Hi all,

Do you think if it would be better that the daily challenges persist until completion, instead of it reseting automatically everyday with an option to reset it once per day if we dont like the challenge?

I am a casual player and play 1 game with 6 characters everyday. Why only one game? Well, it takes about an hour to complete it and that's how much time i can put to the game per day. So far, I got these challenges: Reduce 30 damage (200 gp), Acquire 15 allies (150 gp). There shouldn't be much problem for players who are playing more games everyday.

But in my case; for first instance, I should have focused on failing the combat checks to reduce enough damage to complete the challenge in one game and by doing that risking the failure of scenario. 

For second instance, I probably should have used most of my blessings for acquiring allies and it would put me in a much weaker position when facing Henchmen and the Villain. 

On the other hand, a voice in me keeps saying "what's a challenge if it doesn't really challenge you?!". And another says "But i want to have that sweet gold too! Why can't i have it on my own time?".

What are your thoughts people?

• Like 1

I had the same thoughts. Challenges won't be interesting to me if it means playing for hours a day

When I heard about challenges, I imagined it would be a dialed in scenario: characters, locations, decks, rng initialization all the same for everybody like sentinels of the multiverse

I agree. My first challenge I got was to reduce 20 damage. To complete this quest in 1 day would be endless grinding and hoping to get the cards in hand and screw up your throw so badly you purposely take damage to reduce. It goes against the grain of playing this game in the first place.

At least let it persist till you complete it and let you accumulate 3 quests at a go just like in Hearthstone or something.

I won't be bothered about daily quests as it is at this moment.

I agree. My first challenge I got was to reduce 20 damage. To complete this quest in 1 day would be endless grinding and hoping to get the cards in hand and screw up your throw so badly you purposely take damage to reduce. It goes against the grain of playing this game in the first place.

At least let it persist till you complete it and let you accumulate 3 quests at a go just like in Hearthstone or something.

I won't be bothered about daily quests as it is at this moment.

I thought that challenge as you character was looking a fight. I like how the daily challenges are setup, it suppose to go against a gamer's norm. Also if you fail the mission you are still getting a good amount of gold for it and you still any items. Also you are not guarantee to win all mission even with or without the daily challenges.

Edited by Archangelrey

Still wait for Patch 1.0.3.7 Banana Bundle :getlost:

I also enjoy the daily challenges. I see it as asking me to do something I might not ordinarily do and rewarding me if I succeed. They aren't for everyone. So far I have completed 3 of the 4 challenges I started (4 if you give me credit for the broken goblin thing - I did complete the challenge so I guess it counts even though I didn't get the reward). I think almost all of the challenges I did took me 2 scenarios to complete, not bad in my opinion. I do hope they make the reward equivalent to the challenge though if the challenges get tougher.

An easy solution for all players could be a single manual reset every day to update the challenge. In this way if a player want to finish a specific challenge and he needs more than a day, he can maintain it as long as he want.

It is a very common solution I have already seen for this type of problem in a lot of apps. 

I'm a bit on the fence about it.  I like the idea of the daily challenges since it gives me a third way to play the same game (added to story and quest modes).  However, I am a pretty casual player myself in that I am luck to complete two scenarios a day.  Given that, I don't know if I'll every complete a daily challenge in time, but I do think they're a good idea.  Making it easier to complete takes the challenge away for me.  I'd vote to keep it as is.

• Like 2

Add info you find/want to the Pathfinder Adventures wiki

This is just another thing that didn't need to be reinvented.   Just adopt a daily challenge system like popular games like Hearthstone. 

You get a new daily challenge daily.  

You can store up to 3 of them for as long as you want.  As long as all slots are filled, you get no new ones. 

You can choose to drop a challenge you have no interest in doing, and let a new one pop up on the daily timer. 

Problem solved.  

Edited by wakasm
  • Like 1

But a game that requires 2 hours a day is not a game anymore, it's a kind of work. Not for everyone. Casual players won't appreciate the actual system. I never played any challenge, too long, low gold per hour. The system described by wakasm is the most efficient for everyone. If you play only in the week end you can still get fun of several challenge that can be active together. I played with that system in an other battle card game with gold reward and unlock through gold, and it was very funny for the players.

But the daily challenges are not for casual players.

Not everything needs to be accessible for everyone.

You can't complain that a football game is an hour and hope that you can tell the commissioner that he should make it half an hour.

If you only have half an hour to watch, you should watch Rugby 7s.

If you don't have time to do the daily challenges, don't do them.

If the game isn't built for your time frame, play something else.

But a game that requires 2 hours a day is not a game anymore, it's a kind of work. 

It is NOT "required".  It's optional.  I play a lot and I chose to complete only one challenge.  Maybe I don't care as much because I actually payed for the game and the gold isn't that big of a deal to me.  

Once again, people on this forum defending something because 

If the game isn't built for your time frame, play something else.

Or build a daily challenge system that's been proven to work for people with varying schedules and flexibility to keep the interest of the majority rather than the minority.  

If you have the time to play every day, then it doesn't change your situation at all.  

Edited by wakasm
  • Like 2

But what you're saying is make a game you want regardless of what the developers of the game want.

But you aren't the developer.

Maybe they had a meeting and the developers specifically decided they didn't want you to gain the extra 150 Gold so they came up with a challenge that wouldn't work for you.

We aren't entitled to having a game catered to us. We just feel we are because we have access to the internet and forums.

• Like 1

But what you're saying is make a game you want regardless of what the developers of the game want.

But you aren't the developer.

Maybe they had a meeting and the developers specifically decided they didn't want you to gain the extra 150 Gold so they came up with a challenge that wouldn't work for you.

We aren't entitled to having a game catered to us. We just feel we are because we have access to the internet and forums.

I'm a customer.  I'm allowed to apply feedback and want things. This is how capitalism and being a consumer works. 

The game would be better if they implemented this. 

Edited by wakasm
  • Like 3

I completely agree with wakasm. I don't understand some of you guys. We are talking to extend the feature to make the game funnier for the most who can't play as you 'pathfinder-dedicated-gamers' do.

That is the exact reason why developers introduced the feature. To make the game funnier for all the players.

You can still play as you are already doing today perhaps 20 hours per day if you can and if you like. But players who have less time than you (work, friends, girlfriend, family, 2 hours travel by car a day, .. ) simply can't beat most of the challenges. And if they can it's not worth because is less efficient of specific gold farming to get treasury chests. So why they have to do challenges like these today?

Don't be selfish. This is a world where people kill each other for nothing... at least save the community of a COOPERATIVE rpg...

Edited by RedPred

People wants the Daily challenge but don't want it to be challenging..hmm.

Some developers want to innovate rather than just copy, maybe they don't want to sacrifice integrity.

Feedbacks are welcome but they arent obliged to heed them.

Perhaps a compromise. The daily challenge for now seems more of an achievement for casual gamers, I agree.

Edited by Bajie

People wants the Daily challenge but don't want it to be challenging..hmm.

I've only beaten 1 challenge so far.

i like that they are challenging.

I don't think they should be mundane.

The developers don't either or they would have called them "Daily Mundanes"

No one is saying to change the challenges themselves.  We of course want them to be challenging.

People are suggesting to change the delivery mechanism of the challenges to accommodate real life.  

The mere fact a challenge exists for 24 hours doesn't make it difficult, it makes it inaccessible.  

Me being unable to even attempt a challenge on Friday, 8/19 because of real life commitments has nothing to do with how difficult the actual challenge is.

Having a reasonable and slightly looser delivery mechanism that still requires commitment of the player base to return to the app on a weekly basis, that is tested to be tried and true, to give people some flexibility as to when they can attempt the challenges, within reason is better than a 1 and done daily timer.  

Some developers want to innovate rather than just copy, maybe they don't want to sacrifice integrity.

The developer literally copied a board game and put it into an app.  That's irony for you. 

Most people can't play games 24/7.  it's not rocket science. There isn't any innovation needed here.  

Hell, most people even sleep 8 hours a day.  A strict 24 hour window on anything is just silly.   Most games have some rollover element to accommodate different time zones, schedules, etc.  

It's not like the daily gold where all it requires is to log-in and press a button.  

Edited by wakasm
  • Like 1

You're confusing being licensed by the original creators to develop their game digitally to totally ripping off and plagiarizing another game's by different creators concept so that YOU can manage to play their game you want the way you want it.

The challenge is not inaccessible, maybe the challenge lies in its accessibility itself, its hard but its far from what your saying is impossible. You want it to be manageable is what you're saying which I don't think the developers are thinking when they think of Challenges.

Of course, there wouldn' t be innovation needed from your POV because you didn't want those new cards not from the original boardgame because it takes time off the devs to work out all the adventure from the boardgames when most people here welcome it. Maybe the devs can separate Achievement (bigger reward) from Daily Task (smaller reward) from proceeding patches.

And if you think playing 24/7 is what it takes from completing a challenge, maybe..just maybe, you're approaching it the wrong way.

Maybe just maybe, if you guys are struggling with a challenge, you can start asking advice from those who completed it or brainstorm how to efficiently overcome it, rather than calling out for it to be made easier.

Edited by Bajie
  • Like 1

Thanks for letting us know that you're keeping an eye on this! 

Others have already said a lot on the subject, but I've got a few main things that I wanted to point out. 

1. The 24 hour restriction is rather aggravating, especially since quest rollover time might not be convenient for some people. Some way of saving quests would be ideal - as people have mentioned, it'd be most straightforward to allow people to have multiple quests at a time - perhaps overwriting the oldest would work with the least UI change, though I'm sure there are other options. 

2. Challenges have a very, VERY large difference in how easy they are to perform. One challenge was to acquire a number of boons, which could easily be done in one or two games. Others are like the one I've got today, which are to evade 30 banes - I don't think I've evaded that many banes throughout my entire playtime, and I've gotten through all of the campaigns. The numbers should be better tuned to be reasonable, or at least achievable within a few games if you're focused on actually playing the game. 

3. More than making the challenges reasonable, the challenges should be doable with what we have on hand. My first quest was to solo something with the Wizard - a character I didn't have, and didn't want to spend money to buy. 

Thanks for making the system and for giving us a new 'goal' to hit through our playtime - I look forward to seeing improvements in the system as time goes on!

The mere fact a challenge exists for 24 hours doesn't make it difficult, it makes it inaccessible.  

It's called "Daily Challenge"... how long do you expect it to be available for completion? A week? Or maybe even longer?