We call upon thee, Boeroer the master of Pillarsknowledge! ;) which dwarf better suits my adventure? Come and enlighten your herd! ;)

- There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary code, and those who don't. - 

An island Aumaua with pirate background would grant a 3rd weapon slot as well as be suitable with the bg.... hmmm....  *mumbling instead of working*

- There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary code, and those who don't. - 

We call upon thee, Boeroer the master of Pillarsknowledge! ;) which dwarf better suits my adventure? Come and enlighten your herd! ;)

50 copperpieces on the accuracy bonus ;) perhaps he will also recommend envenomed strike ;)

Edited by Ben No.3
  • Like 1

Everybody knows the deal is rotten

Old Black Joe's still pickin' cotton

For your ribbons and bows

And everybody knows

little question: is the rogue the only one that can sneak attack?

The White March adds a talent for non-rogues that gives them a small sneak attack. It's just +15% damage vs +50% for the Rogue though. There are also some weapons that give a sort-of sneak attack (extra damage vs proned, stunned and paralyzed I think), as well as (at least one) that actually does a +25% damage sneak attack. Those still work best with the Rogue of course, though.

Edit: I forgot, Skaen Priests also have a talent that gives +20% Sneak Attack damage (and +10 ACC with Stilettos and Clubs). So with the Apprentice's Sneak Attack they can get +35% Sneak Attack damage (at the cost of two talents, though).

Edited by Loren Tyr

No, there is apprentice's sneak attack and skaen priests get it. Both of these are weaker though. But don't choose rouge... Squishy, micro, need a lot of care, need a party build around them, not worth it in my opinion

Edited by Ben No.3

And everybody knows

Nono, no intention of making a rogue... not my style of play, too squishy and micro thanks... :) Shall I also take 2handed style as a talent?

Edited by Slack83er

Lovley... Cheetah? Remember, it'll take a bit till you find a blunderbuss... After Act I, you gain access to a city there you find them

Edited by Ben No.3

And everybody knows

Yeah, shields are good, great even.  My point was just that these items will make a character tankier but do less damage.  General Pillars of Eternity knowledge that is different than previous similar games, such as Icewind Dale or Baldur's Gate.  In those games you would always wear the heaviest armor, in this game the decision is more complex.  If you came into this game with preconceptions from similar games, you might make wrong decisions, that's why it's important to play this game to learn about it.

@Slack83er  The story does not advance much from the prologue to the beginning of act 2, after that it starts to pick up speed.  I'm just telling you this so you know.  If you ignore the main story a bit after you finish Caed Nua, doing side quests around Gilded Vale or Defiance bay, you can quickly reach level 6 without spoiling it much.  That might give you a better feel for the game and it's classes.  Well, when I first started this game I remade my monk half a dozen times before I was happy, so I'm not really one to talk.

I see your point and i will definitely agree with you

Yep, that's why i said lvl 6/8. I guess leveling further before starting over would indeed spoil a bit too much Defiance Bay. Leveling is fast. maybe a bit too much. Lvl 6 is not this big a deal to reach actually. I agree with you that it may be usefull to do so, since there is a learning curve in the game. I started over twice too. II feel like not starting over is hard, and thus, i understand quite well why our beloved noob is struggling to figure things out beforehand.

EDIT: @Slack83er don't forget to give us your impression about the game once you're getting started :). We (or, at least, me) are curious now :). Anyway, have fun.

Edited by Abel
  • Like 1

You will have to use aggressive and cruel answers a lot with a Bleak Walker. Keep that in mind. The additional corrosive lash talent for FoD is ok. With the rigjt weapon it can add a lot of damage. And if you find the sabre Bittercut in Russetwood/WM, you'll have one of the best weapons in the game (in my opinion). You can even take Scion of Flame AND Spirit of Decay then. Take a look into my monk build "Monksterlasher" why. :) Also works with a piratesque Bleak Walker.

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

I don't find a bleak walker that fitting to be honest... Why would they join Pirates? They seem like a very organised and strict group who are mainly mercenaries hired for war or conflict...

Remember their image and especially their desire to keep it up. So I don't see one joining some pirates, they seem far to politically involved to do so.

But hey, that's just my opinion

And everybody knows

Although thinking about it, historically speaking countries used to hire and equip pirates to fight other countries... Some were even given Titels. So I guess you could go bleak walker

And everybody knows

Mm I've been looking a bit on the wiki, it seems like goldpact has the best lore after all. I wasn't thinking about behavior but maybe bleak walkers sounds too harsh for me... Later I will be trying the solutions we spoke of yesterday evening, and let you know!

P.s. Boeroer, which dwarf better suits my mc? See some posts before, around 78...

Edited by Slack83er

Still not, Ben. I just woke up, I had four days of nightshift...don't worry, I'll keep you posted..

Concerning dwarves: boreal dwarf for an offensive approach, mountain dwarf for a defensive one. Some people say that the racial feat of mountain dwarves is weak, but I don't think so. Actually there are a lot of enemies who use attacks that are either disease or poison. Those attacks (like poison clouds of iron constructs, attacks of several other vessels, oozes' ranged attacks, wood beetle poison and so on, several corrode and raw damage spells) can be pretty nasty. It's a good thing to have higher defenses against them.

Having +15 ACC against primordial and wilder foes is also nice. Some of the toughest mobs are wilder/primordial (ogres, lagufaeth, adragans, delemgans and so on).

Lore wise I think that hammers belong to mountain dwarves.

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods