I speculate you won't be able to play your past heroes in any of the new Adventure Paths. The original card game just isn't balanced to support "Level 18" Characters right from the get go.

Anyone who has played the physical board game understands the struggle, but new players would riot unfortunately :(

I speculate you won't be able to play your past heroes in any of the new Adventure Paths. The original card game just isn't balanced to support "Level 18" Characters right from the get go.

Anyone who has played the physical board game understands the struggle, but new players would riot unfortunately :(

Unlocked vs Your leveled up characters are two completely things.  You should be able to take any unlocked character into any adventure path, including add-on characters.  Some just won't be as strong as others.  

And technically, you can also take your leveled up character further in the board game.  The official, from Paizo, Adventure Path 7 is taking your leveled up characters from Rise/Skulls and taking them into Wrath of the Righteous Adventure Path 4+5+6, and playing without the mythic paths you get from that game. Source

Regardless, hopefully both the App and Steam keep the ecosystem in one place.  Whether they make it a one time purchase (like sentinels), IMO, how it should have been; OR if they should keep it F2P like it is now (how I now hope it stays, since I paid for everything) is really more of the debate than anything for this thread.

I can't even hope for future down the road content anymore at this point, because there is just way too much of it.  

Edited by wakasm

Past HEROES? No. Past CHARACTERS? Yes.

That's the way the PACG works, and there's no conceivable reason they'd change it.