Patch Notes for Update 1.0.3.7! The Patch is Live!

So, do the dice REPLACE a card in the chest, or are they in addition?  Is there a chance we'll lose out on our rare card?

I love the idea of dice skins, but not enough to lose cards over.

"I need a lie-down" is the new "I'll be in my bunk..."

I can confirm they replace a card. I opened 20 chests and got 2 dice skins, both of them were just basic white. In both cases the chest also had a purple card. Not sure if dice skins themselves have rarity though. Was hoping for some of the more interesting skin designs.

They do replace a card and have rarities like cards. I haven't gotten the rarest ones yet, but I'm pretty sure they add special effects.

Also I think they changed the drop rate, I've gotten 2 chests now with 3 epic cards, never had that before the patch.

Treasure Chest Improvements!

Just for clarity a dice skin can take up a card slot.  The percentage of getting a skin (and you should only ever possibly get one in a single chest unless it is a bug) is roughly 50% for a single one of the four drop spots.  If a die does drop, it then goes through the RNG on which one it will be.  Without going into specific percentages I can say that some of those Legendary dice take legendary luck but there about three dozen different types of varying rarity available right now.

I think there are 3 legendary dice sets. If you look at all the dice in the Gallery there are 3 sets that have a non static "color."

There Are Also some that has subtle movement in them, like the dig dice. So there Are at least:

- basic colours

- special Colour

- animated colours

- dice with outside of dice effect.

And if there really Are something like 3 dosen different rarities... Well some dice Are really special.

This update looks great! Thanks as always for your hard work, dev team. :)

One thing that worries me is the continued lack of any word from Obsidian on the deck-building issue post-AD3. This was a big thing when AD3 came out, yet it somehow seems to have fallen under everyone's radar! Neither of my parties could choose anything but basics from the box when deckbuilding between scenarios in AD3, and if that issue is still there in AD4, it's going to be a major handicap.

I just tested this and while in AD3 and needing to replace a card, I can see all AD1 and below cards. If you last completed a scenario lower than AD3, then the game treats you as though you are there and you will only see basics. Intended or not, I am not sure, but does not appear to be a bug of any kind.

I got a couple of the dice sets but when I add the dice to my characters it throws me out of the game (back to the main ipad app screen) -- tried this multiple times in story mode. Was really curious to see the dice in play.

Worked ok for me. I have everyone with different colour dice. I had hoped you would see multiple dice colours e.g. if Ezren added a Toxi cloud to Seelahs test. What actually happens is all dice the the active characters dice colour. Cute but nothing to rave about Edited by Matsu Kurisu
  • Like 1

------------------------------------------------------------

Playing with

iPad mini 4th Gen iOS 10.3.3

Primary party

MERISIAL, EZREN, LINI, SEELAH

I had hoped you would see multiple dice colours e.g. if Ezren added a Toxi cloud to Seelahs test. What actually happens is all dice the the active characters dice colour. 

Well that's disappointing!  I had thought likewise based on the screenshot.

Have the devs considered using the dice skin specific to a hero whenever his/her dice are added to the current hero's check?

I got a couple of the dice sets but when I add the dice to my characters it throws me out of the game (back to the main ipad app screen) -- tried this multiple times in story mode. Was really curious to see the dice in play.

Worked ok for me. I have everyone with different colour dice. I had hoped you would see multiple dice colours e.g. if Ezren added a Toxi cloud to Seelahs test. What actually happens is all dice the the active characters dice colour. Cute but nothing to rave about

I think this is a bug.

They stated that the dice added to others' checks would be different colours, that was one of the points of the dice.

I'm getting the same thing. Ezren's Toxic cloud, and Valeros' Fighter Helping Hand, give Kyra the same colour as Kyra was already using.

Definitely a bug.

• Like 3

I think there are 3 legendary dice sets. If you look at all the dice in the Gallery there are 3 sets that have a non static "color."

You appear to be correct.

And if there really Are something like 3 dosen different rarities...

There are three dozen dice skins in total, which pretty much fall into the usual tiers (uncommon/rare/epic/legendary).

Well some dice Are really special.

Yes. A fun question for someone to answer would be: "You said three dozen, but I only count 35 and there's a blank spot, what gives?"   ;)

For those who may still be obsessing about whether the dice are taking away "good cards" from chests, my first haul since installing the update included a set of Teal-colored dice and my very first legendary card (Legion Armor if you must know).

As a side note, I really like that the buttons appear much larger on my screen now. That may actually be my favorite improvement! Nothing ruins a game quicker than accidentally touching the wrong option because you didn't aim at the screen perfectly with your sausage-fingers. ;)

Also I think they changed the drop rate, I've gotten 2 chests now with 3 epic cards, never had that before the patch.

For those who may still be obsessing about whether the dice are taking away "good cards" from chests, my first haul since installing the update included a set of Teal-colored dice and my very first legendary card (Legion Armor if you must know).

I too think the drop rates have been relaxed. Bought 20 chests after the update, got three legendary cards and several epics.

Anyone can tell me how much is the Character AddOn now? I have purchased it some time ago for full price, so I want to know, how hard should I hit my head against the table :p

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours