Glitch [3.03] Justice Greatsword does not use weapon focus

Horagen345

Question

I made charactor that I wanted to use the weapon focus from soldier but for some reason "Justice" the Greatsword droped from Lord Raedric does not use the +6 accuracy modifer.

I have both a warhammer and another greatsword to test if this where a glicth from trait but no both recived the +6 "Weapon focus: Soldier" So it seem that only Justice is affected

::Note:: I have not found any other unik greatswords yet in this playthrue so I do not know if this extents to other uniks of this type.

Also before I posted this I made sure to search for information regarding both justice or a bug regarding it but could not find any if this have already be report sorry about that

::EDIT::
restarted the game and it seems to have solved itself where reloading did not.
Thanks for you time Loren Tyr and you advice :)

::EDIT::
After restarting the game today after I went to bed to get some sleep it bug out again. this time neither restart nor Save Reload worked with Justice but all other greatsword worked as it should even before reloading.

Dumping justice in a ditch until next time I Start a new game perhaps Pallegina can use it then ;)

Edited by Horagen345

7 answers to this question

Hmm, that is weird, usually that clears it up. Whenever I've encountered this issue it was generally confined to a specific weapon though, other of the same type were usually fine, so that's not weird in itself; somehow the game seems to 'forget' for that particular weapon what type it is (or sometimes, that it has a Fine enchantment or something).

Anyway, after the restart it is fine now, right? 

Hmm, that is weird, usually that clears it up. Whenever I've encountered this issue it was generally confined to a specific weapon though, other of the same type were usually fine, so that's not weird in itself; somehow the game seems to 'forget' for that particular weapon what type it is (or sometimes, that it has a Fine enchantment or something).

Anyway, after the restart it is fine now, right? 

Not no now after I started today.

After I Started playing today it just bug out again like it forgets it is a greatsword  no applies of the +6 accuracy from Soldier weapon focus. So I restarted the game again but this time it just did not work. next I tried save and reload a new blank save but nothing.

all other greatswords I have works I have a fine and exceptionel too both of those does get the +6 bonus only Justice seems to get this problem for me atleast.

Edited by Horagen345

Also I notice something I had giving my player the "Two-hander" perk for more damage with greatsword but it did not apply to "Justice" at restart today. I need to confirm it though as have I sold off Justice so it will have to wait....
But if it is true and it did not recive the 15% damage bonus(edit for correct number ) too perhaps there are a dublicate version of "Justice" ? One where it is a greatsword and one with it is not that way when you reload it could confuse the script so sometimes it works but not always.

Edited by Horagen345

They're uniquely identified (eg. Justice has the internal name great_sword_backer_justice), so that shouldn't be an issue. Not sure why reloading or restarting isn't resolving it though, never seen that happen. 

I expect you did get the +15% bonus by the way, that is implemented differently. It doesn't show in the combat log though, mostly the damage bonuses don't (stuff like Sneak Attack that does show explicitly are the exception rather than the rule). 

They're uniquely identified (eg. Justice has the internal name great_sword_backer_justice), so that shouldn't be an issue. Not sure why reloading or restarting isn't resolving it though, never seen that happen. 

I expect you did get the +15% bonus by the way, that is implemented differently. It doesn't show in the combat log though, mostly the damage bonuses don't (stuff like Sneak Attack that does show explicitly are the exception rather than the rule). 

I sse it add to the exceptional greatsword I am using by hovering it over the damage in the inventory menu :) but as a I had already ditch "Justice" before checking for the 15% damage well,,,, my memory is not the best so it could be that it did had it.

if they are uniquely Identified then there should be not be a conflict then scratch that teory off... a well perhaps in some paralle timeline someone will figure out the truth :) thank you for all you help once again Loren Tyr.... and I will keep my fingers cross (plus knock on wood ) at my next game start that it works better and my memory does not fail me too much XD

Edited by Horagen345