Quest Mode Card Feat Loss

kurtalb1

Question

After the latest update, I failed a five character scenario but still received experience (never happened after losing a scenario before). Two characters reached level 20 and the screen showed the reward "Card Feat". When I continued, it skipped the card feat selection screen and went directly to the card redistribution screen. The two characters have lost the opportunity for their card feats.

• Like 3

My Kyra lost a skill feat too, after the team lost a quest and gained experience and she jump a level... Bypassed the upgrade screen and went straigt to card management... Now she is 1 skill feat behind the rest. Any fix to get it back?

Samsung Galaxy Tab a, Android Mashmallow

To all you, check out the character completion tab. What does it say. Does it say that character has achieved reward X? Sound like there is conflict in the code so that you can only get reward if you completed scenario, but you still get XP, so your total can get past the reward point and that way cause the bug. A bug in anyway, but it would be nice to know why it is happening. Has anyone has this bug after succesfully advansing the XP tresshold?

Edited by Hannibal_PJV

To all you, check out the character completion tab. What does it say. Does it say that character has achieved reward X? Sound like there is conflict in the code so that you can only get reward if you completed scenario, but you still get XP, so your total can get past the reward point and that way cause the bug. A bug in anyway, but it would be nice to know why it is happening. Has anyone has this bug after succesfully advansing the XP tresshold?

We have mark what this character has achieve reward. After successed finishing scenario previosly reward not given to character, only next pack of XP.

My case, team of 4, I earned enough xp to get 2 levels, and none of gain applied. Achievement is checked anyway.

I tried with 2 characters, earned up only one level = things work well. (But I didn't get gold for victory in quest mode)

I hope this bug is moved to the top of the list for the developers. At this point I don't want to play in Quest mode anymore until it is fixed. My characters are mid level 24 and I don't want to take a chance of losing the power feat at level 25. (So story mode isn't much fun without new content and now quest mode is too dangerous to play -- GREAT!!!)

This happened to me where 2 characters passed level 10 in quest mode but I lost the scenario, so it gave me the XP, but skipped the rewards.  Luckily, when I went back and looked at the character screen, it looked like it doubled an older version of the 2 characters at level 8, so I was able to take those older 2 and replay them.  I don't know if the copying of those 2 characters was a result (or cause?) of the bug, but it wasn't anything I had done on purpose.  

This happened to me where 2 characters passed level 10 in quest mode but I lost the scenario, so it gave me the XP, but skipped the rewards.  Luckily, when I went back and looked at the character screen, it looked like it doubled an older version of the 2 characters at level 8, so I was able to take those older 2 and replay them.  I don't know if the copying of those 2 characters was a result (or cause?) of the bug, but it wasn't anything I had done on purpose.  

It is a bug mate. I have seen that too. The 'cloned' versions are funny, cause give you good stuff for other characters.. I also experienced 'revive' of characters I deleted weeks before... 

Anyway I don't play Quest for its instability. Too easy to lose everything you have built in hundreds of games or to get stuck or, now, to lose ability/power/card feet. The last patch has a lot of fix but the game needs an other couple of patches like that. And people (who paid for) are also waiting the expansions since months... So if the core debug is the first priority, the Quest mode is the last I suppose..

Edited by RedPred
  • Like 2

Most propably so... The quest mode has been all the time the less stable part of the game. It has huge potential as a Great enhancemet to the base game, but Also potential to new bugs.

So story mode will propably be the focal point next. It is very likely that we see new patch before next adventure, but after that the ad has to come out. The delay has been quite long.

Chiming in to say I also had this issue. Was playing with Merisiel and Kyra. Kyra died and then the Blessing stack ran out. Kyra got no XP, but Merisiel got hers and advanced to 10. It showed that she should get "Card Feat - Tier 1 Unlocked", but no actual reward was received.

Played another match later and Kyra hit 10 and did receive her card feat.

Hey folks,

I'm having the same issue but with my character's skills. I ended up making another post but I'll just copy and paste it here.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab A | VER-565-20160810 | PFID-7C2B84EC54878488

While playing quest mode, my party finally hit level 22 after many heartbreaking defeats. While it was good to finally reach that level, Merisiel ended up falling in battle and did not hit the level with the rest of the party outside of Amiri (19), who replaced a locked out one. One screen shows her with the lock by her name and the other doesn't but either way (13) Amiri is locked out. Needless to say, I was a bit displeased and disappointed, after hitting level 22, I did not get the reward. Since Meri was very close to 22, I took on another run and got her to 22, and she was able to add in her 3rd skill point the others did not get. As shown one of the screenshots below, Meri has +3 in skills, while Seelah is only at +2. I'm using Seelah to show the bug, however the same applies to Ezren, Kyra, and Lem as they are level 22 as well.

As stated in the title, I have included screenshots of what I'm seeing. How can this be resolved without having to uninstall -> reinstall -> start quest mode over from the beginning? Let's be honest, that's really not a "fix", that's called just starting over. Especially, after hours of grinding and getting some really good cards, I'd rather not lose all my progress. It's enough I had to start another Amiri due to the lock out bug but starting over from the beginning would be fairly disappointing to say the least.

I hate to say it but when users have to manually go make a backup copy of save game files. Since, they are not given an in-game option to make multiple save game files. In order to protect themselves against game breaking or progress losing bugs then there is a big disconnect that must be addressed.

http://imgur.com/a/Na2Gw

In my opinion, the fix for missing ability/power/card feat is quite easy. Really easy for a programmer just comparing effective unlocked elements with theoretical ones based on the character level, to activate then the missing unlocks. So, it's annoying but don't worry about recovery. It s more a scheduling problem I think. When will they code that? Before or after the AD4 release (already delayed since 3 months)?

Personally I hope AD4 first asap, because all the players will have several weeks to focus around Story scenarios and devs could focus and accelerate Quest mode issues. But a lot of players have also critical issues lately with crashes, so ... 

Yep. Hit level 22, progress agrees that I should have gotten a skill feat, but I did not. Verify they have only 2 per character when they should have 3. 

It takes a considerable amount of time to level, and then to miss out on an important reward of any type... and from what I've seen with the card feat "fix" prior, there's no way to retroactively provide the rewards.  I'm not doing that all again just to potentially lose it all again.

6 characters missing a skill feat. 

I used to be an advocate. Now I just think I'm done.

• Like 1

Just hit the issue again and sent another email to support. The response was Good news/Bad News:

Good News: They have a fix and it will be in the next Patch

Bad News: The fix won't be retroactive. As in, you need to STOP PLAYING QUEST MODE RIGHT NOW, to avoid further screwage. Email excerpt below.

Fortunately we are aware of the issue and have already fixed the issue on our end. The fix will go out in the next patch. Unfortunately there is no easy fix for this as it won't be retroactive. The only way to correct the issue is to make a new character and re-level them. Apologies for the inconvenience. If you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to let me know.

Thank you for your support and have a great weekend!

I instlled patch yesterday(my french time). I start with 3 news heroes. I failed but acquired enough experience to normally get the first skill feat... but the problem is the same : I can t choose skills to develop so I lost gains of level but achievemebt is checked.

I can confirm that forfeiting challenge if you are not going to beat the villian will stop you from gaining any experience and thus you won't lose out on the feat reward. Not a great option, but I at least felt comfortable enough to play knowing that I had an option to avoid the permanent loss. 

• Like 3