Patch Notes for Update 1.0.3.7! The Patch is Live!

tumblr_n90ob2H8ZQ1tgncqpo1_1280.jpg

Update 1.0.3.7 is currently in review and should be out soon (barring approvals)!

But what's in this update? Glad you asked!

NEW

We have a couple of awesome new features we're bringing to Pathfinder Adventures that we can't wait for you to get your hands on!

Dice Skins

Dice skins are now available in game! You have a chance of acquiring them from treasure chests and can hold a maximum of 6 copies of each skin.

• Dice Skins have several recolors, and some have special visual effects.
  • Dice Skins are equipped on characters.
  • When you acquire more than 6 instances of the same Dice Skin, it will be automatically salvaged for gold.
  • Dice limits are on a party basis - so dice equipped in Party 1 are available for characters in Party 2.
  • You can view the new Dice Skins in the Gallery.
  • You can only equip new skins on characters from the Character Selection page.  Expand the ellipsis (...) next to the character and select dice to be taken to the dice equip screen.

Daily Challenges

Daily Challenges are now available!  Once a day, a new challenge will be available for you to complete for bonus gold.

• The current Daily Challenge can be viewed on the Main Screen.
  • A popup will appear showing your total progress whenever you complete a step toward the goal.
  • Rewards are granted instantly upon completion.
  • Daily Challenges reset every day at 5pm, PST.  Make sure you complete it before then!

Now to get on to the rest of the fixes starting of course, with our Top Community Issues!

TOP COMMUNITY ISSUES

As always, these are issues you have all helped to bring to our attention here on our forums. We can't thank you enough for your feedback on the game! These 3 issues have been the most discussed here and these, along with many more, will be fixed when 1.0.3.7 goes live!

• Quest Mode: A fix has been implemented for a rare issue that could make a story mode save load when trying to load quest mode.  This fix does not resolve existing issues with the saves. 
  • Quest Mode: An issue where the game would lock up when acquiring a spell reward has been resolved.  People experiencing this issue should now be able to proceed normally.
  • Store: Characters: You can now properly view character powers in the store's "see more" section.

OTHER FIXES

And now for the rest of the fixes we've addressed in this patch, broken down by type!

Progression Breaks
  • Goblin Warchanter: Fixed a progression break that could occur if a display spell was played during the wisdom roll.
  • Story Mode: Crow Bait: Fixed a progression break that could occur if taking damage from a summoned monster when the Blood in the Sand wildcard is active.
  • Tutorial: Fixed some issues that could prevent loading a tutorial save.
  • Quest Mode: Fixed some issues that caused progression breaks, including one that could occur if Warrens was the last open location.
  • Tickwood Boar: Fixed a rare progression break caused by the Tickwood Boar's BYA check.
  • Brodert Quink: A progression break that could occur when played after an encounter has been resolved.

Cards

• Brooch of Shielding: Can now correctly be recharged for non-combat damage.
  • Flasks: Dice now correctly only apply to characters at the current location.
  • Medusa Mask: Can no longer be used on the Donkey Rat's summon.
  • Gale Armor: You can now properly recharge other magic armors after using Gale Armor's end of turn power.
  • Giantbane Battleaxe +1: Now properly adds a d10 when used against Giants.
  • Graul Ogrekin Henchmen: Text issues with the auto roll power fixed.
  • Mail of Escape: Can now be recharged at the end of turn when in discard phase.
  • Poog of Zarongel: No longer plays the banish animation when buried.
  • Skull Ripper: Now properly restricts wands.
  • Strength: Card art has been updated.
  • Superior Leather Armor: Damage is now mitigated correctly when using recharge/bury powers.

Character
  • Ezren: Expanded spellbook now properly activates from Display cards.
  • Lem: Loot now properly adds to his hand when selected as his favored card.
  • Sajan: Reload now properly recharges discarded bows.
  • Seelah: Fixed a minor visual issue that made the helper glows disappear when using Inspired Grace.
  • Valeros: Weapon Supremacy now properly applys to ranged discards used to aid another's check.

Gameplay

• Rules: If a non proficient character plays a display spell on the final turn of the scenario, the spell is now properly banished.
  • Rules: You should no longer be able to play two cards of the same type on the same check (unless they state otherwise).

General

• Cards: Contextual Buttons that show when zooming in on a card now appear in more instances (such as being forced to bury a card from discard).
  • Crow Bait: Fixed an issue where the Scout's BYA power could trigger the scenario power.

Locations

• General Store: Fixed an issue that could grant extra items to the location when closed.
  • Turtleback Ferry: At Location power now works in Here Comes the Flood.
  • Farmhouse: Off-turn characters playing allies to aid a check at the Farmhouse no longer get their allies buried.
  • Shimmerglens: Now properly allows you to choose to not reset your hand.

Permadeth

• Fixed an issue where dead characters could be used in new parties.

Quest Mode

• Character Icons on Character Selection will now show the current level of the character.

Store

• Treasure: Some additional fixes have been made to prevent the chest opening animation from breaking.
  • Gold: Updated description of Daily Gold to better clarify how it works.

UI

• Audio Sliders: An issue making it difficult to move the sliders has been resolved
  • Character Sheet: UI issue that sometimes occurred when a character had +4 to a skill has been fixed.
  • Legendary Difficulty: Lines should now better behave when moving around the map
  • Locations: You can now zoom in on cards that summon others (Skeleton Horde, Goblin Raid, Zombie Nest, etc)
  • Rewards: You can now zoom in on awarded cards

As always, please share your feedback here on our forum. We welcome all of it! If you find any issues while playing, let us know in our Technical Support Forum!

Also, if you haven't done so yet and have an opinion about the game, don't forget to rate it on Google Play and the Apple App Store. Your reviews and feedback help us out greatly!
  • Like 2

On Twitter @MikeyDowling

Rules: If a non proficient character plays a display spell on the final turn of the scenario, the spell is now properly banished.

That was not an error. If a card was to be banished at the end of the turn, and the end of the turn did not occur because of victory or defeat, the card should not be banished but instead be brought into the deckbuilding phase.

Rules: If a non proficient character plays a display spell on the final turn of the scenario, the spell is now properly banished.

That was not an error. If a card was to be banished at the end of the turn, and the end of the turn did not occur because of victory or defeat, the card should not be banished but instead be brought into the deckbuilding phase.

Sadly it was an error... this is relevant entry from Wrath of Righteous FAQ (the current valid rules set):

"I displayed a card that tells me to banish it at the end of the turn, but I won the scenario so my turn never ends. I get to keep the card, right?

Nice try, but no.

Resolution: On page 17 of the rulebook, under "Ending a Scenario, Adventure, or Adventure Path, replace "Once you’ve played a scenario, whether you won or lost, rebuild your character deck (see Between Games, below). Put all other cards back into the box" with the following:

After you complete a scenario, if any displayed boons could be banished or removed from the game when a certain condition is met (such as the end of an encounter, the end of a turn, or a location closing), treat them as if that condition is occurring. Then put all cards other than boons back in the box. Next, rebuild your character deck (see Between Games, below). Finally, put any remaining cards back in the box."

Those were not mentioned, so propably not jet. That level 30 reward was fixed in 1.03x fix or something if I don't remember wrong though... Or at least it was suposed to be fixed.

We need bug database where we can check out the status of known bugs. With some progress info:

- looking for more info / under investigation

- waiting for the fix / in the line for fixing

- under fix / work in prosess

- internally fixed

- fixed in patch xxxx

Edited by Hannibal_PJV
  • Like 1

Hmmm...

No mention of:

1) locked Quest characters (my biggest blocker to being able to play the game as I have three locked characters)

2) "Examine" button not available when viewing off-turn character (my biggest UI issue)

3) Broken Treasure item distribution that means that I have (for instance) 6 Kohl, but no other Item treasure at that level despite having bought around 30 chests

4) post-quest cards review highlights new card *types* for the character, not new card *instances*

TBH I think the game needs more focus on fixing things and establishing a solid, stable baseline for moving on with Adventure Packs than it needs new non-gameplay features such as pretty dice.

Edited by mccrispy
  • Like 1

Hmmm pretty dice has been under development a long time, so it is naturally that it will become available at some point.

Ofcourse the dev is doing everything to fix problems because they hinder other upgrades. They just happen to have team members that do the art and visual effects and They have team members who do hard coding, and They have team members who develop new quest and other stuff. So while some departments Are fixing, some other keep on going forward. So Expect to see a guite a lot Bling bling before all bug Are fixed just because different peoples do different things in their team.

Very cool!

Is it sad that I'm excited about dice skins though?   :geek:

I feel the same way, haha.  I am also curious about the "Daily Challenges".  I'm generally not one for the "Daily" stuff, but since I actually do play this game at least once a day, I'm wondering how this will work.

• Like 2

I second the question about Merisiel banishing Blessings with her role power.

You can use the 'Mark Solved' button beneath a post that answers your topic or confirms it's not a bug.

The time that devs don't have to spend on the forum is a time they can spend on fixing the game.

Hmmm pretty dice has been under development a long time, so it is naturally that it will become available at some point.

Ofcourse the dev is doing everything to fix problems because they hinder other upgrades. They just happen to have team members that do the art and visual effects and They have team members who do hard coding, and They have team members who develop new quest and other stuff. So while some departments Are fixing, some other keep on going forward. So Expect to see a guite a lot Bling bling before all bug Are fixed just because different peoples do different things in their team.

Sure, understood. I'd just rather have more devs focussed on producing a solid, stable platform and fewer on developing "frippery" that will inevitably introduce its own bugs.

Edited by mccrispy

Keep in mind that 'developers' are not a faceless, interchangeable resources. A project like the dice skin is mostly going to be assigned to artists and renderers, not people who're being 'taken away' from rules/programmatic bug fixes or developers of the new content. In all likelihood the 'frippery' as you put it was something for people who otherwise wouldn't have work to do. Now, there _might_ be some bottleneck in the QA department, but it's not likely a significant portion.

I admit that I'm vaguely annoyed that I won't be able to enjoy the dice skins yet, as I won't spend gold on treasure chests until AD4 and the new items come out... but that's a personal resource optimization choice that I'm bringing on myself. ;)

• Like 1

This update looks great! Thanks as always for your hard work, dev team. :)

One thing that worries me is the continued lack of any word from Obsidian on the deck-building issue post-AD3. This was a big thing when AD3 came out, yet it somehow seems to have fallen under everyone's radar! Neither of my parties could choose anything but basics from the box when deckbuilding between scenarios in AD3, and if that issue is still there in AD4, it's going to be a major handicap.

Problem!

When you start the game, it says your version is incorrect, but when you go to the app store, there is no update available.

This is at 3pm PT on Friday using Android devices.

Edited by PinkRose

Problem!

When you start the game, it says your version is incorrect, but when you go to the app store, there is no update available.

This is at 3pm PT on Friday using Android devices.

It could be due to your device trying to get a version from a store that hasn't been updated yet. Try again in a few more minutes to see if the store is refreshed.

On Twitter @MikeyDowling

Yeah, at 4:37 PT in the Play store  I see version 1.0.3.6.3 available.  If I open the game I have no idea what version I have but I am getting the update messaging.  Not sure how that was implemented, but it seems there is a design disconnect between the estimated availability date and the actual date.  Maybe next time you could verify the update is available before blocking me from playing.  Now I can't play the game :(  I hate the online required design of PA.  I don't know why it's necessary, but I love the game itself so much I can usually overlook the problem.  Now I'm not allowed to do that.  This is a bigger issue for me than most I've run into so far.

• Like 1

Add info you find/want to the Pathfinder Adventures wiki

Ah, awesome! So the App calls home and gets told that it's out of date. But they threw the switch on that before ensuring that the update had replicated to all the Google Play distribution mirrors. Great. Presumably there is some back-end change that requires that the client is up to date so they had to make the switch simultaneously and globally. Unfortunately it doesn't appear that the Google system supports that approach.