Missing Cards

icantfallasleep

Question

HI all, please forgive my ignorance of the latest patches and fixes. I have conducted a search on the forums for some of these cards and have not found much to clarify my concerns.

I have opened over 800 chests so far. The number may actually be closer to 1000, but at this point, I have lost count. There are still cards I am missing. Not many, but still some. And I would like the community's perspective on if this is normal, a bug and if you have obtained these cards through playing the game or through a chest and if it's even possible to get these cards through a chest.

1. Winged Shield of Storms (Gold)
  2. Death Initiative (Gold)
  3. Dragon Smiter (Gold)
  4. Pathfinder Venture-Captain (Gold)
  5. Black Arrow Longbow (Purple)
  6. Legion Armor (Gold)
  7. Bounty of Desna (Gold)
  8. Bounty of Torag (Gold)
  9. Squire (Bronze)
  10. Engineer's Work Gloves (Gold)
  11. Challenging Shield (Gold)
  12. Flaming Returning Throwing Axe +1 (Gold)
  13. Silent Enforcer (Gold)
  14. Healing Poultice (Gold)
  15. Samisen (Purple)

How do I obtain these cards? Have you gotten them? Seems like my luck is either extremely low after a ridiculous amount of chests or they may be bugged.

I have also heard that the random is keyed by date, so if you open a lot of chests on the same date you will likely not get cards outside of certain ones and it's better to open a few each day? Is that legit? That kind of seems like a terrible implementation if that is the case.

Please help/advise.

8 answers to this question

HI all, please forgive my ignorance of the latest patches and fixes. I have conducted a search on the forums for some of these cards and have not found much to clarify my concerns.

I have opened over 800 chests so far. The number may actually be closer to 1000, but at this point, I have lost count. There are still cards I am missing. Not many, but still some. And I would like the community's perspective on if this is normal, a bug and if you have obtained these cards through playing the game or through a chest and if it's even possible to get these cards through a chest.

3. Dragon Smiter (Gold)
  5. Black Arrow Longbow (Purple)
  6. Legion Armor (Gold)
  9. Squire (Bronze)
  15. Samisen (Purple)

How do I obtain these cards? Have you gotten them? Seems like my luck is either extremely low after a ridiculous amount of chests or they may be bugged.

I have also heard that the random is keyed by date, so if you open a lot of chests on the same date you will likely not get cards outside of certain ones and it's better to open a few each day? Is that legit? That kind of seems like a terrible implementation if that is the case.

Please help/advise.

This is odd, if those are the only ones. The list of cards not yet implemented (search the threads around) shoud've been considerably longer, IIRC. Unless they were snuck in without mention from the devs, bu that seems unlikely...

From your list:

I have a couple of Flaming Returning Axes and Squires, so just bad luck I guess.

The Samisen and Black Arrow Longbow are awarded when you complete on Legendary all scenarios from the Base and #3 Adventures, respectively.

• Like 1

You can use the 'Mark Solved' button beneath a post that answers your topic or confirms it's not a bug.

The time that devs don't have to spend on the forum is a time they can spend on fixing the game.

When I look through my gallery, filter by "Treasure" and go through each deck (B, 1, 2, 3, ...) and go through all card types (Weapons, Spells, Armor, ...) these are the only ones that appear that are blank.

I'm assuming you're referring to the much longer list of cards that used to appear that the devs said they would fix. If you're talking about that, I agree with you, I had no idea they fixed it and any information about the fix is very hard to find.

I took a shot on a whim to open more chests and unlocked a few I was missing, but I am still missing these 15.

At least I know now because of you that the Squire and the Flaming Returning Throwing Axe +1 are able to be had through chests, and the Samisen and Black Arrow Longbow are campaign rewards, not chest rewards.

If the community can chime in about the other cards, I'd appreciate knowing before opening up other chests.

Also if anyone has a link to the official news of fixing all those originally bugged chest cards, I'd love to read the official statement/patch/release notes.

3. Dragon Smiter (Gold)
  5. Legion Armor (Gold)
  6. Bounty of Desna (Gold)
  7. Bounty of Torag (Gold)
  8. Engineer's Work Gloves (Gold)
  9. Challenging Shield (Gold)
  10. Flaming Returning Throwing Axe +1 (Gold)
  11. Silent Enforcer (Gold)

These were all added ini the 1.0.3.5 patch. I can confirm the bottom 6. I also think that some of the Legendaries are weighted heavier. There is a very high chance of getting duplicates before all of them show up, but when 2 legendaries have shown-up more than all the others combined, those beliefs tend to happen.

As for the squire, I am also missing it and there is some decent insight here from a non-dev. https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/87611-chest-drop-issue-has-anyone-unlock-these-cards-in-gallery/?p=1834564

And one of the devs confirmed treasure drops were purely RNG, but this isn't to say the RNG is not broken. https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/88287-certain-treasure-cards-during-certain-weeks/?do=findComment&comment=1833365

• Like 1

I can also confirm legion armor. But my gallery is all kinds of bugged after the patch, so they might have to roll me back which will be really sad.

EDIT: Gallery appears to be in working order again, can also confirm Death Initiate as well as lots of squires. I do think Squire was bugged pre-patch, but I got a lot when opening chests for dice.

Edited by firestormkirby

3. Dragon Smiter (Gold)
  5. Black Arrow Longbow (Purple) *
  6. Legion Armor (Gold)
  9. Squire (Bronze)
  15. Samisen (Purple) *

*Through Legendary Story mode

I have gotten the ones in golden text.

Still wait for Patch 1.0.3.7 Banana Bundle :getlost:

3. Dragon Smiter (Gold)
  5. Black Arrow Longbow (Purple) *
  6. Legion Armor (Gold)
  9. Squire (Bronze)
  15. Samisen (Purple) *

*Through Legendary Story mode

I have gotten the ones in golden text.

Since I posted this, and since the latest update, I have gotten some of these cards as well.

The only cards I am still missing are 

1. Bounty of Desna (Gold)
  2. Silent Enforcer (Gold)
  3. Death Initiative (Gold)
  4. Dragon Smiter (Gold)
  5. Pathfinder Venture-Captain (Gold)

I believe the 

1. Samisen (Purple)
  2. Skinsaw Mask (Purple)
  3. Black Arrow Longbow (Purple)

Are all quest rewards.

Has anyone gotten the