Unable to start new party after tutorial -game breaking

Aeriston

Question

after beating tutorial my character screen is all messed up and im unable to create a party. Ive tried eveything i can to remove the game but it retains that. Any ideas on how i can fix this or just delete the cloud data. Im using a fully ipdated ipad air.

Going into further detail my characters have no name, no skills and no cards. If i drag them down nothing happens. Ive unistalled and logged out but nothing changes. Ive played the tutorial over but same issue when i go to create a party.

PFID 175E6ACBF02D2F59

Edit:  I also loaded the game brand new on an IPad Mini under my wife's gamecenter ID.  I completed the tutorial and the same issue happened.  So its not my account or my Ipad.  Has anyone been able to start a new game since new update from scratch as a brand new player?

Edited by Aeriston
  • Like 2

Hey guys,

The patch is in review right now so it should be up within the end of the day. The fix will be retroactive, so you won't have to do anything. BUT! If you can't wait for the patch, you can just reinstall the app and you can continue off right after the tutorial.

You can find the patch notes here: http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/88700-patch-notes-for-update-1038/

Hope that helps!

• Like 2

I have the exact same problem. I'm stuck and I can't even play the game past the tutorial and uninstalling and reinstalling the game isn't helping.

• iPad OS version 9.3.4 (latest)
  • Model: iPad 4th generation (A1458)
  • PFID-A1CD5119CCC4BF84

Basically I finished the tutorial and it was telling me how I unlocked the PF rogue and cleric. Then took me to the party screen but I'm unable to add party members. The "..." is highlighted although when I perform any of the actions (including deleting a character), nothing happens.

Anyway, I can't play this game which is really disappointing considering I just spend $35+ on it and I'm a huge fan of Pathfinder and the PFACG.

Hopefully this can be resolved soon.

Thanks,

Jason

Edited by Easysteps

So a new bug. I may try to reproduce it with not so often used device, but it Sounds like new patch has broken something in the tutorial.

You get pfid by pressing the Settings button in the Main screen. It is very usefull to dev because They can study your cloud save file and based on those findings make a bug fixes.

Edited by Hannibal_PJV

Hmm, curiously, it sas PFID-User Not Logged In Yet, even though at the top it says "Logged in to GooglePlayGames". Could this have to do with the cause of the bug? Or is it simply because the tutorial is not finished?

Also, VER-565-20160810

And lastly, here is a picture of how the party creation screen often looks when having this issue:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bzsgi13piFSpcTRHTlYwb0YwVmc/view?usp=sharing

I am having the same problem that after the tutorial it goes to the team building and I can't do anything, character portraits overlap, no stats, every character is at level 2, and can't progress past there. My version # is ver-565-20160810. PFID- user not logged in yet. Am logged in to Google play

I am having the same issue. Very frustrating as i just paid real world cash. Is there any knowledge of this being fixed in the near future? If not, how do people get refunds?

Yep and I bought 30 days of gold, which isn't working, and is also ticking away in time. Can we get something free considering I haven't been able to play for the last 4 days?

I am having the same issue. Same characteristics. It's incredibly frustrating. I can replay the tutorial, but I can never start a new team. They don't register, even though I have purchased the bundle. I am playing on an iPad 4 with the most recent update.

Has anyone received word on how to fix this? Or when a fix is coming, or if all else is not happening, how do I get a refund...

I posted the same problem in a separate thread. Super frustrating to spend money on a game that won't let you play it. I have heard great things about the iPad version and enjoyed playing the hard copy version, but this is the kind of thing that ruins a brand for people. A fix needs to be lightning fast.

I posted the same problem in a separate thread. Super frustrating to spend money on a game that won't let you play it. I have heard great things about the iPad version and enjoyed playing the hard copy version, but this is the kind of thing that ruins a brand for people. A fix needs to be lightning fast.

Frustrating has hell, agreed.  I'm assuming this is a Monday morning priority and the coders aren't going home until it's fixed today.  Obsidian is a premier developer so I'm expecting it to be handled shortly....don't make me a liar Obsidian.

Edited by BrChuck

After a lot of testing, I'm 99 percent sure this bug is caused by playing the tutorial. Which is why existing players are able to create new parties just fine.  I appears after you complete the tutorial, the bard and fighter get bugged and overlap into the new party screen.  They also show up as experienced characters and cause all characters to show up as level 2 and bugged.  I wonder if any existing players actually played the tutorial again if it would bug out there new character screen as well.

Bottom line, is a response from the devs would be appreciated at this time. Basically the game was left in an unplayable state by any new players since Friday.

• Like 2