The US Election 2016, Part V

Pidesco

Clearly overstating his (potential) impact on the race.

Probably. But as we were discussing before, there are other prizes to be had in the race than the White House. A trip to the debates, a strong showing on election day (say 5-7%) and a concerted effort to run congressional candidates in 2018 sets things up nicely for 2020. Assuming a suitable candidate can be found. I don't think Johnson will run again and I don't think they will have Weld without him.

As long as the electoral system isn't reformed there is no way a third party becomes a viable option in the US, unfortunately.

There have been periods where there have been more than two viable political parties. The Republicans started out as a single issue party on the political fringe. It was one of three in that time. The difference between the evolution of the GOP and others that failed really comes down to strategy. By the time Lincoln became president there are many Republicans in Congress and State legislatures. One my my biggest criticisms of the LP is they have a candidate for President in every election and expend a tremndous about of their limited resources on ballot access. It's expensive with a very low return on the investment. They would be better served focusing on supporting candidates for Congress & State Houses rather than a "hail mary" every four years. of the 3k or so Libertarians holding office now, just seven are in State government, none in Federal government and the rest are County/City/Municipality. That's good but it's not a base to grow from.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

On the growing popularity and influence of Breitbart and synergies with the Trump campaign.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/trump-made-breitbart-great-again/

Breitbart's page views have doubled - coinciding with Trump's political rise.

The SPLC States that Breitbart is on its way to becoming "the media arm of the Alt-Right," the white nationalist movement...

https://www.splcenter.org/hatewatch/2016/04/28/breitbartcom-becoming-media-arm-alt-right

Again...Breitbart Executive Chairman Stephen Bannon is now the Trump campaign CEO.

It's "American nationalism", not "white nationalism". SPLC is a lying far-left organization.

• Like 1

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

Golly Gee Willikers! He done gone native!

CqLefJjWcAAf9xd.jpg

CqLvou5WgAAIUVZ.jpg

CqLwXjCXYAA2IDX.jpg

I guess all Americans should vote for Mr. Trump now!

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

...and here I thought Americans were generally opposed to the idea of big, controlling governments managing all aspects of society. What Trump suggests sounds like something out of an Orwellian novel :p

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Why are they bodyshaming him? Didn't they get the memo? I mean, I don't even...it's the current year!

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I haven't read the whole thread.

It's nice to see the usual synchronized fart, clap and giggle in support of Hillary, but has anyone in this thread actually contested Trump's policies with a logical argument?

King of Kings

Lord of Lords

On the growing popularity and influence of Breitbart and synergies with the Trump campaign.

The SPLC States that Breitbart is on its way to becoming "the media arm of the Alt-Right," the white nationalist movement...

https://www.splcenter.org/hatewatch/2016/04/28/breitbartcom-becoming-media-arm-alt-right

Again...Breitbart Executive Chairman Stephen Bannon is now the Trump campaign CEO.

It's "American nationalism", not "white nationalism". SPLC is a lying far-left organization.

I don't know about how left anyone is, but if they think American civic nationalism is white nationalism; they are either 100% lying and not worth listening to, or are so hilariously moronic that they aren't worth listening to. 

Do you take these jokers seriously, Leferd?

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.

I don't know about how left anyone is, but if they think American civic nationalism is white nationalism; they are either 100% lying and not worth listening to, or are so hilariously moronic that they aren't worth listening to. 

You are clearly a man of great credentials that support your opinion, or you have contradictory prose; care to share any of these?

King of Kings

Lord of Lords

It's nice to see the usual synchronized fart, clap and giggle in support of Hillary, but has anyone in this thread actually contested Trump's policies with a logical argument?

Somewhere down this thread people (including myself) have seriously questioned the wisdom of the wall. Though I'm still shilling for Trump; even if I have doubts about the wall.

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

You are clearly a man of great credentials that support your opinion, or you have contradictory prose; care to share any of these?

Who what now? I just spend a lot of my free time on the internet and know the difference between civic nationalism and white nationalism. You don't need any special credentials to know something so basic.

Edited by Namutree

Somewhere down this thread people (including myself) have seriously questioned the wisdom of the wall. Though I'm still shilling for Trump; even if I have doubts about the wall.

The wisdom of the wall?

You do not know the beauties of the wall, it's one of the greatest inventions!

Beyond the wall though, he has proposed many things - have any of these been addressed?

EDIT:

And as for the post former to this post.

Oh great, you're unwilling to share your contradictory prose!

In short, no I don't know what you mean. If it's so basic, please share!

Edited by s13ep

King of Kings

Lord of Lords

The wisdom of the wall?

Beyond the wall though, he has proposed many things - have any of these been addressed?

Guard Dog has mentioned his being for big government, I guess. That's about it. It's mostly pro-Trump people on this board. Some like me and WoD want Trump to help the country; while some like Barothmuk just want to see everything burn. I think Kainparker is on the pro-Trump side for lulz and to spite neo-liberals.

The wisdom of the wall?

Guard Dog has mentioned his being for big government, I guess. That's about it. It's mostly pro-Trump people on this board. Some like me and WoD want Trump to help the country; while some like Barothmuk just want to see everything burn. I think Kainparker is on the pro-Trump side for lulz and to spite neo-liberals.

EDIT:

And again, you have nothing to support your political beliefs other than the call that it's 'basic knowledge' - I repeat, I don't understand what you mean, please share this basic knowledge.

EDIT: He won't share, no Hillary supporter will share this 'basic knowledge'. I will opt out for now and come back at another date! (I don't like deadlock debates).

Edited by s13ep

King of Kings

Lord of Lords

The wisdom of the wall?

EDIT:

And again, you have nothing to support your political beliefs other than the call that it's 'basic knowledge' - I repeat, I don't understand what you mean, please share this basic knowledge.

Oh, ok. Here's a quick WIkipedia reference:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Civic_nationalism

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_nationalism

The biggest difference is the emphasis on race in regards to White nationalism. Race is important to white nationalists since they explicitly desire a white nation where citizenship must be a white majority by design; where civic nationalist don't believe in a deliberate racial policy. In the context of the US for example:

A civic nationalist like WoD doesn't care that illegal aliens are hispanic. His issue is that they crossed the border illegally and don't respect our laws. While a white nationalist in the US would want it to be a white country, and would object to the presence of all hispanics regardless of legality since they threaten to make us lose our white majority.

TL;DR- White Nationalists want a given country to have a white majority (depending on their extremism white exclusivity), and Civic Nationalists don't care either way. 

Edited by Namutree

CqLefJjWcAAf9xd.jpg

CqLvou5WgAAIUVZ.jpg

CqLwXjCXYAA2IDX.jpg

I see, Trump has decided to embrace political correctness now.

• Like 1

This election is still a far cry from the one held in 1800

http://mentalfloss.com/article/12487/adams-vs-jefferson-birth-negative-campaigning-us

Jefferson's camp accused President Adams of having a "hideous hermaphroditical character, which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman." In return, Adams' men called Vice President Jefferson "a mean-spirited, low-lived fellow, the son of a half-breed Indian squaw, sired by a Virginia mulatto father."

Step up your game you slack-jawed faggots!

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

This election is still a far cry from the one held in 1800

http://mentalfloss.com/article/12487/adams-vs-jefferson-birth-negative-campaigning-us

Jefferson's camp accused President Adams of having a "hideous hermaphroditical character, which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman." In return, Adams' men called Vice President Jefferson "a mean-spirited, low-lived fellow, the son of a half-breed Indian squaw, sired by a Virginia mulatto father."

:lol:  And they were friends! At least in the beginning. And at the end. Their biggest quarrel was the role of the Federal government vs State government. 216 years later and we are STILL arguing about that.

Ironically they both died on the same July 4th and were the last of the signers of the Declaration of Independence  to go.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

what the hell

why isn't that censored but so much else that is very arguably milder is

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

what the hell

'Cause Jessie Ventura said it and he's cool. Supposedly. I think he's a jackass but that's me.

• Like 1

Thomas Sowell

what the hell

'Cause Jessie Ventura said it and he's cool. Supposedly. I think he's a jackass but that's me.

And a sexual tyrannosaurus.    :biggrin:  

• Like 1

CqLefJjWcAAf9xd.jpg

CqLvou5WgAAIUVZ.jpg

CqLwXjCXYAA2IDX.jpg

I see, Trump has decided to embrace political correctness now.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/video/trump-i-regret-sometimes-saying-the-wrong-thing/vp-BBvNfNC

Yes so Trump says he feels  " remorse for certain words he has used and where his words have hurt people  " 

For me its not enough for Trump to make vague general apologies for " using the wrong words ". He needs to give specific examples where he feels he has offended people or the " apology  " means nothing  8)

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela