The US Election 2016, Part V

Pidesco

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demagogue

I sorry he's wearing the Gadsen flag. Easily one of the coolest symbols in US history.

Nonono, all of you are quite mistaken, the guy is obviously a huge Metallica fan. I have the irrefutable proof just here:

Metallica%20-%201991%20-%20The%20Black%2

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I sorry he's wearing the Gadsen flag. Easily one of the coolest symbols in US history.

oddly enough, the gadsden flag is a knock-off o' an earlier minuteman flag... am drawing a blank on the name.  'course we only know the history of the gadsden flag 'cause o' the eeoc kerfuffle.

HA! Good Fun!

Are you referring to this one? The First Navy Jack?

250px-Naval_Jack_of_the_United_States.sv

I actually have it up on my wall.

That's the one I was thinking of

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

oddly enough, the gadsden flag is a knock-off o' an earlier minuteman flag... am drawing a blank on the name.  'course we only know the history of the gadsden flag 'cause o' the eeoc kerfuffle.

HA! Good Fun!

Are you referring to this one? The First Navy Jack?

I actually have it up on my wall.

no.  as we said, it were a minuteman flag. however, is possible we got it backwards as to which came first. am knowing that benjamin franklin is the guy who popularized the notion o' the snake as emblematic o' the American spirit/identity with the "snake divided" image and the "join or die" standard that followed. s'posed spawned numerous snake flags thereafter.  gadsden flag does have kewlness in its favor.  

*shrug*

our knowledge o' flags is decidedly post texas v. johnson

HA! Good Fun!

ps apologize for removing images, but am doing our part to keep clutter reduced.  

this is probably the flag Gromnir is referring to:  The Culpeper minutemen flag

Regular_Culpeper.jpg

That flag was designed in 1775 - same year as the Gadsen flag, so it's problematic as to which came first ......  no matter, they are both cool ......

Revolutionary War era symbols I like.

our fav might actual be bedford.  

is not revolutionary, and has become too much emblematic of nra, but we also likes the gonzales banner. 

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

That whole thing about the Gaden Flag being racist is the biggest load of BS I've ever heard. But it does bring to mind some possibilities. Apparently any symbol worn by racists becomes a de facto racist symbol. Well, I'm not liking that new Florida Panthers logo much. Maybe I'll buy a bunch of Panthers caps and hand them out in the parking lot of the next Klan rally. 

You know come to that I'm not real crazy about the Buccaneers logo either.... hmmmmm

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

That whole thing about the Gaden Flag being racist is the biggest load of BS I've ever heard. But it does bring to mind some possibilities. Apparently any symbol worn by racists becomes a de facto racist symbol. Well, I'm not liking that new Florida Panthers logo much. Maybe I'll buy a bunch of Panthers caps and hand them out in the parking lot of the next Klan rally. 

You know come to that I'm not real crazy about the Buccaneers logo either.... hmmmmm

yeah, the eeoc kinda made a mistake by even suggesting that the gadsden flag could, in and of itself, be a kinda racist message.  shoulda' stuck with finding and avoided troubling dicta. 

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

yeah, the eeoc kinda made a mistake by even suggesting that the gadsden flag could, in and of itself, be a kinda racist message.  shoulda' stuck with finding and avoided troubling dicta. 

HA! Good Fun!

That is the problem with leftist notions of Government. They have to interfere. They just can't help themselves. 

Thomas Sowell

These people would be awesome in a Dark Heresy group

As heretics to be exterminated, maybe.

They distinctly seem to fall short of the required minimum number of skulls and guns any self-respecting PC group would have  :lol:

"Lulz is not the highest aspiration of art and mankind, no matter what the Encyclopedia Dramatica says."

HA! Good Fun!

That is the problem with leftist notions of Government. They have to interfere. They just can't help themselves. 

oh, we believe you is kinda overstating. eeoc ALJ  is judges, but they ain't judicial branch.  ALJ is executive bureaucrats and they don't have the necessary job security to make rulings w/o being political.  sure enough, the eeoc recognized that censoring the gadsden flag would create a p00p storm o' epic proportions... and would be monumental stoopid. if eeoc found in favor o' censoring, the case would eventual get before a federal appeals judge who would then chastise the eeoc in blistering fashion.  even so, the eeoc attempted to be diplomatic with their ruling... which is bad. don't wanna offend is a concern for politicians but not judges.  is one o' the many inherent flaws in having executive ALJ.

HA! Good Fun!

These people would be awesome in a Dark Heresy group

As heretics to be exterminated, maybe.

They distinctly seem to fall short of the required minimum number of skulls and guns any self-respecting PC group would have :lol:

Nah. That kind of nutbar zealotry is awesome as your Cleric.

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

In 10 years the American flag will be considered racist, possibly sooner.

WOD this whole issue people have with changes to flags is really unnecessary, if you can be honest about the reality of the 2016

Lets be honest most people think a  flag symbolically  represents the nation, they place real  value in it and think changes to it should only seen as negative. But what about changes to a  flag to make it inclusive ?

So changing the USA flag positive way would you support that?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Sorry, my mind wandered.

I appreciate your voice here on the forums, WoD.  Never change. 

and go owls.

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 1

WOD this whole issue people have with changes to flags is really unnecessary, if you can be honest about the reality of the 2016

Lets be honest most people think a  flag symbolically  represents the nation, they place real  value in it and think changes to it should only seen as negative. But what about changes to a  flag to make it inclusive ?

Yes, we should change it to the white flag of surrender.

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

Yes, we should change it to the white flag of surrender.

You see you are responding in  a way where you think the USA is defined by the flag but please forget the flag for  a moment 

Here is  an interesting question, what defines the USA for you? What matters to you ...what would  be  unacceptable as a social change 

Edited by BruceVC

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

aKqV8g6_700b.jpg

• Like 1

Thomas Sowell

Like this?

obama_american_flag_350-300x171.jpg

:lol:

Actually if Puerto Rico ever votes to become a state we will get a new flag. Unless we kick one of the others out first. You know California has been a real pill to put up with lately.

Edited by Guard Dog
  • Like 1

Thomas Sowell

Check this out! Illegals really ARE doing jobs Americans don't want to do, like attending Hillary Clinton rallies! http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/hillary-drafts-illegal-dreamers-to-get-immigrants-to-vote/article/2599321

Thomas Sowell

Like this?

obama_american_flag_350-300x171.jpg

Actually if Puerto Rico ever votes to become a state we will get a new flag. Unless we kick one of the others out first. You know California has been a real pill to put up with lately.

GD I'm surprised you didnt respond to the question I asked WOD?

What defines being American to you ? What matters ....what cannot change and what needs to ?

This is a very important question...I am going to make  a separate post about this 

John Milton 

I have had fat too much to drink tonight to entertain such a serious but also pointless question. Right now I am only interesting in being sarcastic and watching funny Go Pro fail videos on you tube.

Thomas Sowell