So int it will be. Do goldpact go well with pirate flavor? They're sort of.. Mercenaries? With regard to shield... This mc is awfully slow when one handed... With a shield I'm going to tank maybe, but hit once in a long while... I don't know if it's the right way... Perhaps better to have Eder do it?

It obviously is... The shield was more of a back-up until you get a pistol/blunderbuss.... As I said, Rardrics keep has a pistol, the first level also has a really bad one in a camp hidden (sneak) on the south west.

For RP, as I said, perhaps a conqueror is the same basic idea as a pirate only more... "Official" in a way, would make sense for them to hire mercenaries. Otherwise, big pirates perhaps also would

Everybody knows the deal is rotten

Old Black Joe's still pickin' cotton

For your ribbons and bows

And everybody knows

For conqueror I shall choose a different bg in char creation? Mercenary? Or still the Deadfire and raider? Can't recall sorry... 

Hehe I know that bad pistol... sounds like an Easter Egg of sorts...:)

- There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary code, and those who don't. - 

Yes, it is explorer

https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/78795-i-explored-all-character-backgrounds-so-you-dont-have-to/

Here's again the link to all the bg, including their dialogue options with Calisca

The thing is, people react to your general bg... So if you were a pirate, people will react to you as a raider, if you were a conqueror, people react to you as an explorer

Edited by Ben No.3

And everybody knows

Ah, the cold-blooded conquerors it is? Then I choose the options where they conquered my land... there's no mention to being hired to conquer something though...

What about this:  "I was a blade for hire."

"I've never been good at anything else, but I need to go where there's work that pays."

- There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary code, and those who don't. - 

I find the Conquerer more interesting... Perhaps because it's exotic? A mercenarie goldpact paladin is of course an obvious choice. But since people only react to your general background, personally I find explorer more intriguing. But it comes down to personal preference

And everybody knows

The Disappointer pistol can be enchanted with any quality enchantment (like Accurate I/II, Damaging I/II, Fine, Exceptional and so on) and thus looses it's disappointing "terrible" enchantment - it gets overwritten with the new quality. After any quality enchantment it will be like a normal pistol which you enchanted - but with a unique name. :) I recommend the Fine or Accurate I enchantments because pistols - like all guns - already have an ACC malus which makes it hard to hit with them in the early game. It's a way to get a working pistol really early. With FoD you might hit reliably.

But honestly I always sell it to Heodan. ;)

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 2

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

But honestly I always sell it to Heodan. ;)

Lol :) After all the big instructions.... Ok, I'm off to play now... let's see what comes out of this pala!

• Like 1

Yeah, just put an Accurate 1 enchantment on The Disappointer, you can get that very quickly. All the supplies you need can be found in Valewood. Though you do need some Mechanics skill to find the Turquoise, so you may need to grab an NPC and come back to get them if your own character is putting his skill points elsewhere (you probably need to come back anyway unless you have very high Athletics).

• Like 1

Right, the gloves.... They really are an awesome item, especially so early on. But for this specific build, +2 Dex might not be that useful (get them though-you can always use them on a companion).

Edited by Ben No.3

And everybody knows

Any updates on our Paladin? How are things going?

No luck atm. I just can't feel the mc "mine", I can't really enjoy this game. Other npcs are very dull, the AI is almost unnoticeable... I don't know what to do.. I don't like to take decisions for six characters... I just want to think of mine... I figured every npc had his own personality, but here, it's just numbers and abilities... Very disappointed atm...

Give it time.... The npcs will develop once you had them in your party a bit. Many Dialogues trigger after a certain event in the story or after you completed a part of their individual quests. Alternatively, you can always talk to them through a speech bubble in their action bar if you want to experience their characters. The further you develop in the story the more you will talk about.

You will also feel more involved once you have progressed within the story and your actions start to affect the world... An early example for an interesting quest (though quite hard) is the raedric-quest. I would recommend doing it anyway: To learn quickly what can work in combat am what not (it's a good test for your strategy), and you see how your actions can greatly influence the story.

And everybody knows

You're right Boeroer... What can I say... I believed the game to be somewhat similar to... let's say Dragon Age Inquisition... there you can think of your MC alone, the others are indeed part of your group, but "think with their own mind".... Here they just stand there idle doing nothing or at best they slam, crash or hit....

This is normal for crpgs tho, Baldur's Gate was exactly the same.

Many people didn't like DA I personally never played it but if it doesn't reward you for microing your group then I prolly wouldn't either.

It doesn't, Raven, so don't try it.. :)

Anyway, I don't want to micro my group at all. I want to micro my own Mc. I wish to impersonate ONE character, not six.... It's obviously my opinion, it's not intended to be a supreme law....

Solo might be though .... What about a fighter (eder), a chanter (kana), a paladin (main), another paladin (pallegina) and a ranger (sagani)? Will do good enough without micro, perhaps respec Kana and have him a ranged DD together with Sagani and sure handed chant. Then you focus on offensive Paladin talents and pallegina on both defensive and offensive becoming a "hybrid", and Eder as a backbone-tank.

Edit: consider Hivarias... Druids are easy to play and very good to have... Got everything: Damage (mostly AoE, some single), CC, support, heals. Later on perhaps also Maneha (barbarian) if you have the WM

Edited by Ben No.3

And everybody knows

Guys, I'm not arguing about party members, I'm just complaining (in a somewhat silly way, admittedly) about the fact that this game requires me to manoeuver six different characters, while I like to only handle mine, and let the others act as they were "instructed" by the devs..