The mere fact a challenge exists for 24 hours doesn't make it difficult, it makes it inaccessible.  

It's called "Daily Challenge"... how long do you expect it to be available for completion? A week? Or maybe even longer?

It's called 'Daily Challenge' because you get a new one every day to get a bonus reward. Doesn't mean at all that can't endure for longer to help player to complete them. In a week you ll always accept 7 challenges at max also if you can stack 3 (as other games already do), because normal player with work and family can't play for sure every day or a couple of hours for days....

Remember it's just a game. A game we love, but a game we have to put aside for real situations....

Edited by RedPred
  • Like 1

The mere fact a challenge exists for 24 hours doesn't make it difficult, it makes it inaccessible.

It's called "Daily Challenge"... how long do you expect it to be available for completion? A week? Or maybe even longer?

It's called 'Daily Challenge' because you get a new one every day to get a bonus reward. Doesn't mean at all that can't endure for longer to help player to complete them. In a week you ll always accept 7 challenges at max also if you can stack 3 (as other games already do), because normal player with work and family can't play for sure every day or a couple of hours for days....

Remember it's just a game. A game we love, but a game we have to put aside for real situations....

Actually Daily means something to be done or produced in a day.

Yep, most of the Dailies will be hard for the casual gamer like yourself but there are some which you can actually complete ( like evade x..solo on merisiel and evade everything / or you get lucky, one of your experienced characters get a daily challenge ). At least, it should get you motivated to level up a character you haven't played or unlock that character knowing now you might need him/her for a daily challenge

The way I see it:

Casual gamer who can't devote time/effort to complete a challenge can forego one for a day. Maybe you'll be lucky you get an easy one, good for you, gives you a reason to login everyday just to check if you can complete it.

If you feel like you're losing on that gold reward, that means you're playing for the gold..which if casually, you're better off farming a L scenario or on questmode. If you want both then you are not a casual player. You actually need to devote time so you can complete all the challenges thrown at you.

Stacking challenges ala HS, will make farming a whole lot easier for F2P which in a separate thread seems to be very very bad.

I remember earlier on the launch, people were making up challenge ( Solo-Lem, No Blessing on Closing rolls, etc) just for the sake of it, no rewards whatsoever and no complain was raised. Now that it is built ingame with a reward, problems are raised as it being very hard.

• Like 1

As red said, the "DAILY" part has to do with when it's given out, not how long it takes. 

Just like the DAILY news, DAILY crosswords, DAILY Sudoku, DAILY Quests (hearthstone), DAILY Chest (Clash Royale), etc.

These are all things I can get only the day of, but I can take a bit time to complete on my own if needed.  The DAILY crosswords does not disappear or become irrelevant or easier if i take an extra day(s) to do it.    

The challenges difficulty themselves have nothing to do with the 24 hour part.   The challenges don't need to be made easier.  We want them to be hard, or time-consuming, or fun.   

And with a system similar to hearthstone, if I am away from the app for too long... then I still miss out on most of the daily challenges.  But at least it gives some buffer time to catch up or finish what you started if real life prevents me from logging in daily.  

Having a daily challenge system like this only betters the game.  Those who want to/are able to log in every day still can.   Those who can't get a small buffer time to catch up.  Win for everyone.  

Edited by wakasm
  • Like 1

So when a Doctor do his daily rounds, he can..you know..just do it tomorrow? Or just check out tomorrow the Daily weather for today because it will not be irrelevant for tomorrow.

Daily has to do when its given out or done or in this case, both. You can't just pick the ones you like and disregard the other use of the word..

The time constraint is part of the challenge. You want it hard..then accept the clock.

Edited by Bajie

Com'on guys use the brain, if you don't read all the daily paper today you'll throw in the garbage tomorrow if there is something you still want to read on it?? My nephews are more clever...

You are just limiting the fun for other players! Also other players that paid the game as you!! Incredible...

Second, if you play the game alone for hours every day you r not a PRO player, just a isolated guy who plays alone for hours... The Expert player always maximizes the efficiency of his playtime, no matter how long he plays... and he always play for fun, not obsession.

Third, I can't complete any challenge at the moment. Still I can open a chest after every scenario I play and in less then half an hour... why the hell I could ever think to play a challenge of 2 hours right now??

And do you think I need extra gold bonus? Really??

Forth, if you are buying chests with collected free gold, what's the difference with a f2p? They just haven't already paid real money for a game with half content and many issues... not so unintelligible...

So if you want to blame f2p for everything, just BUY gold and chests with REAL MONEY and post the receipts pls!!

Com'on guys use the brain, if you don't read all the daily paper today you'll throw in the garbage tomorrow if there is something you still want to read on it?? My nephews are more clever...

You are just limiting the fun for other players! Also other players that paid the game as you!! Incredible...

Second, if you play the game alone for hours every day you r not a PRO player, just a isolated guy who plays alone for hours... The Expert player always maximizes the efficiency of his playtime, no matter how long he plays... and he always play for fun, not obsession.

Third, I can't complete any challenge at the moment. Still I can open a chest after every scenario I play and in less then half an hour... why the hell I could ever think to play a challenge of 2 hours right now??

And do you think I need extra gold bonus? Really??

Forth, if you are buying chests with collected free gold, what's the difference with a f2p? They just haven't already paid real money for a game with half content and many issues... not so unintelligible...

So if you want to blame f2p for everything, just BUY gold and chests with REAL MONEY and post the receipts pls!!

You misundestand.

First, Daily Challenges was made to be gotten AND done in a day. It is as it is intended when it was introduced. Telling that the time limit has nothing to do with the challenge is false.

Second, Daily Challenge is not exclusive to hardcore players. Casual players can complete it just not consistently because, for example, you have the Challenge "Solo Seoni on Foul Misgiving". The challenge is 1.Seoni should be unlock, 2.Foul Misgiving should be unlock, 3. Complete the scenario - right there in there, if you say you can only play for 1 hour and a scenario for you takes 1 hour, if you do not have 1 unlock yet you have 3 choices:

1. Buy Seoni with money, Good for Dev

2 Spend/Farm Gold for Seoni, good for you as your daily play now has added goal

3. Forget about the challenge. No harm No foul, skip for now and hope you encounter it when you've done the the requirement via you're daily playing allowances.

Third, what challenges are you having a hard time completing? If you not after the reward gold then it should be ok for you to fail for the challenges you simply are not yet prepared for, you can prepare for it next time you encounter it. Like as above, as I am mostly a questmode player, I don't have an experienced Seoni let alone unlocked Foul Misgiving with her on storymode, i now have a purpose to play storymode with her. I will fail today but next time, i will be ready and for good measure i partied with her those other characters underleveled..now its a replayability factor on story mode. On a side note, someone is trying to make a list of daily challenge perhaps you can add to the list and we can plan/advice on how each can be completed efficiently

Fourth, I'm not blaming F2P as i'm F2P myself (exc pt for the humble bundle) i'm just stating the fact the players that payed for the game wants F2P to have a harder time farming gold as it is now, stacking 3 challenges, will make it easier for me to farm gold and perhaps even making the paid players feel more unfair.

• Like 1

First, Daily Challenges was made to be gotten AND done in a day. It is as it is intended when it was introduced. Telling that the time limit has nothing to do with the challenge is false.

That's your understanding of the game design. Yours and personal. No devs ever said anything like that AND the Producer just said few comment above that the actual state of the Daily Challenge is just the beginning, so... 

Just for example 'reduce 30 damage' is quite long... 'evade 30 banes' is quite long too... it requires at least an hour and probably some players will also lose the scenario trying to get the goal...  everything is quite long because it's a challenge...

The blame of F2P wasn't just for your consideration, but mostly for an other thread very 'heavy'... 

the fact the players that payed for the game wants F2P to have a harder time farming gold

That! That doesn't have to exist in any reality!

The choose of let f2p to play with the same rules is an exclusive game design choice of developers and producers.

And as developer I love this policy to let a good software have a max size of users every time it's possible (with constant income for 'short way' and 'cosmetics').

If you don't like this policy, you don't have to support these companies and that policy! Because they already did a choice and also a great choice!

Just for example 'reduce 30 damage' is quite long

Are you sure? It was arguably the easiest challenge for me to complete - I hoped to do it in 2 encounters but it took me 3 in the end. I wonder if some people have forgotten that you can bury most armours to evade *all* damage because they're so used to reveal/recharging them? I just rocked up to the Kreeg family with Valeros and Seelah and proceeded to deliberately lose a handful of tough fights whilst wearing armour. I even picked up a leather armour along the way which I immediately buried next encounter.

Tonight, I'm going to run Merisiel through one of the more villain-rich scenarios. As it happens, I have Meri with her role card, so I will be evading some sucker and putting them right back at the top of the deck until there are no more blessings. I am not proud.

I'm by no means an expert at the game (got one 4 person party to the end of Chapter 3, that's it), I have a demanding full-time job and kids and little free time and so far I haven't struggled to complete any of the tasks - although I might have had a lucky run of cards with Seoni last night. It's been a fun way to get a few extra gold. The allies and boons ones were so easy, I got them with 6 person parties through running Local Heroes on Legendary a couple of times and got a very nice gold haul very quickly. A very agreeable hour's work each time.

These are simple, disposable daily challenges. I guess you could save them, I could see why you'd want to if there are achievements or something attached, and as long as it isn't a massive effort for the devs I don't see why it can't be done. But I'd hardly get up in arms if I didn't have the time to do a challenge that nets 150 gold. Sometimes the challenges may be useful for showing you an underused/underappreciated playstyle or feature - Sentinels of the Multiverse (as usual) do good work there in their weekly challenges, and from the comments here it might be that burying armour might come under that heading.

It's a new feature - let's see how it develops.

• Like 1

3 encounters are more than an hour ...probably more than 1h30m for many players... quite long for me. So you have to distribute the bonus income over a long period with a base reduced speed. My average time for a scenario is 20-25 min with a 6-party for gold collection mate. It isn't worth for me in any possible challenge.

Edited by RedPred

As red said, the "DAILY" part has to do with when it's given out, not how long it takes. 

Just like the DAILY news, DAILY crosswords, DAILY Sudoku, DAILY Quests (hearthstone), DAILY Chest (Clash Royale), etc.

These are all things I can get only the day of, but I can take a bit time to complete on my own if needed.  The DAILY crosswords does not disappear or become irrelevant or easier if i take an extra day(s) to do it.    

The challenges difficulty themselves have nothing to do with the 24 hour part.   The challenges don't need to be made easier.  We want them to be hard, or time-consuming, or fun.   

Nice try... a failed one but still nice.

Yes, DAILY crosswords/Sudoku don't disappear the next day and you can still solve them but if they are also tied to some reward you MUST complete them that same day or you're not eligible for reward.

Also, we're talking about Daily CHALLENGE... with challenge being completing the task inside 24 hours.

With that being said, none of the challenges given out so far take longer than 30 minutes to complete if you meet the prerequisite for it (unlocked character/scenario). Hell, the last one, evading banes could be done in under 5 minutes!

5 minutes evading all time with Meri one location and quitting one or two scenarios maybe... yes... it s the right way to play this game... exactly how devs mean .......... no more words... not required.....

No, 5 minutes by sending solo Meri to General store... she can clean it out in 3-4 rounds while completing the challenge and you can still easily win the scenario (Local heroes is good choice for that). Especially if you use high-level Meri. And you can even do it at Legendary so you get gold for completing the scenario!

So I fail to see what you're complaining about now... yes, you might loose a scenario but that might happen no matter what (scenario 3-5 on Hard or Legendary is best way to complete damage prevention challenge we had few days ago and you might need a few tries to win it anyway).

Point is, no challenge we got so far was hard to complete or time consuming provided you know what you're doing and how to play... which is exactly what original developers (Mike Selinkar, Vic Wertz and others at Paizo) had in mind. Players coming up with various strategies within the rules for defeating the scenarios. The same is true when it come to defeating these challenges.

• Like 2

3 encounters are more than an hour ...probably more than 1h30m for many players... quite long for me. So you have to distribute the bonus income over a long period with a base reduced speed. My average time for a scenario is 20-25 min with a 6-party for gold collection mate. It isn't worth for me in any possible challenge.

What on earth are you playing this game on if 3 encounters are taking more than an hour?

By '3 encounters', I meant 3 monster encounters. 3 lots of 10 damage each time all evaded by burying one armour a pop. About 10 minutes tops. Took me about 5 card draws in total. I reckoned I might be able to do it in 2 but my usual 'luck' deserted me and of course, I rolled high a couple of times for a change!

5 minutes evading all time with Meri one location and quitting one or two scenarios maybe... yes... it s the right way to play this game... exactly how devs mean .......... no more words... not required.....

Yeah, exactly that. There's no wrong way to have fun with the game, mate. Well, maybe if you played it naked in public, but thus far none of the challenges have mandated that.

Me, I like to have a go at something I probably wouldn't try without an incentive. This one is in my comfort zone though - I am all about evading banes and sticking them on top of the deck. It's when the left-field stuff comes out that will be interesting - play Lini without using animals or Sajan without boons or even more impossibly, closing locations without constantly rolling a big pile of 1s.

About the daily challenge, that is how it is implemented, gotten for a day and should be done in a day, how is it personal when that is how it is working and design by the developers? Granted it might change..but it is what is it now and most definitely my not because I said so..

Use Merisiel, evade then put on top. If your not at this level with Meri then as i said you're not that prepared to do the challenge efficiently.

The challenge doesnt imply to finish the scenario, some challenge do..but this one does not.

You said yourself not to limit the fun in playing. Some people find fun in completing these challenge anyway they want it. You want effociency..there's a suggestion.

Edited by Bajie

But i thought gold is not a priority for you and you just want to be able to complete the quest efficiently, why compare bonus income now for the same length of time if your playing for the one challenge or just playing 3 scenario.

For fast complete on evade, get merisiel, find a scenario with watchtower, evade the henchmen every start of turn.

evade and put on top... 30 times in one scenario ... if Meri is soloing she has 30 rounds... with maybe 9 extra draw using ally+blessing so 39 total draw ... and you closed a scenario in 30 turns ... 3 location with 30 evade... 9 free single exploration to close 3 locations!?? I want to see, really...

if not soloing .... 15 round max + 9 extra draw = 24...

But perhaps you used healing staff to recycle a couple of blessing and ally per turn playing with a short hand... I want to see anyway because then you closed 3 locations in legendary....

legendary bonus in soloing is quite low then...

But one thing is true, you can play the game your way and evade and put on top 30 times in a row a card!

I like to play in the 'classic' way... Legendary 6-party bonus trying to close everything in 20 minutes.... I m an old man... 

Edited by RedPred

evade and put on top... 30 times in one scenario ... if Meri is soloing she has 30 rounds... with maybe 9 extra draw using ally+blessing so 39 total draw ... and you closed a scenario in 30 turns ... 3 location with 30 evade... 9 free single exploration to close 3 locations!?? I want to see, really...

if not soloing .... 15 round max + 9 extra draw = 24...

But perhaps you used healing staff to recycle a couple of blessing and ally per turn playing with a short hand... I want to see anyway because then you closed 3 locations in legendary....

legendary bonus in soloing is quite low then...

But one thing is true, you can play the game your way and evade and put on top 30 times in a row a card!

I like to play in the 'classic' way... Legendary 6-party bonus trying to close everything in 20 minutes.... I m an old man... 

You're forgetting about General Store and it's ability where you get an extra explore IF you encounter anything other then weapon, armor or item... meaning that you can get 30 evades in ONE ROUND!

Like I said, easy to do if you know what you're doing...

• Like 1

Yeah, the general store works and for some reason the watchtower doesn't. Like we keep saying you just need some preparation.. If you want to make it like HS, you still need to atleast down 3 scenario as the average quest there is defeat using N 3x.

Honest question: if we get to stack daily challenges up to 3x but can only be rewarded gold if you complete 1 24hrs after it is gotten, would you guys have a problem with that?

Ok. You win. My bad memory killed me!

Anyway you spent minutes to draw, evade and redraw the same card 30 times in a row for some extra gold... and I m really too old to do that...

Wow... you came here complaining about Daily challenges being "too time-comsuming" and "hard" to complete for someone with limited time to play. Now that you were clearly shown how that is not true and how you can complete a challenge in mere minutes you complain about the way the challenge is completed.

I guess it's true you just can't satisfy some people...

• Like 1

Nice try... a failed one but still nice.

Yes, DAILY crosswords/Sudoku don't disappear the next day and you can still solve them but if they are also tied to some reward you MUST complete them that same day or you're not eligible for reward.

Also, we're talking about Daily CHALLENGE... with challenge being completing the task inside 24 hours.

With that being said, none of the challenges given out so far take longer than 30 minutes to complete if you meet the prerequisite for it (unlocked character/scenario). Hell, the last one, evading banes could be done in under 5 minutes!

Failed at what? I failed at nothing. 

The challenge is the thing you are doing.  The daily is the frequency of which it opens up.  There is nothing implied about it's length to accomplish that adds or subtracts to the challenge difficulty itself.  You even say it yourself... the challenges themselves take up to 5 minutes (and I agree, most are super easy).  The length of time it's accessible has nothing to do with it's difficulty to do, only accessibility to do them.  

The only suggestion that is being put on the table by me is to open up the accessibility of said challenges like other popular games do.  That's it.  Instead of requiring us to log into the app 7 times in a week, let us log into the app 2-3 times in a week.  Let me queue up a few quests and get them done in my hour of playtime, instead of forcing 5 minute chunks.  It'll take the same amount of time either way. 

So fracking relax with saying I'm right or wrong, or that I've failed.  It's a suggestion, and one that I think would BETTER the game (which we all want).  and is one which is seen in MANY other games.  Respecting a person's free time goes a long way. 

Again, FOR EXAMPLE, other games solve this easily by giving you buffer time to enact said daily challenges. 

Hearthstone - Daily Quests - 72 Hours 

Clash Royale - Daily Chest - 48 Hours

World of Warcraft - Daily Quests - 7 Days of doing many different dailies to hit max points

Daily Crosswords - You have forever to do them

I can add about 20+ more popular games/items to this list. 

Just because you have a single interpretation of what "challenging" is, doesn't mean that there aren't others.  

People trivializing a suggestion to make the game better and more accessible to others are just being defensive to good game design for no reason.  It doesn't affect you.  It doesn't make your ability to log in every day and do them in 5 minutes any less possible.  But for those who it matters to, it makes a better game. 

So when a Doctor do his daily rounds, he can..you know..just do it tomorrow? Or just check out tomorrow the Daily weather for today because it will not be irrelevant for tomorrow.

And again, using stuff that's not even relevant.  

Do we not understand that there are MULTIPLE definitions of many words, especially in conjunction with other words AND context to how they are being used? Do I now have to explain every combination in existence when I merely proved examples that the version of DAILY quest/challenge/task/bonus/etc exists in many places that people were trying to say doesn't exist or is not a possibiltiy?

No one is refuting that there exists cases where daily can be strict to an exact 24 hour period.  Even in Pathfinder, we have the DAILY GOLD option.  That one makes 100% sense since it's not tied to gameplay, and they are giving the reward for coming back every day.  

And even in your doctor instance, the DAILY has to do with the FREQUENCY.  IF the value of the frequency only matters in it's context then no, a Doctor can't just wait and do it tomorrow, because in that context, the whole point of the daily rounds is to make sure something is being done every day.  

There is no value like that in these challenges.  It's a single player game.  They could literally have released 31 challenges listed all out for you to attempt at and time and the difficulty of these challenges would remain the same, and the time spent doing them would remain the same.  Obviously Devs made it DAILY to get people back in the game.   There is nothing wrong with asking for a compromise to make it a bit more flexible for some.  

If the game had leaderboards tied to the challenges, then it ***might*** matter, but even then, the only part that matters there is that all players have access to the same rules, so if it was a flat 24 hour period, or a queuable quest system that allows some buffer like 72 hours, as long as all players had access to the same thing, it would be fair either way. 

Edited by wakasm
  • Like 2

The only suggestion that is being put on the table by me is to open up the accessibility of said challenges like other popular games do.  That's it.  Instead of requiring us to log into the app 7 times in a week, let us log into the app 2-3 times in a week.  Let me queue up a few quests and get them done in my hour of playtime, instead of forcing 5 minute chunks.  It'll take the same amount of time either way. 

So fracking relax with saying I'm right or wrong, or that I've failed.  It's a suggestion, and one that I think would BETTER the game (which we all want).  and is one which is seen in MANY other games.  Respecting a person's free time goes a long way. 

But you keep failing to answer WHY should you be allowed to complete a Daily Challenge over the course of several days... the fact that other games do it is not much of a reason. And I could care less about how they handle their "Daily challenge"...

You're right, it's a suggestion and it's only your opinion that prolonging the time you can complete a challenge would make the game better. In my opinion it would make getting the gold way too easy when the whole reason they changed the way Story mode give gold was to make gold farming harder!

Now if they prolong the time you can complete a "Daily Challenge" but with diminished rewards (you get 100% if you complete it in first 24 hours, 50% if completed in 48 hours, 25% if completed in 72 hours) then that is another story but prolonging a time while granting a same reward is punishing players who play each day and promptly complete these, rather easy challenges.

Why do you keep on dismissing that Daily also means the length of time it is need to be DONE within the day? It is how it is being implemented and probably how it was brainstormed and design to be so. The daily refers to the frequency and the time it has to be done in. the time constraint is PART of the challenge, if you have infinite time to do something, it stops to be challenging, when the task itself is mundane.

But your argument is I don't have much time to play your game and complete your challenge, cater to me against rather than those who is trying to figure out how to complete a challenge in a day and login more just to come up with a solution.

When the developers wants you and gives you a reason to login daily and then you say no, i don't have time for that, i want to login once a week but still be on par with players who do login daily..thats just not fair for both the devs and the other players. If you can't be bother to play for 5 minutes i don't think you would be included in the dev target demographic.

If you want compromise, would you do the challenges if you are penalized for taking too long to complete it? Would you do it if you on can only get gold on the first 24hrs it is available?

Edited by Bajie

If you want compromise, would you do the challenges if you are penalized for taking too long to complete it? Would you do it if you on can only get gold on the first 24hrs it is available?

The different "compromise" options really depend on what the devs are intending.  Is the daily challenge meant for the "pro" Pathfinder player, or is it just a fun way to add more variety to the game by giving you incentives to changeup your play style?

Rather framing this as a hardcore vs. casual thing, it's better understood on the developer-side by their figuring how much "free" gold users should be able to get on a daily/weekly basis without shattering their virtual economy.  Who knows, maybe they already did that, and figured it was fine to let some users grind for an additional 1000 or so gold per week while denying the casual segment that opportunity.

Instead of requiring us to log into the app 7 times in a week, let us log into the app 2-3 times in a week.  Let me queue up a few quests and get them done in my hour of playtime, instead of forcing 5 minute chunks.  It'll take the same amount of time either way. 

Man, I'm with you on the free time thing.  Between kids and stuff, I've got a pretty variable amount of time in a given day.  If say, every daily challenge takes an hour to grind out, that may mean I will never have a chance to finish a challenge.  If it was more of a "bounty" system, I could accept one challenge at a time and work on it over the next couple days.  That way really dedicated players could still knock them out daily, and the "filthy casuals" amongst us could at least have a chance to do a few challenges per week.

While I don't believe I should be able to queue up a whole week's worth of challenges and blast thorough them on the weekend, being able to hold onto a challenge until I can complete it might be the difference between finishing up absolutely none of them and doing two or three per week.

Anyway, it's a new feature for the game, and as data rolls in, I'd expect something to change as the challenges are tweaked toward whatever completion rate may have been envisioned.  Currently, they seem to be more "chores" than "challenges."  Even just lowering some of the goals a bit would help everyone.

• Like 1