The US Election 2016, Part V

Pidesco

Golly Gee Willikers! He done gone native!

CqLefJjWcAAf9xd.jpg

CqLvou5WgAAIUVZ.jpg

CqLwXjCXYAA2IDX.jpg

I guess all Americans should vote for Mr. Trump now!

I see, Trump has decided to embrace political correctness now.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/video/trump-i-regret-sometimes-saying-the-wrong-thing/vp-BBvNfNC

Yes so Trump says he feels  " remorse for certain words he has used and where his words have hurt people  " 

For me its not enough for Trump to make vague general apologies for " using the wrong words ". He needs to give specific examples where he feels he has offended people or the " apology  " means nothing  8)

Reciting headlines from the local 'unbiased' media I see... Smart man...

King of Kings

Lord of Lords

I find it interesting that as floods do billions in damage in Louisiana the President is on vacation playing golf at Martha's Vineyard and has had little to say and hasn't troubled himself to visit. Of course, what could he do there? Is he going to drive a boat or pick up a bucket to bail water? So the media has been silent about the fact that this disaster seems beneath his notice. Of course I recall another time that flood waters did billions in damage in Louisiana and a different President was on vacation at his home in Texas and the media was not nearly so understanding. In fact they excoriated him for the remainder of his days in office and for years after in fact. What is the difference? That one had an R after his name. This one has a D.

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

TL;DR- White Nationalists want a given country to have a white majority (depending on their extremism white exclusivity), and Civic Nationalists don't care either way.

The problem is if you don't much care about the racial or ethnic makeup of your country, you can't very well be a "nationalist".

Being for the rule of law, separation of powers and the Bill of Rights does not make you an "American Nationalist", or "Civic Nationalist" because those things were not invented by Americans and are widely regarded as universal, i.e. they transcend national boundaries. No need to make up a new political denomination containing the word "nationalism" when one already exists that perfectly describes the set of tenets you subscribe to: classical liberalism.

I'm sorry, but "Civic Nationalist" is either a) whitewashing ethnic/racial nationalism or b) an oxymoron.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Or someone really passionate about Hondas

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I find it interesting that as floods do billions in damage in Louisiana the President is on vacation playing golf at Martha's Vineyard and has had little to say and hasn't troubled himself to visit. Of course, what could he do there? Is he going to drive a boat or pick up a bucket to bail water? So the media has been silent about the fact that this disaster seems beneath his notice. Of course I recall another time that flood waters did billions in damage in Louisiana and a different President was on vacation at his home in Texas and the media was not nearly so understanding. In fact they excoriated him for the remainder of his days in office and for years after in fact. What is the difference? That one had an R after his name. This one has a D.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2016/05/21/dont-look-now-but-barack-obama-is-suddenly-popular/

GD you should  also consider the fact Obama is on a 50-55 % overall approval rating, this is much higher than Bush was at the same time of his second term

So people would be more critical of Bush, he was more disliked ?

Edited by BruceVC

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

On the growing popularity and influence of Breitbart and synergies with the Trump campaign.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/trump-made-breitbart-great-again/

Breitbart's page views have doubled - coinciding with Trump's political rise.

The SPLC States that Breitbart is on its way to becoming "the media arm of the Alt-Right," the white nationalist movement...

https://www.splcenter.org/hatewatch/2016/04/28/breitbartcom-becoming-media-arm-alt-right

Again...Breitbart Executive Chairman Stephen Bannon is now the Trump campaign CEO.

It's "American nationalism", not "white nationalism". SPLC is a lying far-left organization.

Gimme a break. It quacks like a duck.

Here's Breitbart's front page news editor:

IiS0geI6.jpg

http://www.rawstory.com/2015/09/slaves-built-the-us-the-way-cows-built-mcdonalds-and-other-historical-facts-from-a-breitbart-editor/

"British settlers built the USA. "Slaves” built the country much as cows “built” McDonald’s."

"Indian tribes never bothered to build any kind of civilization. They killed each other and chased bison. Yawn~"

"British settlers and their descendants built civilization. Indians never bothered to build more than a few teepees."

"Probably not by cutting hearts out of sacrificial victims, unlike a sacred tradition of a Latin American culture."

"Mexicans wrecked Mexico & think invading the USA will magically cure them them of their retarded dysfunction. LOL."

"As if Indians could ever build the highly-advanced welfare system that sustains their existence… lol"

"Dear “native people,” Where is your space program? Discovery of the wheel? Civilization? Love, America."

"LOL, no. Western tradition alone can be credited with creating the civilized world, which youre dying to break into."

"Another Crusade would do a lot of good. Let’s turn Mecca into a strip mall!"

"When I think about America, the first thing that comes to mind is Islam and Third-World Muslims."

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

Step up your game you slack-jawed faggots!

what the hell

why isn't that censored but so much else that is very arguably milder is

'Cause Jessie Ventura said it and he's cool. Supposedly. I think he's a jackass but that's me.

And a sexual tyrannosaurus.    :biggrin:  

never understood that turn o' phrase.  after all, look at a t-rex's hands.  y'know what they says 'bout small hands, yes?  mick jagger is a sexual t-rex, 'least 'ccording to keith richards. 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2321974/Sir-Mick-Jagger-admits-Keith-Richards-apology-****-jibes-prerequisite-Rolling-Stones-reunion.html

HA! Good Fun!

ps tax returns.  am still not understanding how trump is getting a free pass on this.  so, tax returns.

Edited by Gromnir

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

On the growing popularity and influence of Breitbart and synergies with the Trump campaign.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/trump-made-breitbart-great-again/

Breitbart's page views have doubled - coinciding with Trump's political rise.

The SPLC States that Breitbart is on its way to becoming "the media arm of the Alt-Right," the white nationalist movement...

https://www.splcenter.org/hatewatch/2016/04/28/breitbartcom-becoming-media-arm-alt-right

Again...Breitbart Executive Chairman Stephen Bannon is now the Trump campaign CEO.

It's "American nationalism", not "white nationalism". SPLC is a lying far-left organization.

Gimme a break. It quacks like a duck.

Here's Breitbart's front page news editor:

IiS0geI6.jpg

http://www.rawstory.com/2015/09/slaves-built-the-us-the-way-cows-built-mcdonalds-and-other-historical-facts-from-a-breitbart-editor/

"British settlers built the USA. "Slaves” built the country much as cows “built” McDonald’s."

"Indian tribes never bothered to build any kind of civilization. They killed each other and chased bison. Yawn~"

"British settlers and their descendants built civilization. Indians never bothered to build more than a few teepees."

"Probably not by cutting hearts out of sacrificial victims, unlike a sacred tradition of a Latin American culture."

"Mexicans wrecked Mexico & think invading the USA will magically cure them them of their retarded dysfunction. LOL."

"As if Indians could ever build the highly-advanced welfare system that sustains their existence… lol"

"Dear “native people,” Where is your space program? Discovery of the wheel? Civilization? Love, America."

"LOL, no. Western tradition alone can be credited with creating the civilized world, which youre dying to break into."

"Another Crusade would do a lot of good. Let’s turn Mecca into a strip mall!"

"When I think about America, the first thing that comes to mind is Islam and Third-World Muslims."

Sounds like she holds other cultures in contempt. Not precisely ethnic. White nationalists wouldn't care how "Americanized" you are, if you're not white, to them you don't belong. It's possible this woman could still respect/admire and accept a native American so long as they are thoroughly in line with the traditional values of the United States. Something a white nationalist never could.

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2016/05/21/dont-look-now-but-barack-obama-is-suddenly-popular/

GD you should  also consider the fact Obama is on a 50-55 % overall approval rating, this is much higher than Bush was at the same time of his second term

OK, we are not talking about "people". We are talking about the news media. And I can accept that your personal political preferences will not permit speak (or type in this case) words that are critical of Obama or Hillary no matter how much they might deserve to be criticized. But I refuse to believe you are too dense to see the disparity in the example i just described.

As for the media ignoring in Obama what they expended tens of thousands of words, ink, minutes and megabytes criticizing Bush for, it is a fact beyond argument at this point that 90% of the "mainstream" news outlets are irredeemably biased to the left. 

A few posts back Breibart, WND and other "alt-right" as Leferd called them websites were being discussed. The truth is their existence is as much a product of the bias and hubris of the "mainstream" media as it is the axe their founders wanted to grind.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

TL;DR- White Nationalists want a given country to have a white majority (depending on their extremism white exclusivity), and Civic Nationalists don't care either way.

The problem is if you don't much care about the racial or ethnic makeup of your country, you can't very well be a "nationalist".

Yes you can. Some one saying they are a nationalist tells you only their feelings on the political concept of the nation-state. Not on race.

Being for the rule of law, separation of powers and the Bill of Rights does not make you an "American Nationalist", 

"American Nationalism" is not a thing, in my mind. Though Civic Nationalism is. I believe that would be a better descriptor for Trump than, "American Nationalist". 

No need to make up a new political denomination containing the word "nationalism" when one already exists that perfectly describes the set of tenets you subscribe to: classical liberalism.

I have never said that I am a Civic Nationalist, or a Nationalist of any kind. I do describe myself as a classical liberal, and will continue to do so. I only shill for Trump because his Civic Nationalism is better than Hillary's corporatism. 

I'm sorry, but "Civic Nationalist" is either a) whitewashing ethnic/racial nationalism or b) an oxymoron.

How is civic nationalism an oxymoron?

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.

Step up your game you slack-jawed faggots!

what the hell

why isn't that censored but so much else that is very arguably milder is

'Cause Jessie Ventura said it and he's cool. Supposedly. I think he's a jackass but that's me.

And a sexual tyrannosaurus.    :biggrin:  

never understood that turn o' phrase.  

maybe a reference to a predator?    who knows - it was from jesse ventura after all       ​ :biggrin:

oh yeah, tax returns - Trump's not skating on those

Edited by kgambit

GD you should also consider the fact Obama is on a 50-55 % overall approval rating, this is much higher than Bush was at the same time of his second term

this is the same media that showed a clip of the sister of the guy who got shot by a black police officer and now they are rioting about racism with cops, showing her saying that they need to stop causing all this harm to the neighborhood. Sounds very nice, BUT if u watch the full clip and it shows her saying that and in the same sentence right after those words, that people should be taking the rioting and burning to the suburbs. Burn the suburbs down, not here. Where are people gonna get their weaves at, I don't use weaves but someone needs them........I **** u not.

Bruce, one thing u REALLY got to get in ur head is that our media right now does 3 things and that's it.

1. Tells us the weather

2. Push the democratic in the best possible light and if they can't do that, not shine any light at all on it WHILE portraying republican in the worse possible way thru heavy embellishing and exaggerating. (Ditto for the few republican media)

3. Instigate and prolong racism tension.

1 it usually does horribly, 2 it usually a hit or miss, but 3 is what they are excelling in.

Now approval ratings don't have anything about it, reason why bush got ripped up and down about it was because of point 2 and 3. Bush was a white republican and the area that was flooded was a heavy black population. They get to rise ire of republican AND create racial tension at the same time. Obama isn't getting that treatment because mainly he's democratic and they can't do 3 because the racial tension they instigate is towards whites being bad and blacks the victim. With Obama it be a black man being the bad guy and that's gonna be FULL STOP for our media.

The reason I think that Trump is doing so well as he is even though he's an idiot and saying and doing stupid **** is because imho (one of the reasons I was gonna vote for him) is so that this wrecking ball gets elected and it's a huge middle finger AND so he can wreck **** up in hopes that a lot of this bull **** we have to put up with either gets broken down or at least fractured.

Tbh with the election I finally am able to understand why some people will join in doomsday cults to bring an end to everything. Watch the world burn so that all this trash can be burnt and ashes blown away. Not a rational thought but does invoke some pleasant warm fuzzy feelings when I think about it sometimes. And since I'm not really an anarcist or chaotic person (maybe more along the lines of LE) I'm gonna vote for Johnson. Screw Hillary and the democratic process we are seeing.

Edited by redneckdevil

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bWsNpMvKfw

Guys you must watch this interview, but watch from the second minute if you want to see an awkward moment  :biggrin:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Obama was asked by the Governor of Louisiana not to come because of potential for distraction of rescue efforts and advised Trump to not come if he is using the visit as a photo op and for political gain.

So of course, Trump is using it for political gain.

Meanwhile, Obama is getting regular briefings and communicating via modern telecommunication technologies.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

redneckdevil warns Bruce the media is currently very bias towards the democrats, Bruce doesn't respond and instead posts a link to a report by CNN, also known as the "Clinton News Network." Classic Bruce.

• Like 1

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

redneckdevil warns Bruce the media is currently very bias towards the democrats, Bruce doesn't respond and instead posts a link to a report by CNN, also known as the "Clinton News Network." Classic Bruce.

Right, because conservatives and right wingers don't get their news from Fox, Breitbart, and Newsmax.

Right, because conservatives and right wingers don't get their news from Fox, Breitbart, and Newsmax.

Pointing the finger does not disprove the allegations that CNN is biased. FOX for example is absolutely bias, I agree, but that doesn't magically make CNN or MSNBC any better. If anything, it's just all the more tragic because dear god the USA needs a non-bias news network. It's little wonder most people prefer to scrounge for information themselves online rather than rely on mainstream news networks.

Who's more bias is a rather meaningless discussion when all parties named will willingly lead you to walk off a cliff if it benefits their interests.

• Like 2

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

Shouldn't be a problem avoiding terrible echo chambers if you know what to look for.

I follow individual journalists I respect. There are plenty of good journalists out there -- whether as generalists or specialists in their field.

I also listen to NPR and APM on the radio. My go-to television news source is PBS.

• Like 1

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/06/15/new-evidence-donald-trump-didn-t-pay-taxes.html

am not certain why this stuff is a tertiary issue.  hillary's email stoopidity and trump's chronic speech gaffs is at the center o' campaign discussion in the media, but perhaps no campaign in our recollection has focused so little on prospective policies... and again, am not certain how trump is getting a pass on tax returns from media and from his own supporters.  

tax freaking returns.

HA! Good Fun!

ps is studies that suggest that the t-rex were predominant a scavenger.  and for all we know, it mighta' had a disposition akin to a week-old kitten.

• Like 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

"Here's Breitbart's front page news editor:"

Is she single?

Ask her on the Twitters. Be sure to tell her you're of Western/Northern European stock.

• Like 1

Being for the rule of law, separation of powers and the Bill of Rights does not make you an "American Nationalist", or "Civic Nationalist" because those things were not invented by Americans and are widely regarded as universal, i.e. they transcend national boundaries. No need to make up a new political denomination containing the word "nationalism" when one already exists that perfectly describes the set of tenets you subscribe to: classical liberalism.

Classical liberalism has come to be associated with globalism. American nationalism is the American government giving preference to its own citizens and in general putting America first. For example you can argue that Reason magazine or WSJ are classic liberals, but they are for open borders all the way. How does that square with the rule of law?

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

ps is studies that suggest that the t-rex were predominant a scavenger.  and for all we know, it mighta' had a disposition akin to a week-old kitten.

There are also studies that suggest T-Rex was primarily a predator and could not have survived as a scavenger. 

http://www.smithsonianmag.com/science-nature/for-t-rex-scavenging-was-a-tough-gig-92901387/?no-ist

(And the original source:   http://rspb.royalsocietypublishing.org/content/278/1718/2682)

Our results suggest that T. rex and other extremely large carnivorous dinosaurs would have been unable to compete as obligate scavengers and would have primarily hunted large vertebrate prey, similar to many large mammalian carnivores in modern-day ecosystems

The full article has multiple sources which have links to studies supporting both sides fwiw, so you can draw your own conclusions.  There is physical evidence that T-Rex did attack live prey.

http://www.livescience.com/38182-tyrannosaur-tooth-in-hadrosaur-tail.html    

http://io9.gizmodo.com/finally-actual-physical-evidence-that-t-rex-was-a-pred-800092954

Since this basically started over a line from a Schwarzenegger movie, aptly named Predator no less, I'll exit this derailed discussion the same way:

Hasta la Vista baby .......

Edited by kgambit
  • Like 1

"Here's Breitbart's front page news editor:"

Is she single?

Ask her on the Twitters. Be sure to tell her you're of Western/Northern European stock.

Excellent, i will contact her. Toodles!~~

• Like 1

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy