The US Election 2016, Part V

Pidesco

So if I am supposedly speaking for others, what was I saying?

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Teacher: I want you to write your names on your papers.

Student: Should we put it on the top right hand corner?

Not speaking for the class, just asking a general question about what the teacher wants for the class.

Teacher: I want you to write your names on your papers.

Student: We want to write our names on the top right hand corner.

Speaking for the class.

Even if the man were trying to speak for the forum, the question is still a general questions about how we, the readers, are expected to see the cartoon. Kind of clever in that the cartoon is open to interpretation. You can see it as racist if you want, tho people see anything as racist if that's what they want.

As a bear in winter, so must I too hibernate soon.

We as in the people reading the forum. Not sure what the family remark is about but oh well.

Speak for yourself. You don't speak for me.

He speaks for the collective.  You are we, we are you.  

Resistance is futile.    All will  be assimilated.  

Edited by kgambit

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

We as in the people reading the forum. Not sure what the family remark is about but oh well.

He speaks for the collective. You are we, we are you.

Well as long as we are alike in one very strong way.

I speak of course of our hatred of Jose Mourinho.

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I think everyone on this forum should share my views on politics  and support my general sentiment on matters like SJ, this would make debates much less complicated and then we really would all have similar views and get on like that much debated  but allusive and metaphorical "  forum family  " objective we aspire to achieve  :aiee:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I think everyone on this forum should share my views on politics  and support my general sentiment on matters like SJ, this would make debates much less complicated and then we really would all have similar views and get on like that much debated  but allusive and metaphorical "  forum family  " objective we aspire to achieve  :aiee:

• Like 1

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

But lets say on this forum we had to decide on an  overall ideological view around things like politics and SJ, so that means you have to support one forum members views where reasonable...so this has got nothing to do with personal life choices like who you date or how you should be spending your salary

At least my views can be justified and explained and are based on current and historical metrics, even if you disagree at least my views are logical  :geek:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

But lets say on this forum we had to decide on an  overall ideological view around things like politics and SJ, so that means you have to support one forum members views where reasonable...so this has got nothing to do with personal life choices like who you date or how you should be spending your salary

At least my views can be justified and explained and are based on current and historical metrics, even if you disagree at least my views are logical  :geek:

Sounds like we are having an WoT US Election Thread.... election. And Bruce is running. Then allow me to nominate another outspoken forum member, WoD.

WoD vs Bruce for the philosophical presidency of the WoT forum. I can't wait for the debate!

• Like 2

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Sounds like we are having an WoT US Election Thread.... election. And Bruce is running. Then allow me to nominate another outspoken forum member, WoD.

WoD vs Bruce for the philosophical presidency of the WoT forum. I can't wait for the debate!

:lol:

This post really made me laugh 

John Milton 

Vote for nobody, rise up as men and shape your own destinies with pride over your achievements.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Actually, I'm the one with real power around here so the thread is now locked.

You can continue talking about fake elections here, though.

• Like 1

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat: