Equipping dice causes game to exit

Pediatron

Question

So I got 2 dice sets in chests and decided to try them out with my story group of 6. I clicked on story, chose the group then clicked on the bottom right manage characters. Found the dice option no problem, got taken to the vault. There I found the option of six sets or blue and red dice along with one each of the new ones I got in the chests. Could easily move the characters to the dice and thought I was set. When I clicked back, it stalled for a moment on the pathfinder screen then kicked me back out to the main app page -- has done this each time I tried to equip dice. The dice did work for my quest party, but kicked me out every time in story mode. (Also for curiosity, if and when this does work will it keep them equipped or does this have to be done every time you play an adventure with those characters) 

PFID: 48D391306AE41F63  on IPAD air version 1

Edited by Pediatron

21 answers to this question

Got a couple new sets of dice and just tried to equip one character with a new set in story mode. Again, a pause on the general pathfinder screen then completely kicked out of game. Got back in, tried continue to see if maybe the dice had been equipped prior to the error, but no.  

Have had no problem equipping and using the dice in quest mode (although the different dice color for each character contributing to the combat does not work as others have mentioned)

Well, it is as I predicted: the introduction of non-gameplay "frippery" has introduced bugs that affect gameplay. We really need a robust platform to build on rather than a bunch of shiny toys that pretend to add value. I do wish that Obsidian would refocus their energies onto stuff that will be of long-term benefit, not short-term distraction.

Well, it is as I predicted: the introduction of non-gameplay "frippery" has introduced bugs that affect gameplay. We really need a robust platform to build on rather than a bunch of shiny toys that pretend to add value. I do wish that Obsidian would refocus their energies onto stuff that will be of long-term benefit, not short-term distraction.

This in no way affects the gameplay. Pediatron just cannot use said "frippery" for his game, everything else appears to run fine. And by fine, I mean as good as anyone else's game.

Got a couple new sets of dice and just tried to equip one character with a new set in story mode. Again, a pause on the general pathfinder screen then completely kicked out of game. Got back in, tried continue to see if maybe the dice had been equipped prior to the error, but no.  

Have had no problem equipping and using the dice in quest mode (although the different dice color for each character contributing to the combat does not work as others have mentioned)

Sorry you are having issues with the dice. Going to see if I can figure out what is going on.

What are the names of the dice you are trying to equip to your character? Which characters are you equipping them too? What scenario are you trying to start with the new dice? Can you take a screenshot of your dice equip screen for me right before you press the back button?

Thanks!

I got black, moss, light gray and pyrite. I tried them in various combinations on Ezren, Valeros, Seelah, Merisel, Lem and Seoni. No matter if i tried to add a single die to one character or split them up between -- if i was in story mode - i would be kicked out of entire game after a few moments of the main screen with Seoni fighting a monster when i clicked "Back". I tried to bypass by using gears to go to main menu but then dice choices were not saved. 

I have had no problems adding dice to these same characters in Quest mode.

post-165032-0-93408200-1471309277_thumb.jpg

Edited by Pediatron

I got black, moss, light gray and pyrite. I tried them in various combinations on Ezren, Valeros, Seelah, Merisel, Lem and Seoni. No matter if i tried to add a single die to one character or split them up between -- if i was in story mode - i would be kicked out of entire game after a few moments of the main screen with Seoni fighting a monster when i clicked "Back". I tried to bypass by using gears to go to main menu but then dice choices were not saved. 

I have had no problems adding dice to these same characters in Quest mode.

Thanks for the info looking into this now.

Can you delete that party (don't worry the characters will move over to the experienced character tab) and rebuild that party with the same characters. Then try assigning the dice to the characters and see if that work.s

Well that was an interesting experiment -- started the new party with the same characters. Got all the dice equipped, started a scenario (local heroes as a test scenario) -- don't actually know if the dice worked cause the first card with Ezren kicked me out of the game! LOL. (Just postponed the kick out!)

Well that was an interesting experiment -- started the new party with the same characters. Got all the dice equipped, started a scenario (local heroes as a test scenario) -- don't actually know if the dice worked cause the first card with Ezren kicked me out of the game! LOL. (Just postponed the kick out!)

So before it was kicking you to the main menu and now when you explore with dice equipped it is kicking you out of the game completely? -__-

It has always kicked me to the main ipad screen with my apps -- with my original party it was right when i hit the back button after equipping the dice. with the new party, I actually got to my first location, clicked on a card -- then back to main ipad app screen. I tried a different old party -- immediate kick out when hitting back.

If this is only happening to a few people -- just thought i should add that i did add in that new goblin character -- can't imagine that it is relevant but since it had such a big bug with that daily challenge, I thought i should mention it (guessing very few of your players managed to get the card at gencon)

Edited by Pediatron

This problem continues and gets more frustrating as I get more dice that I can't equip. The first time I made a new party with my current characters I was able to equip some new dice before it kicked me out at first card. Those dice choices have stayed but I can't change them.  Now I have tried again to make a new party with them -- they are locked when I try to make a new party (although that is what had worked when I did equip). When I delete the party and rebuild it, I get kicked out after the dice screen and it does not equip. Also should dice be grayed out when I go to the vault during game? 

Hope that a fix is being worked on. Disappointing to get new dice in chests that I can't use. Thanks.

6 player party. Can't equip dice without app crashing after selecting dice - brief splash screen, then bam. Colour available are the basic red+blue and 1x field green. Doesn't matter if I use the field green or not. It even started to crash without editing (just pressing back). Tried with other compositions, never had any issues with the dice before getting the green one.

One party works ( I can press back without crashing and have reds and blues mixed), and that's the one that has had set dice from before getting the green. Hm.

Backing out of dice page and going back in again instantly, also seems to crash the game - for the working party.

Changing between original dice (red & blue) for the working party allows me to back out - but doesn't save the change - unless I press the blue play button, go back to party management>dice. For the working party I can this way equip the green...

Not sure this is of any help. I can reproduce all of the above.

Just for curiosity, Pengw1n, did you happen to get the promo goblin golem? (trying to find any common ground between our issues)

thanks.

Sorry, I don't have access to the goblin gencon promo.

If it's related to characters - I have the addon pack, as well as Valeros and Ezren unlocked.

Also, I noted I can go the store and go back, and dice config is still there - after popping up the store, and the rules (and backpedaling), I managed to start a game with the dice configurated. Weird. Try if that helps?

My PFID is 4850C6CC3E2EF4DB - and I also run on an Ipaid Air 1 - incidentally?

Edited by Pengw1n
  • Like 1

This in no way affects the gameplay. Pediatron just cannot use said "frippery" for his game, everything else appears to run fine. And by fine, I mean as good as anyone else's game.
Oh well, at least the Devs are taking it seriously! ;)

Just tried deleting the multiple copies of some of my experienced characters to see if that helped. Still no go. I do hope this issue is on the agenda for patching, but I'm not sure if any of the developers have been able to reproduce it (sure wish I couldn't reproduce it over and over again). At least I get to see the dice in Quest mode. Wish I knew why the game treated story mode dice equip so differently!

Dice behaviour as mentioned above is back for me, has since gotten several new ones. One thing I noticed is that the last dice setting I had been playing with was gone, and it had reverted to the one before (where I only had 1 extra working dice) - and this I couldn't change without crashing. The "workaround" I managed by clicking through screens before backing out has not yet worked.

What I'm trying to work with:

Ezren - Blue (standard)

Vaelors - Red (standard)

Lini - Field Green (have 2 rest 1)

Seelah - White

Mersiel - Pink

Sajan - Cinnabar

All characters but Mersiel are "numbered" .

Edited by Pengw1n