prevent this problem. It means you don't get any experience for defeating any banes that time, but your characters don't level up and don't miss out on rewards. You just continue to play until you beat the villian and only keep those games (when you have a feat reward approaching). I at least am back to playing with my now level 26 characters -- no more rewards worth having til level 30!

Does anyone have any idea if a character that this happened to is permanently screwed or would a fix retroactively return the skill? Unfortunately, I accidentally did this to one of my most high level characters and I would really prefer not to have to relevel my Seelah.

Does anyone have any idea if a character that this happened to is permanently screwed or would a fix retroactively return the skill? Unfortunately, I accidentally did this to one of my most high level characters and I would really prefer not to have to relevel my Seelah.

I sent my information off to Aarik.  He said the fix will not be retroactive.  Basically the three different groups I'm running (11 characters total - Meriseil & Kyra, the rest of the ladies, all the men) I'll have to start them all over at level 1 again.  I've missed several big rewards (card, power and skill).  I also haven't won a quest since this bug happened.  I keep running out of time.

Seriously? OMG this would be the third time that I've had to restart Kyra and Seelah from scratch (and they are level 22 at the moment!). I had a patch reinstall mean that I lost my Quest characters, I had the locked Quest character bug and now this! All of these issue purely due to the App, rather than anything I've done. Great. Oh, and I have a problem with Quest mode across devices - characters seem to get out of sync (but not all characters), so now I've realised it, I daren't use multiple devices for the same character. :(

The big problem with tablets is that the game stays in the backround if you don't completely close it and when you start playing with another device, the other is still open in the backround of another device and that can cause big havok...

One another problem is that the game sometimes lose Connection to game server (the is no player id in the settings screen) and that Also cause sync problems. But seem that those Are not so serious as the previous ones in above.

I am not sure, but could it be possible to include somekind of check, if the same account is allready Connected in, so that the user can force disconnect that previous Connection?

That's not dissimilar to me. In the end, I just accepted that my locked characters are gone forever and started a new set of parties to re-level them. It's more fun than I thought it would be, but I'm spicing it up by buying 10-packs of treasure every 4500 gold (I don't do treasure in story mode). Reminds me of my days playing World of Warcraft!

Happening to me as well. Gonna restart the characters and try the forfeiting before you lose method suggested above, tho it is still painful to miss out on that experience :(

From what I remember, failing the quest did not previously award XP. So the forfeit is the same as losing (running out of time) used to be. The change that happened, and what is causing the problem is that the game is awarding XP when it shouldn't be, and subsequently isn't going to the reward for the levels gained from that ill-gotten XP.

• Like 1

Happening to me as well. Gonna restart the characters and try the forfeiting before you lose method suggested above, tho it is still painful to miss out on that experience :(

From what I remember, failing the quest did not previously award XP. So the forfeit is the same as losing (running out of time) used to be. The change that happened, and what is causing the problem is that the game is awarding XP when it shouldn't be, and subsequently isn't going to the reward for the levels gained from that ill-gotten XP.

You are absolutely correct. It's all about the incorrectly awarded experience.

Any information if forfeit helps if you lose the scenario or not? It is one thing to wait the patch and another just forfeit if you run out of time or something similar... Just wondering.

If you Forfeit, you lose the experience but retain any Boons that you have gained, which means that you don't miss out on Advancement Rewards (because you didn't get any experience, you didn't earn any ARs). Whereas if you lose the scenario or run out of time you will gain the experience but miss out on Advancement Rewards.

This situation sucks big time. I've just missed out on the level 5 ARs for 3 characters that I've had to restart multiple times due to other PACG bugs. Now I'll have to scrap these characters and start again, losing all the gear that I collected while I was repeatedly Forfeiting games to avoid missing ARs for levels 1-4. All that work wasted because I unexpectedly lost on the scenario that should have given my that important first Power Feat.

I don't know if the Devs are still paying attention to this thread but it's really, really important that they build a tool that fixes this issue retrospectively. Too many players are missing out on rewards that they should be getting. It should be a trivial matter to compare the number of actual Feats present on the Character vs. the number that should be there due to Character level. A simple flag to offer the missing Feats could be set to trigger the Feats Reward on the next Scenario played. It really shouldn't be hard to do.

Edited by mccrispy

Forfeiting doesn't make you lose gears. You still go to that screen regardless. So if you want avoid missing level boon just quit before the blessing deck end.

really, really important that they build a tool that fixes this issue retrospectively

I don't know if that would fix the issue since it save local and could open another issue where someone can use  it to change their character in another way. (fix stat they didn't like)

Edited by Archangelrey

Still wait for Patch 1.0.3.7 Banana Bundle :getlost:

This bug makes playing quest mode completely pointless, As I'm sure most people don't win every scenario they play. Fix needs to come out ASAP. It really should apply to existing characters as well because who wants to start completely over? Was there no regression testing done on the previous patch?

Well I have win the last 20 or so quest mode scenarios. The last lost was due the time, when boas where the hensmans. So it all depends...

But I really am avoiding the change of lose. So fast forward as fast as possible. No boon hunting or anything special at this moment. So the bugs Are definitely affecting my playing Style.

Forfeiting doesn't make you lose gears. You still go to that screen regardless. So if you want avoid missing level boon just quit before the blessing deck end.

really, really important that they build a tool that fixes this issue retrospectively

I don't know if that would fix the issue since it save local and could open another issue where someone can use  it to change their character in another way. (fix stat they didn't like)

A character editor isn't necessary for a retrospective fix! All that is needed is for the normal Reward screen to check whether a character has the right Feats for its level and offer them as a Reward if it hasn't. This code could run every time a Scenario finishes and would quickly fix every Character. It shouldn't be hard to do and requires no input or editing by the user, the user just selected the Reward.

A character editor isn't necessary for a retrospective fix! All that is needed is for the normal Reward screen to check whether a character has the right Feats for its level and offer them as a Reward if it hasn't. This code could run every time a Scenario finishes and would quickly fix every Character. It shouldn't be hard to do and requires no input or editing by the user, the user just selected the Reward.

A character editor isn't necessary, but it is the most straightforward way to solve retroactive problems.  It's probably easier to start with a "level 0" template and cycle through the feat rewards based on XP or completed adventures than it is to examine the character for defects.

As it is, I don't think the game actually "knows" how many feats have been added.  It just modifies the stat and goes on its merry way.  You'd need to do a baseline comparison to a starting character to get an idea of what's been added before figuring out what's missing.

An editor for a tablet game for Android/ios is not a great idea.. Too many different type of corruption are possible, data could be unreadable... Then they will stay for an other year to fix the editor ... And if you can freely set the characters sheets, we will have an explosion of instant lvl 40 ...

And there is a lot of work behind that utility (for win+mac ?).. and you have to maintain it updated every times there are changes in data structures with retro compatibility.

Instead, an in-game check and re-enable the character power-up interface is much more safe and quite fast with few lines of new code. You could launch it at the login and, if checks fail, fix missed elements one by one... once for all.

Also all these issues are connected to the last patch... so the fastest solution is to undone the Quest modified code.

Also.. I'd like deeply to complete Story campaign in 2016... an expansion for month was a good dream two months ago...