Class accuracy modifier +5 with Cipher

ildella

Question

11 answers to this question

Hi!

I just registered to the forum because I face the same problem.

My barbarian has an native accuracy of 15.

Other PC have also a modified ACC : Eder has 35 (!), Pallegina 25, Durance and Aloth 5 and Hiravias 20.

I have started a new game to check and the barbarian I created has 25, the fighter you go with during the intro has 30, so that sounds compliant with the game manual.

I can't find any save old enough where everyone got the accuracy they should have.

I really don't understand!

Did you manage to find a solution or at least the origin of the problem?

Thanks!

(PS : sorry for my english)

Could you post a savegame where you have the base accuracies as you described them above? You can use something like https://www.sendspace.com/ to upload it, see here for description of savegame location: https://forums.obsidian.net/blog/7/entry-175-location-of-save-games/

And could you go to an inn and try out two thing: if you respec your main character Barbarian and get him back to level 1, does the base accuracy go back to 25 or stay at 15? And similarly, if you create a barbarian hireling, does he get the correct base accuracy?

Thank you for your answer.

I was wrong actually, I have plenty of save games. I loaded several of them and this is interesting :

Save "A" : everything OK, everyone got his native accuracy

Save B, just 2 minutes after save A : Aloth goes from 20 to 5. The only thing that occurs between the 2 saves is a fight, so I guess Aloth receive a malus due to a disease or something in the fight, and that malus was permanently imputed in his native acc.

Save M, several hours later : durance is now 10 instead of 20 and... Aloth is back to 20!

Save Z, my last one : see my previous post.

So it is quite weird but apparently it is reversible, and can go both ways (Eder is 35 instead of 30).

Tomorrow I will check other saves to understand better. I will try your Inn things too.

Hi,

I uploaded 3 saves in the following link (I hope it will work for you because I play a french version of the game) :

https://www.sendspace.com/filegroup/d3zCPoNxxGr4QMN7YTbpxOo%2BqEvOjJK%2F

The save "A" and "B" are the ones described above. Before and after a fight, where Aloth gets seriously injured and ends with the little blood tear on his portrait (note that he should have 1 HP at this point but apparently loading these old saves refills his HP to 100%!). The little blood tear on his portrait gives him -15 accuracy. He has 35 accuracy in save A, and 5 in save B, meaning that the accuracy malus due to the blood tear actually occurs 2 times : both on the total calculation of accuracy and on his native accuracy.

Then you have save C, which is few minutes after save B, but after a rest. Aloth accuracy is back to normal (no more accuracy malus due to the blood tear and good native accuracy.

What is interesting is that if you try to do the same thing now, resting from save B, it didnt work anymore! The accuracy malus is cancelled of course, but the native accuracy stays at 5 instead of 20.

I did not search for the saves where my barbarian gets his 15 accuracy but I guess it is the same kind of problem.

So my interpretation is that we have a bug from at least 1 year and a half (when I first did theses saves) : when you got some malus it could possibly apply twice by modifying your native characteristic. Everything goes back to normal after a rest in the 2015 version of the game, but this is not the case anymore.

I only stated that for accuracy but my fear is that the same problem exists with others attirbutes.

Any help to get my heroes to their true level would be appreciated :)

I suspect that it's not really a bug (now, or at the time of saving), but actually just a save game incompatibility. The saves are from 6th of April 2015, so that's all the way back to v1.03. With the many changes since then, the structure of the same games in general or serialized objects in particular likely have changed such that they are not loaded correctly anymore. Or stats and temporary effects are added and removed differently, leading to incorrect values. Running your saves, I also get quite a few messages in the output_log.txt file that point to the game having a bit of trouble generally with these saves (and Eternity Keeper is simply refusing to load them at all). 

Presumably, at the time in Save B the base accuracy for Aloth was still fine, but is now loaded incorrectly. There's something odd going on there anyway: Aloth is Maimed yet his Health is at 100%, a combination that cannot really occur naturally. It's also not the Maimed affliction itself in some way. If I load save C and Maim Aloth, he still retains the correct 20 base accuracy.

I fear it is probably not going to be possible to fix the incorrect values (respeccing does nothing for it, in any case). You could try going on from a save game where all the base accuracies are as they're supposed to, but there's obviously no guarantee that there still isn't something off with the base accuracy or other stats that could manifest later. I think you're better off starting a new game instead; aside from avoiding this issue, there have also been quite a few changes in terms of balancing and abilities and such, which you could then take into account for your characters from the start.

Edited by Loren Tyr

Many thanks for your answer.

In fact I started to play the game in April 2015, and made a big pause between May 2015 and May 2016. So you are saying that the several game updates during this year got my 2015 saves not compatible with 2016 version ?

I can't load any saves that presents zero problem so last chance : I uploaded my last save on the link below, can you make anything with it ? What is Eternity Keeper ? The same thing that Shadow Keeper for Baldur's gate 2 ?

https://www.sendspace.com/file/qkkzw0

Thank you!

Eternity Keeper is a savegame editor like Shadow / Dale Keeper, yeah. Oddly, I was now able to load this save in it, so I set the accuracy values to their correct values. The resulting save game is nonsensically large (EK doesn't recompress them), but that shouldn't be a problem and will go away in new saves. 

Like I said though, there is no way to tell to if any other issues will surface. I wouldn't expect this accuracy issue to come back in this save (though can't be sure; if you do continue this save, I'd keep an eye on it), but there might be other stuff that's retained in the save game that doesn't match and/or is incompatible with the current game. One example of the former I noticed is that the Defender ability on Eder in your game still gives the base +10 to every Defense (they removed that since, so it shouldn't actually do that). 

Edit: helps if I add the link, of course: https://www.sendspace.com/file/6m2wje

Edited by Loren Tyr