I just discovered that this aura suppress the bonus dr from the food ( alcholics mainly). So it is useless from when you can buy the drink they served is stalwart and barely usless anyway, since you can buy cheap +2 dr beer from gilded vale. Was so also in past or was changed?

They're active/modal bonuses of the same type, those have always suppressed each other. That doesn't make the aura useless. Even if you didn't mind the tedium of having your entire party chug down a bottle of Ale / White Ynefer every 3 / 2 minutes, there's just not enough of the stuff available to do so. 

• Like 1

Sorry, actually i'm biased since i play mostly solo, so i'm used to eat something before most battles... At least drink, since +2 dr is quite powerful from beginning to the end of the game..

I agree that in a team is quite boring to do, but other than that Would have been much better if they stacked :)

I go always for +6 accuracy aura, that is the reason i never noticed this before...

Edited by Dr <3

Except that if they did stack then presumably everything would stack (I don't see a clear reason to make an exception for DR or for food, at any rate). This would result in smaller active/modal/equipment bonuses indeed becoming more useful, but conversely causing passive and weapon bonuses as well as larger active/modal/equipment bonuses becoming less powerful as well. 

So no, it probably wouldn't be much better if they stacked.

Looks like it. I've been testing it a bit just now for the Paladin and Ranger modals, they actually (mostly) visually cluster in the menu bar according to their group (see attached), which are as follows:

0) Penetrating Shot, Vulnerable Attack, Dangerous Implements, Shadow Step

1a) Zealous Charge, Zealous Endurance, Zealous Focus, (Zealous Barrage)

1b) Gallant's Focus, Swift Aim, Vicious Aim, Twinned Arrows, Powder Burns

2) Cautious Attack, Savage Attack, Defender, Guardian Stance

3) Take The Hit, Duality of Mortal Presence x2

4) Reckless Assault

5) Spiritshift

Only one ability can be active per group, with the exception of group 0; those can all be active at the same time. Not sure why Take The Hit, Reckless Assault and Spiritshift aren't in there as well. Groups 1a and 1b are a single group, but split in two for clarity since they don't overlap in practice anyway. Gallant's Focus is obviously a bad pick for a Ranger.

I think this is all of the modals, but let me know if I missed any. Then I'll add that too, so we have a complete list.

post-163298-0-70178200-1471117323_thumb.png

• Like 2

Yeah I took Zealous Endurance on my solo no-respec Paladin run, and now knowing about the beer stuff I kind of wish I didn't. The Zealous Charge/Zealous Focus combo seems a lot better as you can split a mob with Charge then just turn on Focus to take the guy out.

I'll stay the course anyway, and just recommend people take the opposite option if I post the class build - I've already written it but I wanted to wait until I took out something meaty like the Alpine Dragon before posting. Currently level 13 so hopefully I shouldn't be too far off.

If you examine the combat log in the following image, you'll see where the hit to graze conversion on Zealous Endurance saved Kana from getting pancaked in a similar manner to my MC.   It's usefulness when soloing may be iffy, but it's undeniably good for a team.

g5rMBlh.jpg

Edited by Climhazzard
  • Like 1