Can't add Aloth to party & can't enter 2nd floor of Brighthollow

nornaidel

Question

I'm not sure whether these two bugs are related, or separate, but I will report both in the same post.

1. Aloth can't join the party

If I try to add Aloth to the party he will appear as an allied NPC that I can talk to, but he doesn't show up in the party. E.g., I can't view his inventory or profile etc. Also, he has no clothes.

This only occurs with Aloth, all other party members work fine. If I try to add other party members together with Aloth, they may or may not show up in the party.

2. Can't enter 2nd floor of Brighthollow

If I try to go to the second floor of Brighthollow in Caed Nua, the game takes me back to the main menu and notifies me that "There was an error loading the next map. Returned to Main Menu to prevent save game corruption".

A link with a save, as well as the Player.log-files when I attempt to do either of the aformentioned can be found here.

3 answers to this question

The post which contains the fix: https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/88124-game-breaking-bug-cannot-change-party-303/?p=1829224

Will mark this as solved, though I'm not sure I agree that buying and installing the expansions is a valid fix.

We have a fix for this issue that will retroactively fix previous saves effected by it. You do not need to buy the DLC if you are okay with waiting for the next patch. I just wanted to state that if you do not want to wait for the next patch, you can buy the DLC and it will fix the issue.

- Sking