Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Some Thoughts on Daily Challenge...

Daily Challenge Suggestion

• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

Bajie

Bajie

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 155 posts

3 encounters are more than an hour ...probably more than 1h30m for many players... quite long for me. So you have to distribute the bonus income over a long period with a base reduced speed. My average time for a scenario is 20-25 min with a 6-party for gold collection mate. It isn't worth for me in any possible challenge.

But i thought gold is not a priority for you and you just want to be able to complete the quest efficiently, why compare bonus income now for the same length of time if your playing for the one challenge or just playing 3 scenario.

For fast complete on evade, get merisiel, find a scenario with watchtower, evade the henchmen every start of turn.

RedPred

RedPred

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 424 posts

evade and put on top... 30 times in one scenario ... if Meri is soloing she has 30 rounds... with maybe 9 extra draw using ally+blessing so 39 total draw ... and you closed a scenario in 30 turns ... 3 location with 30 evade... 9 free single exploration to close 3 locations!?? I want to see, really...

if not soloing .... 15 round max + 9 extra draw = 24...

But perhaps you used healing staff to recycle a couple of blessing and ally per turn playing with a short hand... I want to see anyway because then you closed 3 locations in legendary....

legendary bonus in soloing is quite low then...

But one thing is true, you can play the game your way and evade and put on top 30 times in a row a card!

I like to play in the 'classic' way... Legendary 6-party bonus trying to close everything in 20 minutes.... I m an old man... 

Edited by RedPred, 18 August 2016 - 09:42 AM.

Ripe

Ripe

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 211 posts

evade and put on top... 30 times in one scenario ... if Meri is soloing she has 30 rounds... with maybe 9 extra draw using ally+blessing so 39 total draw ... and you closed a scenario in 30 turns ... 3 location with 30 evade... 9 free single exploration to close 3 locations!?? I want to see, really...

if not soloing .... 15 round max + 9 extra draw = 24...

But perhaps you used healing staff to recycle a couple of blessing and ally per turn playing with a short hand... I want to see anyway because then you closed 3 locations in legendary....

legendary bonus in soloing is quite low then...

But one thing is true, you can play the game your way and evade and put on top 30 times in a row a card!

I like to play in the 'classic' way... Legendary 6-party bonus trying to close everything in 20 minutes.... I m an old man... 

You're forgetting about General Store and it's ability where you get an extra explore IF you encounter anything other then weapon, armor or item... meaning that you can get 30 evades in ONE ROUND!

Like I said, easy to do if you know what you're doing...

• Hannibal_PJV likes this

Bajie

Bajie

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 155 posts
Yeah, the general store works and for some reason the watchtower doesn't. Like we keep saying you just need some preparation.. If you want to make it like HS, you still need to atleast down 3 scenario as the average quest there is defeat using N 3x.

Honest question: if we get to stack daily challenges up to 3x but can only be rewarded gold if you complete 1 24hrs after it is gotten, would you guys have a problem with that?

RedPred

RedPred

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 424 posts

Ok. You win. My bad memory killed me!

Anyway you spent minutes to draw, evade and redraw the same card 30 times in a row for some extra gold... and I m really too old to do that...

Edited by RedPred, 18 August 2016 - 10:12 AM.

Ripe

Ripe

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 211 posts

Ok. You win. My bad memory killed me!

Anyway you spent minutes to draw, evade and redraw the same card 30 times in a row for some extra gold... and I m really too old to do that...

Wow... you came here complaining about Daily challenges being "too time-comsuming" and "hard" to complete for someone with limited time to play. Now that you were clearly shown how that is not true and how you can complete a challenge in mere minutes you complain about the way the challenge is completed.

I guess it's true you just can't satisfy some people...

• PinkRose likes this

wakasm

wakasm

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 111 posts
  • Steam:wakasm
  • PSN Portable ID:wakasm
  • Xbox Gamertag:wakasm

Nice try... a failed one but still nice.

Yes, DAILY crosswords/Sudoku don't disappear the next day and you can still solve them but if they are also tied to some reward you MUST complete them that same day or you're not eligible for reward.

Also, we're talking about Daily CHALLENGE... with challenge being completing the task inside 24 hours.

With that being said, none of the challenges given out so far take longer than 30 minutes to complete if you meet the prerequisite for it (unlocked character/scenario). Hell, the last one, evading banes could be done in under 5 minutes!

Failed at what? I failed at nothing. 

The challenge is the thing you are doing.  The daily is the frequency of which it opens up.  There is nothing implied about it's length to accomplish that adds or subtracts to the challenge difficulty itself.  You even say it yourself... the challenges themselves take up to 5 minutes (and I agree, most are super easy).  The length of time it's accessible has nothing to do with it's difficulty to do, only accessibility to do them.  

The only suggestion that is being put on the table by me is to open up the accessibility of said challenges like other popular games do.  That's it.  Instead of requiring us to log into the app 7 times in a week, let us log into the app 2-3 times in a week.  Let me queue up a few quests and get them done in my hour of playtime, instead of forcing 5 minute chunks.  It'll take the same amount of time either way. 

So fracking relax with saying I'm right or wrong, or that I've failed.  It's a suggestion, and one that I think would BETTER the game (which we all want).  and is one which is seen in MANY other games.  Respecting a person's free time goes a long way. 

Again, FOR EXAMPLE, other games solve this easily by giving you buffer time to enact said daily challenges. 

Hearthstone - Daily Quests - 72 Hours 

Clash Royale - Daily Chest - 48 Hours

World of Warcraft - Daily Quests - 7 Days of doing many different dailies to hit max points

Daily Crosswords - You have forever to do them

I can add about 20+ more popular games/items to this list. 

Just because you have a single interpretation of what "challenging" is, doesn't mean that there aren't others.  

People trivializing a suggestion to make the game better and more accessible to others are just being defensive to good game design for no reason.  It doesn't affect you.  It doesn't make your ability to log in every day and do them in 5 minutes any less possible.  But for those who it matters to, it makes a better game. 

So when a Doctor do his daily rounds, he can..you know..just do it tomorrow? Or just check out tomorrow the Daily weather for today because it will not be irrelevant for tomorrow.

And again, using stuff that's not even relevant.  

Do we not understand that there are MULTIPLE definitions of many words, especially in conjunction with other words AND context to how they are being used? Do I now have to explain every combination in existence when I merely proved examples that the version of DAILY quest/challenge/task/bonus/etc exists in many places that people were trying to say doesn't exist or is not a possibiltiy?

No one is refuting that there exists cases where daily can be strict to an exact 24 hour period.  Even in Pathfinder, we have the DAILY GOLD option.  That one makes 100% sense since it's not tied to gameplay, and they are giving the reward for coming back every day.  

And even in your doctor instance, the DAILY has to do with the FREQUENCY.  IF the value of the frequency only matters in it's context then no, a Doctor can't just wait and do it tomorrow, because in that context, the whole point of the daily rounds is to make sure something is being done every day.  

There is no value like that in these challenges.  It's a single player game.  They could literally have released 31 challenges listed all out for you to attempt at and time and the difficulty of these challenges would remain the same, and the time spent doing them would remain the same.  Obviously Devs made it DAILY to get people back in the game.   There is nothing wrong with asking for a compromise to make it a bit more flexible for some.  

If the game had leaderboards tied to the challenges, then it ***might*** matter, but even then, the only part that matters there is that all players have access to the same rules, so if it was a flat 24 hour period, or a queuable quest system that allows some buffer like 72 hours, as long as all players had access to the same thing, it would be fair either way. 

Edited by wakasm, 18 August 2016 - 12:28 PM.

• dbt and Ethics Gradient like this

Ripe

Ripe

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 211 posts

The only suggestion that is being put on the table by me is to open up the accessibility of said challenges like other popular games do.  That's it.  Instead of requiring us to log into the app 7 times in a week, let us log into the app 2-3 times in a week.  Let me queue up a few quests and get them done in my hour of playtime, instead of forcing 5 minute chunks.  It'll take the same amount of time either way. 

So fracking relax with saying I'm right or wrong, or that I've failed.  It's a suggestion, and one that I think would BETTER the game (which we all want).  and is one which is seen in MANY other games.  Respecting a person's free time goes a long way. 

But you keep failing to answer WHY should you be allowed to complete a Daily Challenge over the course of several days... the fact that other games do it is not much of a reason. And I could care less about how they handle their "Daily challenge"...

You're right, it's a suggestion and it's only your opinion that prolonging the time you can complete a challenge would make the game better. In my opinion it would make getting the gold way too easy when the whole reason they changed the way Story mode give gold was to make gold farming harder!

Now if they prolong the time you can complete a "Daily Challenge" but with diminished rewards (you get 100% if you complete it in first 24 hours, 50% if completed in 48 hours, 25% if completed in 72 hours) then that is another story but prolonging a time while granting a same reward is punishing players who play each day and promptly complete these, rather easy challenges.

Bajie

Bajie

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 155 posts
Why do you keep on dismissing that Daily also means the length of time it is need to be DONE within the day? It is how it is being implemented and probably how it was brainstormed and design to be so. The daily refers to the frequency and the time it has to be done in. the time constraint is PART of the challenge, if you have infinite time to do something, it stops to be challenging, when the task itself is mundane.

But your argument is I don't have much time to play your game and complete your challenge, cater to me against rather than those who is trying to figure out how to complete a challenge in a day and login more just to come up with a solution.

When the developers wants you and gives you a reason to login daily and then you say no, i don't have time for that, i want to login once a week but still be on par with players who do login daily..thats just not fair for both the devs and the other players. If you can't be bother to play for 5 minutes i don't think you would be included in the dev target demographic.

If you want compromise, would you do the challenges if you are penalized for taking too long to complete it? Would you do it if you on can only get gold on the first 24hrs it is available?

Edited by Bajie, 18 August 2016 - 01:20 PM.

Ethics Gradient

Ethics Gradient

(10) Necromancer

• Members
  • 1526 posts
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

If you want compromise, would you do the challenges if you are penalized for taking too long to complete it? Would you do it if you on can only get gold on the first 24hrs it is available?

The different "compromise" options really depend on what the devs are intending.  Is the daily challenge meant for the "pro" Pathfinder player, or is it just a fun way to add more variety to the game by giving you incentives to changeup your play style?

Rather framing this as a hardcore vs. casual thing, it's better understood on the developer-side by their figuring how much "free" gold users should be able to get on a daily/weekly basis without shattering their virtual economy.  Who knows, maybe they already did that, and figured it was fine to let some users grind for an additional 1000 or so gold per week while denying the casual segment that opportunity.

Instead of requiring us to log into the app 7 times in a week, let us log into the app 2-3 times in a week.  Let me queue up a few quests and get them done in my hour of playtime, instead of forcing 5 minute chunks.  It'll take the same amount of time either way. 

Man, I'm with you on the free time thing.  Between kids and stuff, I've got a pretty variable amount of time in a given day.  If say, every daily challenge takes an hour to grind out, that may mean I will never have a chance to finish a challenge.  If it was more of a "bounty" system, I could accept one challenge at a time and work on it over the next couple days.  That way really dedicated players could still knock them out daily, and the "filthy casuals" amongst us could at least have a chance to do a few challenges per week.

While I don't believe I should be able to queue up a whole week's worth of challenges and blast thorough them on the weekend, being able to hold onto a challenge until I can complete it might be the difference between finishing up absolutely none of them and doing two or three per week.

Anyway, it's a new feature for the game, and as data rolls in, I'd expect something to change as the challenges are tweaked toward whatever completion rate may have been envisioned.  Currently, they seem to be more "chores" than "challenges."  Even just lowering some of the goals a bit would help everyone.

• wakasm likes this

wakasm

wakasm

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 111 posts

I have answered WHY 20 different ways.  Just read, and reread what is being written. 

It doesn't make getting gold any easier, because Obsidian controls how much gold gets released anyway.  The point of DAILY challenges is to get people back into the app frequently, if I had to guess.  That is Obisidians main reasoning for doing it, while also offering new ways to deliver unique content.  The reward for people who do so, and completing the challenge is gold.  But the CAP on gold is the same in both systems - At Max, it's 365 days x Daily Reward.  That's true if it's 24 hours, 48 hours, or 72 hours.  

You keep putting down my very sane and logically suggestions with just something that's not even true, but that's ok, right?  

How is it punishing players who play every day?

Two examples:

A person logs in every day, spends 120 minutes total on challenges, gets 700 gold in a week.  (how it is now)

A person logs in every other day, spends 120 minutes total on challenges, gets 700 gold in a week.  (how it could be)

There is no difference here for the hardcore.  The amount of time spent on challenges is the same. The amount of effort is the same.  The reward is the same.   Where is anyone getting punished in this scenario?  

People have even said, multiple times, and I agree, that the challenges themselves aren't that hard.  How is your 120 minutes spent total any different than my 120 minutes total spent? It's not, other than which 24 hour period you do them in.   The only difference currently is, if I have a real life engagement, I'm screwed, but if you have nothing to do, you are rewarded. 

So, based on your logic, assuming everything you said is true (it's not) customers who have more free time are more valued customers than those who do not??  That is literally the only argument you are making.  If that is how Obsidian actually sees customers (I don't believe it is), then I would stop using their app immediately and never support them again.  But you can! Go for it!

The truth is, Obsidian values all customers, wants to make money, and wants a mechanism that keeps people playing in the app frequently.  Upping the daily challenge system to mimic other SUCCESSFUL games would be a great start.   I believe they'll do it.  And I'll keep putting up the fight for them to do it.   

Edited by wakasm, 18 August 2016 - 02:22 PM.

Ripe

Ripe

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 211 posts

How is it punishing players who play every day?

Two examples:

A person logs in every day, spends 120 minutes total on challenges, gets 700 gold in a week.  (how it is now)

A person logs in every other day, spends 120 minutes total on challenges, gets 700 gold in a week.  (how it could be)

There is no difference here for the hardcore.  The amount of time spent on challenges is the same. The amount of effort is the same.  The reward is the same.   Where is anyone getting punished in this scenario? 

But the effort put into it is not the same... first person made the effort to log in every day and do the daily challenge on that same day. The second person didn't. And in your example they get the same reward. So yes, those who made the effort and log in every day would be punished by getting the same reward as those who don't make that effort. Or more to the point, those who don't make the effort to log in every day would get rewarded for such behavior.

In my personal opinion that is wrong and not something that should be done. We should reward effort, not convenience.

Borissimo

Borissimo

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 289 posts

I thought this day would never come, but here it has: Wakasm and I completely agree on something! :)

Folks, I think we need to finally slay, mutilate, burn, and put in the ground this notion that "X is optional, so if you don't like X, your game experience doesn't change and you have no right to complain." Chests were optional, yet everybody complained about them to high heaven (some even boycotted the game because of them!), and changes were made. If something is in the game, it's fair game for critique. End of story.

The developer's job is to make a game that makes players feel good. Something that makes a large proportion of players feel bad is, by definition, bad game design. Even if the players are "wrong" based on some objective argument, it doesn't matter -- pleasing players is the fundamental goal of a game that overrides everything else, because if your players aren't pleased, then they'll stop being your players.

So Pink, I totally respect your liking of the daily challenge timing. However, trying to shut down criticism of the system by saying "it's optional, so if you don't like it, it doesn't affect you" doesn't logically work. If the developers add something that makes a lot of players feel bad, fixing it is their job regardless of how optional it is.

In the case of the daily challenges, I agree that Hearthstone's 3-slot system makes way more sense than the silly wheel Obsidian reinvented in its place. Some of these challenges take a long time, and it's an AWFUL feeling when you think you can do one, fail, run out of gaming time for that moment, and the challenge is gone the next time you're able to log on. Sure, the challenge is "optional," but if the game lures me into wasting a bunch of time by offering a reward and then taking it away at a random moment during the day, then the "it's optional" argument really crashes and burns.

Developers need to avoid "feels bad" moments whenever it's reasonable to do so. The daily challenge timer is a HUGE source of "feels bad" for players and there's no earthly reason for it to be. I hope it is changed in the future.

Edited by Borissimo, 18 August 2016 - 02:54 PM.

• dbt, wakasm, Ethics Gradient and 1 other like this

Bajie

Bajie

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 155 posts

The truth is, Obsidian values all customers, wants to make money, and wants a mechanism that keeps people playing in the app frequently. Upping the daily challenge system to mimic other SUCCESSFUL games would be a great start. I believe they'll do it. And I'll keep putting up the fight for them to do it.

The truth is the mechanism to keep people playing the app frequently is already there. Your solution only encourages more people to have the same playing habit as you ( which is better and more convenient ). Lets say they change it to stackable unlimited time challenge, What would be prevent me to just login 2-3x weekly if we are just talking about completing challenges?

If i have 20 evades, 20 bane and X character / X scenario completion challenge stacked..I could just complete this in one go, in one login with the right party. Thats if average 200gold reward and if on legendary/full party..almost 1k gold in one completion. That there is broken.

But if i have to do them separately over 3 days..my gold reward will be a bit higher around 1650gold but it has should be understandable as it has taken me 3 scenarios and 3 days to complete them.

Obsidian can't make money if gold farming is too easy. Introducing the challenge actually makes it easier for gold in the long run as everybody anticipates the challenges and prepare accordingly. Stacking it makes it even easier because if I clear 3 in one go, the 2 other scenario I would have done without stacking is now easier as I don't have to limit myself to the challenge constraint. No one would spend on the game because of this.

And in the frequency of playing, this just encourages less logins as there is no incentive in login in everyday, and actually penalized everyday login goldwise.

Perhaps persistent daily challenge could work even optional change 1x. But Stackable Multiple quest is something bad as the game does not have the same business model as HS.

Edited by Bajie, 18 August 2016 - 03:46 PM.

wakasm

wakasm

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 111 posts
Perhaps persistent daily challenge could work even optional change 1x. But Stackable Multiple quest is something bad as the game does not have the same business model as HS. 

Hearthstone has a more successful business model because the IP is larger, and there is a competitive scene built around it, which provides a hook for needing/wanting/getting more cards.  But they also offer similar gold sinks as well.  I can't stress that there are many more games with similar systems, who have learned that respecting a users time is pretty important to both avoid burn-out and to give realistic expectations to free time.  

However, Obsidian decided to copy the F2P aspects of similar systems instead of just charging for content, so they should copy the best parts of those as well.

The whole worry about 'too much farmable gold" is not a real argument, because they set what this is.  Again, the math checks out, and even if a person queues up 3 daily challenges, they get the same amount (not more) than someone who logs in daily.

Obidian also can just create more uses for gold... like releasing more content (see other threads), but they can also easily lower it, or raise prices, or find even more unique things to throw into treasure chests for collecting purposes.  (That is what the dice is, a gold sink and another reason to get treasure chests).  

What would be prevent me to just login 2-3x weekly if we are just talking about completing challenges?

Now you are getting it, nothing is stopping a person from doing this, that's the whole suggested point.  

If i have 20 evades, 20 bane and X character / X scenario completion challenge stacked..I could just complete this in one go, in one login with the right party. Thats if average 200gold reward and if on legendary/full party..almost 1k gold in one completion. That there is broken.

There is nothing broken about this scenario because you'd get the same amount of gold, if not more, doing it on separate days.    Plus, it feels good when the stars randomly align and you get synergy... like the actual game when you get items, etc that have synergy saving 20 minutes... and the game respects your time and allows you some freedom to do this.  Win. Win. win.  

Obsidian can't make money if gold farming is too easy. 

This is a whole different conversation... but literally everything you do in the game gives you gold, and daily challenges are not the fastest method to earn gold in this game, so it's not even something that is a factor.  It was their decision to make the game F2P, so it's up to them to monitor how much gold is being earned daily.  And they are, as they've previously shown.  

If you want to worry about gold farming and them not making money, blame the speed of content.  it's not that gold farming is too easy, is that ways to spend gold are too slow. (Obsidian has acknowledged this as a goal).

If they released content on a more frequent, bug-free, and on-time basis, even F2P players wouldn't be able to keep up and be forced into choices as to how to best spend their gold, and these choices would eventually force some to pay to keep up, or resist and miss out on new content.  Obviously, they've missed their mark on this, but they have said they are trying to improve it, so keeping fingers crossed on that.  

And in the frequency of playing, this just encourages less logins as there is no incentive in login in everyday, and actually penalized everyday login goldwise.

Less logins are fine.  I'm sure Obsidian has realistic goals on this. Any app that has frequent usage is considered successful. their major KPIs (key performance indicator) I am sure is not daily usage, but overall engagement on a whole...  and I am sure the stats that they will check on the most will be how the sales of each adventure path taper off, how often players drop out of adventure paths, how far people get in quests, etc.  

As long as they see users staying around and doing things, that's a win for them... which is why accessibility is really important!  Daily is pretty extreme, especially for an app that's still missing 50% of it's base content, lacking multiplayer, lacking features, has bugs, and is not competitive,  etc.   Obviously the amount of money they make is their biggest KPI, and i can only say that I believe making the daily challenges better is something that will help with that.  

However, it's not even a top priority.  I'd love to see them address 40 other things before they fix daily challenges... if that gives you any perspective on things. 

Edited by wakasm, 18 August 2016 - 07:08 PM.

Jasta

Jasta

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 9 posts

Absolutely agree with Waksam. So far with the daily challenges I've seen, I think 1 of 5 actually improved/added something to the game. The other 4 were completely pointless.

The fun one was the "Complete mission blah only using Seoni". That was cool, gave me a reason to change up my usual grind. Still took me three goes (well more like 2 and one abort). Only issue would be if you don't actually own Seoni which is a genuine concern.

The others feel like weekly quests to me and poor ones at that. I see what's required and just don't bother. My time is better spent actually completing missions than trying to achieve something like 20 evasions - something I doubt I'd complete in a month of normal play.

To me the challenges seem to have the wrong idea. It's not fun to grind out an artificial series of actions in a really short time limit for a reward that doesn't keep pace with what you'd get just playing the game normally.

Instead of demanding the player to evade, a better challenge might be "Complete mission X. Rolls to defeat banes are increased by 10." which would actually encourage you to try to beat a mission with characters good at evading.

Same with "Hire 20 allies". A better challenge might be "Win a mission without discarding, burying, banishing or failing to acquire any allies."

Bajie

Bajie

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 155 posts
I don't get it..you said Obsidian wants a mechanism that makes people play more frequently and when I said people will login less with your proposal without any penalty, you're saying its ok and its your whole point? Do you want people to play more or to play less?

And how is 1k gold reward for a single completion not broken and exploitable? If people can get the same gold logging once than logging thrice, which do you think will they prefer.

People that login daily now will login less, People that login less will stay the same. And if you think its an ok scenario for a game then I think you are wrong. If anything game should strive for those player that login less to login more frequently and make them set aside more of their free time to play it.

I have not yet played a game that encourages its player to login less.

HS quests, implementation or the quests itself, translate bad for this game you said yourself there is no competition built in game to hinder someone to fast easy gold. If you need to beat something 3x using Ezren here, you only need to play against the AI and the scenario itself which is pretty much set aside from the rng of location cards as compare to HS that beating someone 3x means 3 different players with 9 possible classes with infinite amount of decktype with a whole lotta chance of scrubing out.

I agree that making the challenge better (anything could be made better), i just don't think making the game HS-lite is e better option.

Convenience in a game like this should equate purchase. If players think they're losing on gold because they don't have the time to login daily and complete quest, there's always an option to buy gold. You have a character challenge you havent unlock yet, you should be tempted by the game to make that purchase and skip all that farming because you don't have the time. As much as the Challenges are for the players (extra gold) , i think it also have to do with revenue on the developer's side.

Edited by Bajie, 18 August 2016 - 08:12 PM.

wakasm

wakasm

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 111 posts

Well, it seems we are at an impasse.  You misread almost every point, and came to your own conclusions that are in no way what I am saying.   

So I'll save my time and just argue in bullet points:  

• Exploit - it's not
  • Encourages it's player to log in less - it's doesn't
  • Translates bad - it doesn't
  • Daily Quests aren't even the best way to get gold, so not relevant even as an argument
  • Temptation comes from rewarding content and things to unlock (see: every popular game ever + psychology)
  • Buying gold is always an option in all aspects of the app, not relevant to daily quests
  • Revenue is hurt more by 20 more important things still MIA than the daily quests (bugs, missing content, missing deadlines, etc)
  • burnout and inaccessibility kills games faster than less frequent logins (see: every popular game ever)
  • Daily quests legitimately have a MAX payout for people who can claim them 100% of the time... the devs know what this is... it's not some magical exploitative number that makes them lose money

Edited by wakasm, 18 August 2016 - 09:06 PM.

• RedPred likes this

Bajie

Bajie

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 155 posts
We'll if you don't see how exploitable free easy gold is then you haven't come across farmers. The whole content as a whole cost 25$, i bet when this game is completed, you will see accounts for sale for less than that all content unlock all character unlock via gold. And where does that leave the developer?

Now it doesn't encourages player to login less when there is no incentive to login daily? When login in once in 3 days and playing less you get the same rewards as login in everyday?

How does it not translate bad when what your proposing is more free easy gold?

How is gold not relevant to Daily quest when we ask if your willing to take penalty for taking too long to complete it?

Your under the assumption everyone has unlock everything here when everyday I see post from new players asking for advice or something trivial?

If you havent unlock a character and the quest specify that character, how is not buying that character irrelevant to the ability to complete quest?

It always comes back to these things with you, yes revenue is hurt by those thing but do you really want to hurt it even more?

They are losing money everytime players choose to go F2P than buy stuff ingame and with your proposal the game will cater more to F2P more than ever, making paying clients think twice before purchasing anything.

How confusing it is when you say something ( make player play frequently ) then contradict it yourself ( its ok for people to login less ). Login in less is a sign of burnout, both things are bad for a game. And again with inaccesibility? What aspect of the game do you have no access to?

RedPred

RedPred

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 424 posts

Ok, we can say simply that challenges have 2 different resolutions:

- a fast resolution, if you have all abilities you need AND characters you need AND unlocked scenarios you need AND high experience to link all that together AND you are open to stratagem for extra 150-200 gold. In other words if you are an expert player that burn gold because you have already 80%+ of discovered treasury card. No offense, just verification.

(I completely forgot about evade on top and General Store .. and I haven't used it later anyway)

- a slow resolution, if you miss ANY point of above. For new players or normal players (both p2p or f2p).

(If you don't have evade on top for example you have to play almost two hours to complete the challenge normally with medium quality decks)

We can also say that playing a normal game is what let us get fun in the game. So if you pass minutes on a stratagem to do 30 evade on top in a row is quite different and perhaps boring, and you do that just to have 150-200 gold fast.

So different play style for different players that get fun in similar way but not identical, with no difference between p2p or f2p categories.

Edited by RedPred, 18 August 2016 - 10:59 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Daily Challenge, Suggestion

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users