Understanding dispositions and conversation

When levelling up my party increasing certain skills is supposed to aid in certain conversations

When I meet a npc and a conversation begins which of my characters is having the conversation?

Also does it matter what order I place my characters in at the bottom of the screen?

When levelling up my party increasing certain skills is supposed to aid in certain conversations

When I meet a npc and a conversation begins which of my characters is having the conversation?

Also does it matter what order I place my characters in at the bottom of the screen?

Conversation checks only use your main character's stats. It does not matter which order the characters are in (other than affecting where they appear in whatever marching/battle formation you're using)

Ok I get that it's always my main character speaking regardless of party order

So what's the point of increasing skills that give "other conversation options" in non party members?

Do those extra conversation options also appear even if the main character is doing the talking?

You can't increase a party member's attributes; and because your party members aren't speaking in dialogue, their attributes are never used in those conversations.

However, they ARE used in scripted interactions alongside your skills

Skills also have other gameplay mechanics: Athletics grants second wind, Survival grants camping bonuses, etc.

If your talking about scripted interactions, you always send the character that would have the best chance of completing said interaction (I.E. Sending a low-con character into a burning house is probably not going to work).

Edit: To put it concisely, your companions have absolutely no impact on dialogue. They might make a quick quip, but it doesn't affect the conversation in any way.

Edited by Prince of Lies

I have question about dispositions/reputation.

My main is Paladin. Are there any "disposition/reputation tables"? I mean, how much time I have to use Honest option in Dialogue to increase Honest reputation by one?

Are there any top limit of these? I remember, that year ago when I played for Paladin, I had Honest on 5 and Diplomatic on 5.

So is lvl 5 limit?

Certain options yield more "points" than others.

Minor options give one point, average options give three points, and major options give seven.

25 Points = Rank 1

50 Points = Rank 2

75 Points = Rank 3

100 Points = Rank 4

125 Points = Rank 5

I don't think you can reach above level five in disposition, not because there isn't Rank 6, but rather there aren't enough points to reach Rank 6. I could be wrong, though.