(Build discussion) Geralt of riva build (jack of all trades fighter?)

When explaining the basics of pillars to my younger cousin he wanted to know if you could even create characters from other games, "like Geralt from Witcher". I liked the challenge of creating such a character, and I ran into problems, which is why I seek your help.

Right now the build only exists on paper, so forgive either little mistakes with character points or not remembering an obvious talent.

This is what I so far came up with:

So, obviously human.

M 16 (15 base +1 human)

C 10

D 15

P 12

I 14 (for spells)

R 10 (9 base +1 human)

No min maxing since Geralt should not be especially bad in any given stat. However, let's try to build him more offensive. Now, for a class, I thought of Fighter. That's because the fighter offers a solid base for what is to become a sort-of-witcher, since the class has high stats and doesn't require intensive talent-investments to be good.

The first challenge would be to recreate the witcher's spells. Due to cross-class-talents it seems doable.

Axii (mind control)-enigma's charm. What else to say?

Aard (telecinetic push)-a tougher one. Probably the lesser missiles fit best.

Quen (protection)-in the witcher, it absorbs hits for a certain time. Lets recreate that with the lesser holy radiance's healing

Yrden (magical trap)-the toughest one to recreate. Since it's the witcher's CC spell, let's go for aspirant's mark... It doesn't captured enemies but still weakens them, so let's go for it. Or perhaps tanglefoot scrolls... But I'd rather use talents than scrolls to be honest

Igni (fire)-the fan of flames scroll, so we need at least 2 lore

As for gear.... Two greatswords is mandatory, one with kith and one with beast slaying. And some medium armour... Perhaps scale?

So, does anybody have any ideas for this build? I need to proof pillar's diversity ;)

Thanks for any input :)

Edited by Ben No.3

Everybody knows the deal is rotten

Old Black Joe's still pickin' cotton

For your ribbons and bows

And everybody knows

Hello. I think, that the best way to make Geralt is cipher. He have native huge damage boost 40%, can effectively fight both melee and ranged, and have a various abilities many of them very similar with Wither magic. About stats, i suggest focus on Might for additional damage, Dexterity for quick casts and Resolve for concentration and less interrupts in a fight. So, stats may be:

M 16

C 10

D 15

P 12

I 10

R 15

Two great swords + arbalest (like in Witcher 3), and very handy for opening fights.

About abilities:

Axii - lvl 1 Whisper of Treason and rwo other powers on lvl3 and 5

Aard - level 1 power Mind Wave and lvl 2 Amplified Thrust

Quen - lvl 2 Psychovampiric Shield (drain int from enemies, increase deflection) and especcialy lvl 4 Pain Block - gives additional DR and restores stamina, just like original Witcher spell, as i remember.

Yrden - its hard to reply, bun i think lvl 2 Mental Binding works the similar way - AOE paralizes target + nearby enemies get Stuck. Or lvl 4 Silent Scream - Stun target + deals AOE raw damage to enemies.

Igni - its hardest to reply with native cipher powers, so it might be scrolls, as you already suggested - Fan of Flames and Ray of Fire.

As for armour, yes it might be scale or leather armor.

Aditionally, you can grab Novice Endurance at early levels (dont remember how it sound exactly) - its Figher ability to slowly restore endurance during the fight. And like Geralt regain his mana in time, cipher also gain his Focus in time he deals damage.

So we have a nearle perfect copy of Witcher. Good luck.

Seems like a good idea... But to be honest the cipher seems to be to much of a caster.... Witchers are supposed to basically be fighters/hunters who adapted certain basic magic (sry, I'm terrible when it comes to roleplay ;) )

And everybody knows

Generally, yes. But fighter lack of native magic which takes a great part in Witcher's combat. On the other side, cipher have good defences and acc for melee, and don't forget about his native +40% damage (if we take later Two Hands Weapon ability, we get another 15%) - more than enough power for melee fight with great sword + he might buff himself for defences and acc.

I already tried create Geralt and run from start to Guilded Vale - it's pretty fun and feels like Geralt. Need his voice for best RP,  but should able to replace some VA with Geralt voice from Wither's game i think. Just thoughts)
Look at it:
http://imgur.com/a/7a9Dz
http://imgur.com/a/r6nJ5
I also find good portraits for him and his...mmm...girlfriends) So your cousin can take Geralt and friends in adventure
Link for portraits on Google Drive: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9-LnW7l2TPFSmpKZWxUTUR2RTA

And sorry for some mistakes - English is not my first language.

As soon aus I get the Chance I will try both builds... Thank you! :)

Edit: Need! PC! Must! Try! Build!

Actual edit: for Igni: Lvl 3 cipher soul ignition

Edit 2: Turns out the fighter-cross-class-witcher is very viable. As for Igni, I am using the Sunbeam you get from a unique chainmail. It is very strong. Open every fight with good friend (crossbow), lesser missiles on trash mobs if necessary, aspirants mark for CC right at the start (both are per encounter), the malus on Res is very useful. Switch to Tidefall (greatsword). In case of casters/a lot of enemies use enigma's charm. If needed a sunbeam in the crowd. A lot of fun! High RP!

Edited by Ben No.3

And everybody knows